Hello, this is hard to describe so please bare with me. I woke up this morning and I noticed that my right eye was blurry. To my surprise when I looked at a white wall I noticed that there was a faded brown circle visible towards the center of my view. When I closed my left eye, the brown circle became more obvious - taking up about 1/9th of my view. Its like someone had shined a bright light in my eye and I'm left with a sort of burnt in image.

When I look at objects or even text on this screen with this eye, the image becomes distorted around the circle like looking though a bubble. When I close my right eye, the brown circle turns sort of a purple-blue color with a noticeable white ring around it. Aside from the circle annoyance, it is also making me quite dizzy.

I tried rinsing my eye with water. I rubbed my finger over the surface. I tried eyedrops. There is nothing on my eye or behind my eyelid.

I am 35 and don't wear glasses. I've never had any eye problems in my life.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Legend

This should be checked out immediately. While I don't know exactly what is happening, you don't want to risk your vision. It could be a burst blood vessel in your eye that will clear up on it's own, or possibly an infection. It could also be the result of a stroke. I don't know.

See an opthamologist and they will most likely dilate your pupils and check the retina.

I would consider this an emergency. Don't risk your vision or your health.

Thanks for your advice. I went to the eye-doctor and he told me I have Central Serous Retinopathy (CSR)

Its a condition in which a small pool of fluid accumulates under the macula. A defect in the normally water tight layer beneath the retina allows the leakage of fluid which then collects under the retina. This forms a blister-like elevation which alters the function of the retina, and typically becomes noticeable when central vision is affected. CSR most commonly occurs in males in their 30s to 50s... CSR has been commonly associated with stress or 'type A' personalities.

There is no treatment, but it should go away on its own in a couple of months.

Thanks.

Legend

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know how you're doing.

I'm glad it was nothing more serious. I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Good luck.

jsvg00 wrote:

Thanks.

Hi !! i am Yash
It's good that you had got it diagnosed and now you know what exactly it is but, did you ever notice any other problem on you body after your eye problem ??

Guest wrote:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi !! i am Yash

Nearly 4 years on from your original post I just wanted to say - thank you so much for posting this and for following it up too.  You have described EXACTLY what I currently have to the last detail.  I am so worried about it and have been searching the internet for clues.  I have made an appointment to get it checked out.  If you still check this site, I just wonder what was the outcome for you - I hope all is good.  I am, a 48 year old female with a classic type A personality!   Your post has given me a moment of relief from the thought that I was losing my sight.  Thank you!

Did u find out anything about your condition

thank you! although i can't confirm until I see the dr. I believe that is what I just woke to find in my right eyes vision. I'm a stressed type A 44 yr old male. I hope and pray you are all back to normal and I will b soon too.

to elaborate on the symptoms~ i first noticed a reddish dot when i blinked falling to sleep last night. i thought i had looked at the bright light bulb putting the light out and it had left one of those ghost images that fade quickly. (like the sun)
this morning when i blink i can briefly see what looks like a bubble in the very center of my right eyes vision. clear aqueous looking, almost like a big symmetrical floater. or a tiny moon jellyfish. whats worse is noticing the blurry spot when i close my left eye and focus to read. Scary.

I have just returned from my eye doctor where I presented with a similar description of symptoms. I was immediately sent to a Vitreoretinal eye specialist. If you are having these symptoms, don't delay. Get to an eye doctor pronto. My diagnosis is partial thickness macular hole. I just wish we caught it sooner.

I went to see a Retina specialist and I was diagnosed with Central serous choroidopathy.

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001612.htm
He said to reduce my stress level and exercise in technically obese but I'm 6 feet tall about 250lb.
He said it should go away on its on and surgery is an option but the survey has an 80% success rate.

I am experiencing the same on my right eye. I want to follow this post and see if more people post

hello all, I'm a 35 year old female, and on 3rd feb 2017 middle of day I noticed a hazy brownish circle in my left eye's vision, anyway 2 days later went into see an optician, she suggested it looks lieki central serous retinothapy - has referred me to specialist to confirm that further -waiting for that appointment. Ive read about it being linked to stress - I know ive been stressed/over thinking about stuff and I always felt like I have a know in my tummy coz I'm worried about stuff- add to this having easily4 cups of coffee a day and not good diet- apparently caffeine can increase cortisol(stress hormone) - I'm bit scared as I cannot read well out of left eye now due to the distortion and shade. I'm doing my best to NOT STRESS - can people please advise what been happening with them and how long did it take to resolve?