New Reply New Topic Followed by 13 people

I am so happy I found this. I am a bartender at a huge beer garden. I am not generally a heavy drinker but it is summer and I find myself enjoying a vodka "shift drink" more often in the past few weeks. I also recently started to enjoy white wine and BOOM my entire right knuckles and especially my pointer finger are SO SORE! The pain is literally bone deep. I workout *a lot* as I am a yoga teacher, energy worker, and also work part time at a gym. I drink a LOT of water every day (3-4 liters on average) and despite my hydration I am still in pain. I am giving up alcohol for the next week and will see if this pain disappears as well. I also had pork TWICE this week and I SELDOM eat pork! Wondering if the sulfates and high salt concentration. Eating super clean- lots of greens- and lots of chammomile tea this week as it is a natural anti-inflammatory.. Best wishes!

I have experienced the same thing. So I stopped drinking 3 weeks to go to see what would happen. I also had a bunyonectomy a year ago in May. I have not been able to wear highheels at all. After 3 weeks of not drinking I'm wearing my highheels. I was at a point where I thought I will never be in pretty shoes again because I was in so much pain.

Hello, I am a huge ME TOO on this topic. I have been tested for RA twice; one test came back suspicious, and the next negative. I recently developed psoriasis as well as eczema. The eczema is absolutely worsened with alcohol consumption. I have curbed my drinking to maybe once a week, but many of my symptoms persist, and are sometimes awful after any amount of drinking. My doctors don't seem interested in taking my complaints seriously. I am looking for any answers regarding this condition. I am 34 and desperate, because even when I go weeks without a drop of alcohol, I still feel the aches, and see the skin disorders. I know arthritis and skin disorders are often linked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well to stop now.

I have arthritis in one joint and when it flares up it's excruciating.
Interestingly, towards the end of last year I started to have pains in every joint of my hands, wrists, hips, lower spine, knees and feet. I went to the doc and after tests there was no inflammation, no RA - just osteo-arthritis in one joint - with the rest the result of a vitamin D deficiency. After a few visits of me going 'are you sure?' the doc got a bit testy and I'd abaondoned ever getting a proper medical answer - yet i still had pains in all my joints, with my wrists, any sideways movement was painful and the wrist felt weak.

I'm not a big drinker - my usual consumption is a couple of glasses in an evening perhaps once a month. I haven't had a drink in around 3 months and the pains subsided around 6 weeks ago. 5 days ago I had two drinks in an evening (G&T) and the next day the pains were back and have been constant since then. This morning I had a think about it and realised that the only thing that was different in the last week was the booze, so i went looking on the web and found this.
It's too early for me to tell if alcohol is the cause but I'm prepared to believe it's histamines of some sort as I have allergies galore. I'm going to wait until the pain subsides again and then I'll try the alcohol again, if it triggers it, I'll have my answer.
Since dehydration is also mentioned as a factor, I've just taken some Dioralyte (rehydration salts) and I'm hoping that it might speed the recovery process.
Early days yet but I'm going to keep an eye on this thread and hopefully either me or someone else may have some good news eventually

The crystals you talk of are from uric acid that builds up in the blood and goes to joints. It's called gout. Alcochol is a major problem with uric acid build up. So it's seafoods and high purine foods. They cause inflammation in the body. The problem with alcohol is you have not so much the alcohol but the by product acetaldehyde, and then this acetaldehyde is converted into acetic acid radicals--also known as acetyl radicals. Acetaldehyde is a poison which is a close relative of formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is highly toxic embalming fluid. The body needs high doses of glutathione ( your master antioxidant) which as you age we genarslly produce less of. To break down toxins like that. You can take liposomesmal gluathione for best results.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use