I am a little bit overweight but not so much to be worried and frustrated about it. Anyway, I always take care about diet I intake and its quality. I have many friends that count calories every day, within each meal they eat. That seems to be so damn boring, especially because I realized I do not understand it. Can you tell me something about calorie closely, what does it actually means?

That is normal you have tendency to hear more about calorie closely, because although everyone talk about it, not so many people actually understand it. Calorie is unit of heat defined as the quantity of heat required to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree centigrade at atmospheric pressure. That is a unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure. This term calorie is used by nutritionists to characterize the energy-producing potential in food. An outdated unit measuring energy and now replaced by the joule unit, one calorie is the amount of heat energy required to hear one squared centimeter of water by 1 degree Celsius. That would be definition of calorie exactly as scientists gave us. There is made calorie expenditure that charts intake of food and how calories it contains. That could use you only as a rough guide. It is impossible to produce an accurate calorie chart without proper scientific tests, because all people have a different genetic make up, body type and lifestyle. Differences to understand calorie closely should consider as which amount of calorie is going to burning during exercise, and how much is intake.