Hello! I am Christine and I am 22 years old. I have a problem with weight. To be precisely, I am over weighted. I have tried everything to lose my weight, but nothing helped. Yesterday a friend of mine told me that I should try speed (amphetamine ). Can speed (amphetamine ) be used to lose weight? Thank you!

Hello, Christine! First of all, I want to tell you that on your place, I would not think about mentioned “friend” as a friend of mine. Second of all, I really hope and I do not recommend you to try speed at all, because that is narcotic. Third of all, people who use speed are losing their weight, but beside this they have much more troubles. I suggest you to start with fitness program and I am sure you will lose your weight.

I am a recovering meth addict and have gained a lot of weight since I stopped using, and my new motto is "better fat than dead"!

This is only my opinion

Street drugs are abused and produce psycotic symptoms.

When a drug isn't abused we can get a benefit from it.

For example if we take maybe 10mg of amphetamine a day and keep using it for a month then this way we can lose some weight but not get high and lose our minds.

It's hard to know what amount of amphetamine is in each tablet.

Thats why prescription medication is better because it tells you the dose you are taking.

There is another thing available online called the pink patch which i would like to try out but it is very expensive.

If you try amphetamines hide from your family so that no one knows your high also don't let anyone do anything that will make you angry coz when ur high u will not be able to control urself or your moods and u might act crazy.
people will know u are on drugs.

so its not ideal.

People always assume as soon as you do something like speed you'll turn into a raving loony..

Speed was used medicinally for these exact purposes for years until people started abusing it recreationally and it was finally only given on prescription (which it is today, Adderall for example)

The only problem with speed is if you abuse it.

Insufflating a 50-150mg a day won't get you high but it will stave off the hunger pangs, just be wary because it can be addictive, try and set a date where you will stop for a week or so to give yourself a break, make sure you have a target weight and when you reach this, work on reducing the amount of amphetamines you use until you're clean again.

This may be frowned upon, but the fact is it works, and would still be available over the counter if people didn't go abusing it in the first place (remember Dexydrine? Dexys Midnight Runners!)

have you ever seen requiem for a dream? certainly do not take amphetamines.

I have read so much about how amphetamines are great for weight loss.

I spent 4 years bodybuilding and was in fairly good shape. Body fat around 10%, and fairly muscular.

Frusterated by the dificult, slow, progress toward 7% body fat, I went to my DR and got a perscription for dextroamphetamine (Dextrostat) to help me concentrate in school (and secretly to help me lose that last 3% fat)

At first it worked great, i made some progress toward my body fat goal and did well in school.
After only a short while, i found that i felt burned out all the time and began to lose my interest in exercise, and lost my social life completely.

I got my first "B" in college, and quit working out all together.
I now find that no matter how much amphetamine i take, i have very little drive, never go out to have fun, put on 20 lbs, and can only take the amphetamines to "maintain" where I am at.

I wish i never would have fallen into the amphetamine lie.
I am so much worse off than before i began taking them.

If you want to lose weight the correct way, learn about it on bodybuilding.com or some other exercise website.

Trust me if you want to loose all drive, gain more weight, lose your friends, and be depressed all the time, begin taking amphetamines.

(NOTE) I Only took them for 6 months and it was a valid prescription, not METH (which is only 10x worse)

DO ANYTHING BESIDES BEGIN AMPHETAMINES!!!

insufflating 50-150mg a day CAN get you high, quite easily. i've gotten a decent rush from a 30mg line.

i'm prescribed dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) which is slightly more potent than amphetamine and slightly less potent than dextromethamphetamine (crystal meth). i take 30mg a day in an extended release tablet, and let me tell you it f*****g kills my appetite. i'm on my university rowing team so i need to eat a lot to fuel myself for training and it actually gets hard to eat with that dose. you know that feeling you get when you're full and can't eat another bite? i get that way a quarter of my way through a typical breakfast and force myself to shovel down the rest.

i don't recommend using street speed, you don't know how pure it's going to be, you don't know what you're getting, you're dealing with shady people, etc. if you have a friend with adhd who doesn't want their meds, you can try that if you're really desperate, but i suggest you stay away from them because they ARE addictive.

if you do end up getting some amphetamine, i suggest you use no more 15mg a day. i use 30 and i'm probably a lot bigger than you and it's more than enough for me to lose my appetite. if i were to use it to lose weight, rather than for adhd, i'd probably only be using 15-20mg a day. just be careful, amphetamine increases your heart rate and blood pressure so if you have high BP, DON'T USE IT.

firstly, for the guest who wanted to lose the 3% body fat, this is ridiculous. This is why I hate our health system.. because no doctor should ethically prescribe a weight loss drug to someone who's not obese.. and i don't mean a little over weight.. i mean obese. It's ridiculous that doctors hand out pills like candy.

To the poster, I feel your pain. I have tried exercise, diets, starvation, pills (the legal kind) and nothing has worked. I have bipolar disorder and it really messes with you. I followed this link through a google search for the same question you asked. Desperation does a lot, huh?

Everyone seems to be saying the same.. abusing the drug leads to bad things. So the trick would be not to abuse it. Of course, you have to remember that should you be caught there's jail time, you could you lose your job, etc.

do it. take a lot of amphetamines if you think that its gonna make you look good. and feel comfortable

It sounds to me like some people are trying to make jokes about it but believe me that amphetamine is not a joke. If you take it for weight loss, you will lose weight, but it's highly addictive and it can absolutely ruin your life. If you want to lose weight, try to do so responsibly and safely--exercise and diet changes, and be sure to have a support network.

I obviously came to this forum bc I was interested in seeing people's opinions on amphetamines and weight loss. I am quite obese myself. I've always had to struggle with my weight... even when I was fanatical about diet and exercise, losing weight or even staying the same weight was incredibly difficult. I would always end up giving up, creating the "yo-yo" diet. That has definitely made things entirely WORSE. Since I had my son, which was a year ago, I've gain even more weight. What a mess! Anyhow, that is one reason that brings me to this forum. The other is that I have just recently (a month 1/2 ago) been diagnosed with AD/HD Inattentive and was put on amphetamine salts. Adderall, to be exact. I noticed that it does help control my appetite, and a lot of times, if I get myself busy doing something, i'll forget to eat. But I honestly end up paying for it. By that I mean my body grows incredibly weak... and I become hypoglycemic... dizzy and about to pass out, also very irritable. So I found even if I'm not hungry, I HAVE to eat something to at least keep my head on straight. Adderall is not extended use and I find that once it wears off, which is usually by the end of the day, I am VERY hungry... and if I stay up late, I find myself eating. So... I dunno. I guess everybody handles it differently. I was prescribed the meds for a medical reason, and just hoping for the added advantage of weight loss. Unfortunately, it's been a month and a half and I haven't lost ANYTHING. Clothes don't even fit better... oh well. Maybe I'm not losing weight because I'm not abusing them. I'm taking them as prescribed. When you have high blood pressure, it can be a little scary taking something that increases it. I am a bit scared of becoming dependent on this type of medication because chances are, I'll be on it for most of my life...

Hi there! I'm glad that you posted your experiences because I don't think that many people are aware of the issues that are related to trying to use stimulants to lose weight. And you bring up a good point--skipping meals usually leads to overeating later on in the day. Do you have any other experiences to share? I'd like to read!

meg1354 wrote:

i used speed all the time(yellow jackets)over the counter and the answer to your question is yes it sure does.i loove it!!!!!!!! :P

Guest wrote:

meg1354 wrote:

What speed do you use then if you are losing weight with it? How do you find them over the counter? I thought that they were illegal? Let me know what you mean.