I have problem with buttocks pimples. I think the reason is what I have a desk job and travel a lot of international travel with long time sitting on airplanes. Now I wonder does too much sitting cause pimples to form on the buttocks. Sometimes my buttock pimples are on the surface and sometimes they seem deeper, almost cystic. I would like to hear more about it, could you tell me any advice how to get rid of buttock pimples.

First, I want to teach you that pimples on the buttocks are not the same as acne. Sitting does not necessarily cause or aggravate them as you might think. If they annoy you, you might be able to help them by cleaning daily with an antiseptic cleanser. If this cannot help, you could try applying an antibiotic like Bacitracin in your nostrils every night for a month. The reason for this odd-sounding suggestion is that staphylococcus germs hang out in the nose and cause no symptoms. However, bathing them in Bacitracin for a while diminishes their number and their tendency to spread to other parts of the body. If this fails to help enough, your doctor might try a course of some oral antibiotics. Sometimes this might help with buttock pimples. Over time, problem of buttock pimples tends to get better on its own on many cases. You could also try baby powder with cornstarch and see if that helps, as it will dry up any sweat, which can be a cause of pimples.

This problem looks similar to mine, but I believe mine is a genetic problem. Everyone in my family has this. There are really no pimples per se,(xcept once in a while) but the skin is filled ( 10cm radius on both buttocks ) with small painless boils. But they leave black scars and disfigure the skin completely. I am at my wits' end. Please help

pliz help i have a >;) pimple on ma butt it really it's da first time i have got it

I had this problem REALLY BAD since I was about 6 -7 years old. SOOO bad I couldn't sit at times or bare to have anyone touch them let alone try to squeeze them. They would start off as pimples on my buttock cheeks then I think some would get aggravated or infected by sweat & get really big & sore. I found that sitting aggravated them making them increase in number & size - especially in hot, sweaty weather & on plastic chairs.
The good news is that about 10 years ago I got rid of them & have enjoyed nice buttocks since (I do get the occasional few pimples but only small & not painful. They go away quickly).
I can't remember the name of the stuff I used, but it was a topically applied & it was a product that killed staphylococcus bacterium. I applied it direct to my buttocks. It got rid of them. My friend had the stuff prescribed to her for her face as she had severe acne. It didn't work for her face so she gave it to me to try on my bum. IT WORKED!
The following is also important:
NEVER where polyester or satin underwear - ONLY wear 100% cotton. You need to let your but breathe as much as possible, sweating only aggravates the problem. Don't wear swimwear under clothes to save you changing at the pool or beach - your bum pays for it. If you live in hot, clammy climate get an airconditioner or move somewhere cooler. And if you exercise a lot & get sweaty, have a shower afterwards & dry your but well then dress in dry, clean clothes.

hi i have a similar problem. I'm a teenage girl and ever since i can remember i've had bad skin on my butt. Kind of like blackheads and red blind pimples, sometimes they get heads and leave scars. I have no idea what to do! I'm hygienic and shower everday with soap etc, i don't wear satin underwear and im generally not a sweaty person... I think it might be genetic from my dad. I REALLY want it gone. Can someone please help, if someone has any suggestions that don't involve going to a doctors/telling anyone at all that would be great because its embarrasing as hell

Thank you for this information about this because i'm 14 at the moment. Ever since i was about 11 i had been getting dreadful spots around my buttocks. I'm going to try a antibacterial wash and hopefully that will get rid of them. My mother gets them as well as me so I suppose it is genetic. I'll reply back to see if this really works and also not wearing satin underwear,etc. Thank you very much. I've been looking on the internet for ages for posts like this because I was too embarrassed to go to the doctor I thought I was the only one who had it.

I know exactly how you all feel...

This condition has plagued me since I was about 13 and only gotten worse with age. I am now 35 and my buns get all kinds of weird bumps from ordinary pimples to boils and even deep-tissue pimples that are hard and wide. Also I sweat easy and am moderately over weight which causes a lot of butt crack sweating. It gets grosser. Ya see, I *hate* pimples with a passion. I don't just wash them and be done with it. I destroy them (pop and drain) then put rubbing alcohal, peroxide or Oxy on them.

