Hello everyone, I have a question and I hope someone can help me. I had a laser hemorrhoidectomy almost 2 weeks ago and I have a bump/oval shaped thing right on my rectum. My recovery has been pretty painful like everyone else's, but wasn't this supposed to be gone my now? it looks just like a hemorrhoid and I'm afraid that something went wrong and I went through all that pain and hassle for nothing. My discharge papers say that I may still feel the hemorrhoids are there b/c of inflammation, but it sure doesn't look like it's just going to disappear. Does anyone know if this is actually only inflammation? has anyone had anything similar to this after the surgery? My bm's are still pretty painful, and this is seriously depressing me :'(

I didn't have laser surgery but i did have some lump appear after the surgery and i'm sure that they are more hems and also a lot of inflammation. I'm 4 weeks out and i've still got quite a bit of internal inflammation so don't be to worried about it. To help with the swelling wrap a ice cube in some plastic cling wrap and whack it up on there and sit down for 15mins this will also help.

It will get better ...That bump is due to inflamation and should go away in time.....I do not know if your taking advil but 2 every 8 hours is a help in the pain and inflamation....I understand being depressed as i was but i am feeling so much better other then a pulled muscle now in back from proberly not sleeping in my usual position and all that in and out of baths ....The advil will also help with the BMs when you go will be less painful....Hang in there each day it will gradually get better..Blessings solie

Thank-you Craig2 and Solie, I really really really hope that it is only inflammation. It just seems so weird that inflammation can last that long though! I guess all I can do is wait, that's probably what my doc will tell me anyway. All I know is that this has all been extremely painful.

Hey how did u recover?? His oval inflammation go away? I had surgery for hem removal n now i nitice i have an oval lump also. Feels like they did nothing.