Can my doctor tell i have had an abortion by doing a PAP?

I've never had an abortion but from what I've heard it leaves a scar... if you yourself are able to tell you've had an abortion it should be easier for a doctor to tell. If there is no trace than they may not know. However if you are thinking about not telling your doctor you've had an abortion thats a bad idea. Your doctor should be fully aware of your health history in order to give the best care.

NO, it does not leave a scar!

I work in womens health, there are no scars from post abortive women!

BUT... Most women that have NEVER been pregnant or given have a 'small O' shaped cervical opening. IF your cervix has been dilated for a d&c for miscarriage, or from childbirth, it can sometimes look like a slit.

ABORTIONS do not cause scarring, I would know, I have seen NUMEROUS cervixes, and I assist with abortions.

Your doctor normally would not be able to tell, but it is part of yourmedical history. I tell my doctor about my abortion.

My bad, guess I shouldn't believe everything I read ;-) but like said above I would still tell your doctor.

No problem! I think that sometimes posts can come off wrong via the internet, because you cannot tell 'tone'. Sorry if it seemed snarky or mean.

I advise all women to tell their doctor about everything, IF you feel you cannot, you need a new doctor.

Yeah.. There are so few sites about abortion that really give honest facts, so many sites just want to change your mind or make you mad, instead of educating women.

I beg to differ as I have had two regrettably when I was in my teens. I never told the ob's and each knew I had had abortions.

Not true I have had an abortion sadly when I was really young and not one of my doctors could tell at all what so ever. So I guess it depends on who did the abortion because there is no trace that I ever had one.

this is for the woman in healthcare or anyone that can help me.. i had an abortion when i was 16 almost 4 years ago, and sence then i pee constantly i cant hold any liquid down. its hard to hold it in at night or at work. i pee atleast 20x a day. and atleast 5x in the middle of the night it literally wakes me up and wont let me go back to bed unless i get up and pee and most the time at night its just a little dribble!?

sincerly
pee's a lot!

plz let me know that i had an abortion with 5 month baby before marriage and now i am afraid of getting married. i dont want that my husband should know about my abortion or my sexual relationships. plz help me how can i hide my all secrets. and is it possible for a doctor to tell about abortion or prior physical relations may be it in india or out of india.

This message is for Icebreaker-
I know you said women should tell their doctor about everything. I recently had an abortion at a different clinic than the one that I usually go to for my annual exams. Since my abortion, I don't know what to tell my doctor because it's a christian health clinic. Any advice? Will she be able to tell if I had an abortion? Can I just tell her that I had a miscarriage without giving her all the details of where it was addressed and having info forwarded to her?

Icebreaker,

I've had 2 abortions (10 & 20years ago). I am now married & pregnant. I don't want my husband to know about the abortions so I'm afraid to tell my doctor. Any advice?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. You cannot judge.

Icebreaker wrote:

hello icebreaker! what if i take cytotec? will my doctor notice that i aborted the fetus? can he trace it in any way? like in my blood?

God is also forgiving. We all have our own reasons why we chose abortion, but I know my sins will be forgiven, because God is all merciful. Not one soul on this earth is without sin, so please, keep your judgements to yourself

God will judge me...not you..