They say you should burn off more calories than you take in right? I take in an average of 1700-2000 calories a day. I go and run and i also workout but there is no way that i burn that many calories doing that. How could i lose weight then? please help

I dont think you burn all the calories you take in in order to lose weight. Some of those calories go to maintaining your body functions. Every body is different and every body needs a different amount of calories to sustain their weight and daily nutritional needs. A body needs its daily calories to maintain and then exersize helps burn some of them or extra calories even and also keeps your body healthy. We dont exersize just to burn calories. It helps you stay in shape and helps your heart. Also these factors such as the foods you eat and exersize regulates your metabolism. Your body metabolizes the foods you eat and the nutrients go to all parts of your body. Exersize helps to regulate or maintain metabolism. Depending on your body fat, (in this case if you have none)the nutrients will go directly to maintaining your body. Exersizing daily for extended times can actually do more harm than good. This could lead to anorexia. And it also means that your body isnt getting the nutrients it needs to maintain its vital functions. Exersize should be in moderation. For example a perfectly healthy person should be ok with exersizing 3 to 4 times a week for about 30 mins with a cardio, toning and weight lifting regimine. See a nutritionist if burning calories is a concern. They can also recommend an exersize program to best fit your needs. I hope this gives you a better idea. The bottom line is a body cannot live healthily if in every 24 hr period you are consuming X amount of calories and exersizing enough to burn them ALL.

So if i keep eating a healthy diet and run/work out daily, will i lose weight?

Well maybe it would help to find out what your ideal weight should be for someone of your height. You can search the internet to get the ratio. Depending on what site you find it may even tell you how much caloric intake your body requires to maintain your weight. You dont mention how much you already weigh. A nutritionist or your doctor can tell you how many less calories you should consume and hopefully be able to recommend an exersize regimine if you NEED to lose weight. If you insist on doing it on your own, I posted a thread that I will just cut n paste for you. Your body needs balance in nutrition and exersize and it should be a lifestyle change not just a quick fix to lose weight. The post I wrote is below. Sorry but we are not allowed to use website addresses on this forum... I edited a little to be more to the point.

My suggestion is to search for the keywords Joe Dillon Differnce first. He has the who, what, why, where, hows. Joe Dillon is a motivational speaker whose focus is better health through a diet plan that promotes high protein and low carbs SIMILAR to Atkins but not. I recommend that if you have the opportunity you must take it and go listen to him speak.

Then search for Life Extension. Dillon promotes the supplements found at the other website because they are 'pharmaceutical grade' products. Basically that means there are no additives that can be found in the same products bought at a retail store. Because of the quality these products are more expensive.He also shows that our bodies simply CANNOT injest all the vitamins and minerals we actually need in a 24 hr period.

I also tried the program and did as much as I could to follow it and I really did notice the difference in how I felt overall and I lost 28 pounds. However I didnt stick to it for my own reasons. I want to share the information cuz I know when a person finds something that works for them they want others to know about it. I still try to do what I can but my current financial situation cant support it in full force. Personally I wish to do it all the way not just a little here and there. BUT THATS ME.

The purpose for my post is to get people who are constantly seeking or hoping for that miracle pill or plan that will practically melt the pounds off in their sleep and cause no adverse affects to realize that right now it aint out there. Maybe someday, but not now. And in the meantime this is a sensible way to get started. I know how it is to want so badly to lose the weight, try, and get discouraged because the 'new fad' plan didnt work. Its an emotional roller coaster.

Food for thought: Have you noticed that in almost all of the diet fads, pills teas, creams, etc they all say somewhere, possibly in the finest print, that their product will work most effectively with a healthy diet and excersize plan? Mmmk... See where Im goin with this? You know how every now and again in these posts you'll see a few words lit in blue representing a link? I clicked on one and it led me to a site advertising their Wu-Yi tea and how it 'may' help you this or help you that. At the VERY bottom there is the exact above statement. Well if all I need is a healthy diet and excersize program, why do I REALLY need this tea...? (Nothing negative being implied toward this site.)

DisntinctivelyMe...?

well im 5'8 or 5'9 around there and i weigh 205 lbs. my doctor told me that i should be around 160-165. he gave me the food pyramid to follow as a diet and said i should get 30-60 minutes of exercise daily

does that sound like a good way to lose weight?

welll anyone??