The Oxy pads works pretty well in conjunction with bathing but, I have so many of these things that it's difficult to get rid of them all.

Some of them get infected and turn purple or blue and one of the deep-tissue pimples has a hole leading down to it that keeps trying to heal but, these thing itch so bad at times that I can't help but scratch which causes the deep tissue pimple to leak fluid.

I feel like a disgusting monster or ogre from a B horror movie because of pimply butt. I swear if that if I didn't have any nerve endings in my buttocks, I would sit in tub of acid to get rid of these things.

I'll try some of the things suggested but, I have a feeling that I'll be cursed with this condition until the day I die.

Guest wrote:

I know exactly how you all feel... I feel like a disgusting monster or ogre from a B horror movie because of pimply butt. I swear if that if I didn't have any nerve endings in my buttocks, I would sit in tub of acid to get rid of these things. I'll try some of the things suggested but, I have a feeling that I'll be cursed with this condition until the day I die.

I know exactly how that feels too. I get mild to moderate acne on my buttocks and I have ever since I turned about 12, and I am now 20. No matter how much I washed, or how much baby powder I applied, or over-the-counter medications, or cotton underwear, or frequently washed jeans or sheets, it did not go away. A month or so ago I finally went to the doctor and she put me on doxycycline along with a topical antibiotic. I still have the acne, but it has greatly improved. I have stopped taking the antibiotic because my stomach is too sensitive and will go back to the doctor to change the type of antibiotic to something less irritating. Ever since I started getting acne on my butt I have felt so ashamed because to me, it seems like such an ugly, ridiculous place to get it. Not to mention, even if the pimples themselves go away quickly, in my case, the spots they leave stay around for months. I have had the same fantisies about sitting in acid, and scraping them all off. I have felt embarressed in front of lovers because I'm afraid they will find me unattractive. Though so far none of them seemed to have cared in the least, which is fine with me. Sorry to go on and on, but the point is that you don't have to live with this forever. Go to a dermitologist and ask for adult acne treatment. Sometimes over-the-counter stuff doesn't work and that's ok. If what they prescirbe firs doesn't work, ask for somethin else. Also too all of those who said they are embarressed to show their butt acne to the doctor. Get over it, doctors see all kinds of weird and wacky sh*t in their line of work. And frankly they're not going to be impressed by butt acne. It's just one of many imperfections of a humyn body, so let them help you get rid of it.

I suffered from the same problem until recently. I found that a combination of a soft soap (I use Lever 2000's aloe body wash) and application of Johnson's Aloe Vera/Vitamin E Baby Oil every morning and evening after shower/bath did the trick, much to my relief. Hope it works for you too.

Should add that I tried many solutions (talcum powder, loose fitting clothes, salycic acid etc) without much luck. This is the first treatment which made a noticeable difference.

OK......I have had them most of my life.. Went to a bunch of skin doctors, no one could solve the problem. Just topicals to help eliminate it once it occured... Then I went to an allergist. He solved it.. I have to not eat mold producing foods and I get shots for mold allergies and it ended.. completely...

When your skin gets pimples and boils, etc., it basically means you're body is trying to get rid of something it doesn't want.

When I eat healthier (meaning eating as "clean" as possible, avoiding foods with lots of chemicals, preservatives, and stuff you can't pronounce), I've noticed the pimples on my butt go away.

Also, if you like to handle things like this naturally, tea tree oil is a natural oil that is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, etc.... and seems to help a LOT. Just put some on a cotton ball and smear it on your butt. After a few days, you should see a big difference. Tea tree has a strong smell, so maybe best to put it on before bed.

wouldnt oils create more pimples lol

Nearly every one of the Butt and thigh pimple sufferers are describing the symptoms of skin transfered Herpes simplex type II. Try pure Australion Tea Tree Oil and get your doctor to give you a blood test for herpes!!!