Hello! When I was child I had a very big injury. After wound passed, scars stayed . These scars during the time pass became keloids. Now, I am wondering if keloids can be removed by surgery. If this can be done, I will go to surgery. This is very important to me and I am waiting your prompt reply.

Hello! Keloids are pretty unpleasant scars and I understand you. Unfortunately, I must tell you first this: no scar can be removed completely (including keloid). But, surgery can reduce keloids. I think that you should try with surgery. Surgeon will remove keloids at the places where they meet normal tissue.

You can have surgery to remove Keloids. My son got a keloid after a hernia repair surgery soon after a keloid grew over the scar and it was large (2.5 inches long and alomost 1 inch high). I took him to several surgeons that said they could not help us but found a great plastic surgeon that could help. He removed the keloid with surgery and injected the area with steriods after surgery and once a week for 6 months after the surgery. That was 4 years ago - my son never had a keloid return to that site. the key is a great plastic surgeon that knows about keloids, no stitches for scars always request Dermabond (a glue like closure) & request and follow through with the steriod injections.

Hope this helps

do u have a surgerian that u recomend

I,ve got a keloid below my neck,which is very painful ,itchy and spreading fast.Would u suggest plastic surgery.? I cant even take the pain of my clothings rubbing on it.PLEASE HELP

Who was the doctor? Which city/state in the us?

Hai my name is Celine...I'm from Indonesia I wanna asking because I have few of keloid after I remove my tato by laser,now I can't wearing any sexy dress because my keloid,any suggest or best dr I can surgery or skin transplatasion you recomended in Singapore or indonesia thanks guys for the information...coz will really helping me much coz that's so important for me thank u

where is u from and who is the surgery doctor because that sound like a good doctor.i live in the upstate just wondering because the doctor can't remove my daughter i would like him to do my little girl please answer back soon thanks for taking the time out to read this.

Haiti thanks for the replay....my I know the dr and the hospital who's the surgery your son,because sound that's a good dr thanks for the information GBU

Sir, Can you give me the Doctor information.

Please can you tell me the name & place of that Plastic surgeon to whom you have conctacted....

what surgeon removed the keloid?

What state are you? My son had hernia surgery and keliod had form on the scar,and it's about 2-3 inch thick. He ashame to take his shirt while swimming but of course when the shirt in it shows