I have cervical radiculopathy from disc bulge and spurs impinging on nerve at C5-6 and C6-7. I also have had an EMG results show carpal tunnel. My neurologist does not believe in the "double crush" theory. She states that isn’t problem and even if she did, I did not have impingement of the C7 nerve. She obviously did not even look at my MRI report and also said that because she tested my median nerve at the wrist and it showed compression this proved only Ct. what I want to know is if it were indeed double crush would the testing of the wrist median nerve still show entrapment? Thank you

The concept of double crush syndrome is known for many years and it means there are 2 lesions along one nerve course, (i.e. patients with one peripheral nerve lesion did in fact have a second lesion elsewhere) and they implied that both lesions were contributing to the symptoms. On another way, somewhat include symptoms which result from a combination of two separate, local lesions at different anatomical sites in the same nerve, whether or not one actually contributes to the causation of the other. So practically, you may have carpal tunnel syndrome and another lesion of plexus/root in addition. So, yes, EMG could show a carpal tunnel syndrome which is fairly easy to diagnose by such method. Maybe you should seek for second opinion about your problem.