New Reply New Topic Followed by 12 people

I am so happy I found this. I am a bartender at a huge beer garden. I am not generally a heavy drinker but it is summer and I find myself enjoying a vodka "shift drink" more often in the past few weeks. I also recently started to enjoy white wine and BOOM my entire right knuckles and especially my pointer finger are SO SORE! The pain is literally bone deep. I workout *a lot* as I am a yoga teacher, energy worker, and also work part time at a gym. I drink a LOT of water every day (3-4 liters on average) and despite my hydration I am still in pain. I am giving up alcohol for the next week and will see if this pain disappears as well. I also had pork TWICE this week and I SELDOM eat pork! Wondering if the sulfates and high salt concentration. Eating super clean- lots of greens- and lots of chammomile tea this week as it is a natural anti-inflammatory.. Best wishes!

I have experienced the same thing. So I stopped drinking 3 weeks to go to see what would happen. I also had a bunyonectomy a year ago in May. I have not been able to wear highheels at all. After 3 weeks of not drinking I'm wearing my highheels. I was at a point where I thought I will never be in pretty shoes again because I was in so much pain.

Hello, I am a huge ME TOO on this topic. I have been tested for RA twice; one test came back suspicious, and the next negative. I recently developed psoriasis as well as eczema. The eczema is absolutely worsened with alcohol consumption. I have curbed my drinking to maybe once a week, but many of my symptoms persist, and are sometimes awful after any amount of drinking. My doctors don't seem interested in taking my complaints seriously. I am looking for any answers regarding this condition. I am 34 and desperate, because even when I go weeks without a drop of alcohol, I still feel the aches, and see the skin disorders. I know arthritis and skin disorders are often linked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.