Hello! I have a very close friend who suffers from chronic kidney disease and undergoes the dialysis every day. I would like to believe that there is hope that he can get better or at least improve quality of his life. The downside is that his doctor is not very innovative and tends to stick to some older methods that have been already proven in years. I agree that that might be a good point of view but my friend should maybe try some new methods. For example I’ve heard about stem cell use in curing some most devastating diseases. Can stem cell be used for chronic kidney disease too?

I believe they might. You see, stem cells have the remarkable potential to develop into many different cell types in the body including the renal cells. They can serve as a sort of repair system for the body since they never stop dividing. Yet, using the stem cells in treating renal failure or chronic kidney disease is still in its research phase. The experiments conducted did show some promising results though. I am sorry to say that your friend cannot still count on this method, but if he thinks that his doctor is not doing a good job or not exploring all the possibilities concerning his treatment, he should talk to him or change the doctor.

I have heard that stem cells are used in testing some new drugs, although I am not sure in which way. I have also heard that they are used in transplanting operations, for example in heart transplantation or liver transplantation, so I guess that they will be, if they are not already, be used in kidney transplantation operations too. Yet, I remember that they have some bad side-effects, which, as I remember, also include damaging kidneys. I am not sure. Does anyone know more?

Dear Friend,
I am Dr Sunil Waghmare, practising interventional radiologist and stem cell therapist. YES there is a therapy which can help your friend and can alleviate his problems to a great extent. The therapy which can be offered to him is called autologous mesenchymal stem cell transplant intraarterially.
Thanks,
Dr Sunil Waghmare
MD, DMRE, MACP, FACP
Fellow ISVIR.

**edited by moderator** no emails allowed**

Dear Doctor Waghmare,

i am suffering from CRF ndergoing hemodialysis twice a week where and how can i get this treatment with stem cells.

if possible can i get details of this on mail id would be a huge help.

sohail

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Can Stem cell therapy help me? This is my story, when I was eight or nine years old my doctor found protein in my urine test since then they have been giving me a medicine name,"Cozaar". Today i have to go to homodialysis 3 times every week. I'am now 16 year old. My doctor put me in dialysis so i would not suffer the symptoms as I'v seen happen to my mom and brother. I think the doctor just want money from my dad's health insurance,"kaiser" because he does have a very good health insurance. As I can still pee maybe like 1/2 quart every day. I try to drink as much water as i can to see if i can pee 2 quarts and i can. My doctor says that at any minute my kidneys can fail. This disease runs in my family because my Mom ( just got a transplant in UCSD on the fist of August, was given by her sister and is doing very good right now) and my brother ( is back in dialysis after his kidney that was donated to him failed). My brother has had a every ruff life after loosing his kidney that was donated to him eight years ago back in 2001 and also my mom that was in dialysis for eight years, so I've seen it all. So please does anyone know if stem cell therapy can help me with my kidney disease and this is how the chronic kidney disease is called - glomerulonephritis.

This goes out to the one suffering from GLOMULERNEPHRITIS the centre for kidney research and development in AHMEDABAD,INDIA is treating patients with glomuler nephritis they have done some cases succsefully.Please try there.
Best of LUCK.

Dear Doctor SUnil Waghmare,

This is CRF patient where can i get the stem cell therapy for chronic kidney disease is there any way to contact you can you mail your adress if not e mail id?

sohail ? ? ?

Dear Docto Sunil

is any telephone no.available to contact you?

sohail

this is to Jaymee1112 and all those suffering from kidney disease CRYOCELL IN banglore india is doing therapy for kidney failure

best of luck to me and all.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Does anyone else have more information on this? I'm very intrigued and would like to get some further info if I can. It would be very helpful to me. Thanks so much!

Hi! I'm from Russia, Moscow. I have chronic kidney disease,now i am not in dialysis yet. My nefrlog best doctor Russia says that stem cells can not help in this disease.

Dear All,
You can mail me on
Thanks,
Dr Sunil Waghmare
MD,DMRE,MACP,FACP,Fellow ISVIR
Interventional radiologist and stem cell therapist.
Cell: +91-9819445690 (Indian standard time between 6pm to 9pm only pls.)

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

page wrote:

hello sir,my name is kamlesh ahuja age 30 years,and i m on dialysis since last 8 years.Previously i was taking twice a week but from last 1 year i have started taking thrice a week.In 2002;i didn't opt for transplant because living transplant was not possible because both my mom and dad were having b/p problem and my parents didn't allow for cadaver transplant because the chances of infection and rejections are high.so, from 2003-04 i am searching on internet, reading newspaper,and everyday it shows some positive side of stem cell.Once i read in newspaper that "Stem cells r those cells that can when provided the right stimulus, change themselves into specialized cells and thus developed into and replace malfunctioning of damage organ.please sir,i have only hope on stem cell therapy from last 8 years,otherwise i have 2 live my entire life on dialysis.

dear,
Dr Sunil Waghmare,
kindly give us yr. email. i.d