I need some info about calories in macrobiotics. my daughter wants to start with some macrobiotic diet and she cares much about calories and is very skinny already so I am afraid now would she still be losing wait while on macrobiotic diet and how things with calories in macrobiotics goes. I mean it is not like she would be hungry all the time, isn't it?

I am on macrobiotic diet for years now and I must tell I am so happy with this. it is true that it is about law calories in macrobiotics and it is not just about law calories but also macrobiotic diet is poor with proteins, vitamins, minerals and calories and that is where the special care is needed for regarding this fact I personally use something like a modified diet that at the same time provides me with those extra calories and plus I am taking vitamin and minerals supplement for it is well known that if on macrobiotic diet you risk having extremely law iron, vitamin d and B 12 complex. And as for the calories in macrobiotics they are so minimized that I would never recommend this diet to someone who is already so skinny for there are some starvation cases. But you may consider the possibility your daughter keep on with this diet under the regular medical or nutritional control whatever for macrobiotic diet provides a good amount of energy based on taking fruits and while grains-and this as always a healthy approach.