New Reply New Topic Followed by 33 people

im 28 and have smoked weed everyday since i was 13. i quit about 12 days ago and im having no problems staying off it but ive been feeling constantly tired like i could just go to sleep at any time! i was jst wondering if any one else has had this problem and if so when will it go away?thanks scott

Hi:
According to a Johns Hopkins University (very reputable) study, symptom from marijuana withdrawal included things like anxiety, restlessness, sleeping problems and other symptoms (un-named). These would seem to be the opposite of what you are experiencing. Could your tiredness be related to your diet? Are there other health issues, like anemia. If you were smoking that much and that frequently, maybe you weren't eating that much. Google "Food Pyramid" and check your daily nutritional habits. This could be the problem. However, if you continue to feel this way, please see a doctor. Congratulations on your desire to live a healthier lifestyle. Take care of yourself. Please keep us updated.

I quit a week ago and I have never been more tired. It's very weird!

Same here.. I feel super tired. Just because John Hopkins (very reputable) did a study, that doesn't mean its reliable. It's a study.. which means it's only observing the group of individuals who were selected. And also, you have never smoked before. So please don't try to help people if you haven't experienced it for yourself. Oh, and also don't try to say you did now just because you want to prove a point. I would appreciate if someone who has smoked and successfully quit can give any advice to us. Instead of telling us it's our diet or that we are anemic. I am a medical student, and I do not have anemia and I also eat very healthy. Also, I am a bit irritable lately because I am trying to quit. So, I'm sorry if I was a bit rude but next time do not try to help if you have something stupid to say. And we know to see a doctor if things don't work out but are trying to get through this without one first.

And for my fellow quitters, from experience from other friends, you will regain your energy back over time (a week up to a month depending on how much you smoke). If you are like me (heavy smoker), then wait about a month until the toxins from mary jane are completely out of your system. Hang in there..

Oh wow!? I quit 8 days ago (smoked for 15+ years) and I am soooooo tired. Im also on a cleanse (Isagenix) for 9 days which I started the same day. I have been trying to study for an upcoming exam and I am finding it so hard to maintain focus and energy. I was never this tired when I smoked...it is concerning me a bit...but if others have experienced it then I will pass it of as normal and get through it.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what can help with the energy...other than working out? *please note Im on a cleanse and eating awesome...so the thought of it being my diet just doesnt seem right to me. Anyway, your help is appreciated.

Thanks all :)

Just a phase. Fairly fit myself and just quit smoking recently, gym atlest 6/7 days a week whether it be running usually and lifting on off days. Honestly, sometimes at first when running i felt as though getting high. Like the weed was sweating its way out of my system the same way it got in(yeah i know its in the bloodstream too ect). Also there wre points in the day when i'd chug a small bottle of water, and a little while after id also feel the same way. so im sure being tired is just the feeling of being constantly burned out as your body is cleaning out all the junk,

Any updates? How long did it last? I quit 25 days ago, and I'm feeling very tired for the last 5 days, even after a solid 8hrs sleep. I also tried to sleep 9-10 hours but that doesn't help alot. I used to have (or still have) insomnia, but I've been so tired that the insomnia is temporarily gone :) I'd prefer my energy back though. Is it normal to experience this after feeling 'normal' for the first 2,5 weeks after quitting, and then feeling tired?

Hi guys, just joined.  Same position, quit on Sunday evening and have been exhausted.  Arms heavy and can't seem to move aggressively.  Feeling a bit disappointed in myself, but will stick to the plan.  I hope this doesn't last a month.

I am at my second week of quitting and I was a chronic user. Daily about 10 bowls a day. I too have been having extreme fatigue. not to worry. after doing some research your body is releasing the toxins. They make you feel lethargic, tired. if you drink caffeine it can mek you feel jittery. Sometimes you can even feel high without smoking anything. My best advice is to allow your body to release. Help it by drinking cranberry juice. I find my symptoms occur before lunch (around noon) . Eat something, then exercise. You will start to feel much better.

Am on day 5. Your right you can fall asleep any time. If i just sit down for 30 minutes I get hit with a fatigue and wanna sleep. I think this has not been noted becuase it clashes with insomnia symptom.

For those of you who have smoked for years you need something to help you fit in socialy because it is hard to stop that life style and straight away fit into another life style. I went to detox on my 1st attempt to quit. At detox they prescribed me with Avanza anti depressants. This tablet is a sedative and should be taken before you hit the pillow. It is the proper anti depressant for pot smokers to help them move away from the addictive circle we were in. Allows you to sleep well.

Pot smokers dont dream so once you have ur first dream after giving up ur on the road to success.

Quitting does not have to be so hard.

Yes I am experiencing exactly the same so dont stress out. Its obvious that we all have this symptom at the same time frame of giving up.

scott wrote:

Thank god i read this. I quit 14 days ago today and have never felt so tired in my life. Worse than when i was smoking. As soon as i sit down i drop off. Hopefully it is just all the toxins coming out. Looking forward to some energy! lol.

From personal experience, withdrawal symptoms for heavy smokers are a mix of tiredness with anxiety. I feel tired, lethargic, no energy, sick alternating with high blood pressure and heavy heart/palpitations, pulsating veins and cold and hot fleshes alternating too coming in waves. Sometimes everything together.

Hey everybody...  Same here as all above. Just wanted to say to all the "quiters" that read this after me to keep up the good work.  I smoked heavy for 17 years and nothing made me quit (college, first home, marriage, career, kids) until I was ready to do it. Im now on day 11 and although Im tired all the time I know that Im doing the right thing and that these symptoms will go away. Just be true to yourself and everything will work itself out. Good luck to everybody... We can do it!!!!

Hey Guys . im feeling the same i have Quit smoking marrijuana for 7 days  and im very tired i have never been tired like that in my life .

vitamines C will help.

keep it up guys energy will get back soon some takes 14 days till one months ,

I have this same thing every time I quit smoking. I am also a daily smoker. I don't think this is attributable to "toxins" being "released". Those terms are things vitamin salespeople and alternative practitioners tell people. Why would your body only release toxins when you aren't smoking? If the "toxins" are from marijuana, wouldn't there be a higher concentration during active use? The obvious answer is that these are withdrawal symptoms. 

Any drug with a significant psychotropic effect will cause withdrawal symptoms upon discontinuation. Like other drugs with recreational effects, marijuana acts on the reward circuitry of the brain. It makes sense that we are all tired while these areas recover since they play so big of a role in energy and motivation.