my daughter is 13 years old and hasn't had her period yet. she has recently found brown, almost black, discharge in her underwear and a little bit of red here and there. does this mean she is starting her period?

It sounds like it.

I have the same problem! I'm 14 and I just recently had what I think is my period, but with it came blackish/brown discharge. I'm pretty sure she is starting her period.

crzyfl wrote:

It sounds like it.

I have the same 2!! i have not yet started my period and i hav brown almost black discharge. i hope i am just starting my period and something isnt wrong.

Im 12 I started My Peiod in July.And theis month I didnt get it (the doctor said its normal)But i have a brown almost black Discharge After my period was done it July I had the same Problem

heya xx,

a few days ago i looked in my pants and saw a kinda brown/ redish/ blackish colour in my pants, it was also slightly stringy, i was very confused if it was discharge or period of an infection. i have not yet started my period so was lil scared :O i was wonderin if u could tell me is this a sign that i am nearly starting my period, my mum thought it was perhaps a sign that i was about to start but im just reli confused coz period is normally red :S:S

sounds to me like it is a period. the blood is red when its fresh, but if you only notice it after a couple of hours, it can look brown/ black. i wouldnt worry if i were u.

Yeah she is about to start. I wish mines started that way but no lol i had this horrible cramp in my tummy when i first had it lol .

I'm kinda scared here... I'm 12, haven't got my period yet and now I find brown-ish discharge in my undy, and it wasn't dry.... I was looking up info online and most of the results were infections........... I'm so confused right now... what should I do?

Plus I don't get how this problem is the meaning to period start... I'm really not too much into scientific stuff but right now.... I'm hoping it's not an infection... T_T

Hmm i i got this bad cramp my first time and i didnt get any brown discharge be4 my first period i started to get a white creamy gooey looking discharge and i still get this type of discharge 2 weeks be4 each period i hear this is normal tho but anyways yea i think ur daughters period is coming.

i'm 13 years old and i haven't started my period. :'( i don't get blackish/reddish/brownish stains in my pants, but i do get cramps, but i only have bowel movement cramps. is something wrong with me ?

when i was 11 almost 12, i had seen some borwn disharge in my underwear and it was my period, the next month it was red, and so on. this is normal, usually when a girl first starts its brown because its been in her reproductive area for a few days, the body is getting adjusted to the change. theres no really specific explanation but it is the way every girl I know starts.

I'm soon to be 15 years old, I started my Period when I was 11. Even now during my periods, the discharge does not appear to be blood-like, but brownish. This IS her PERIOD. Like I said, I've been having them for over 3 years now, and this happens to me all the time. It's not abnormal, it's perfectly natural.

I'm 11 yrs old and I get discharge and sometimes there are small pink dots in it. I'm in 6th grade and I did puberty classes.The teacher said it could be months to about a year before I would get my period.She also said I may get cramps and hip and back pains. My mum said I would get my period soon (I have had it for at least 2 or 3 months now).

I'm 11 yrs old and I get discharge and sometimes there are small pink dots in it. I'm in 6th grade and I did puberty classes.The teacher said it could be months to about a year before I would get my period.She also said I may get cramps and hip and back pains. My mum said I would get my period soon (I have had discharge for at least 2 or 3 months now). Sorry same girl made mistake in previous post.