New Reply New Topic Followed by 12 people

Hello, folks. I pierced my ear cartilage several years ago. However, I have a keloid grown on that place. I wonder whether I can ever get rid of this. Is this possible? I would appreciate if anyone could tell me this. Thanks for all your answers. It will mean a lot to me.

Hello to you too. I had a same problem last year. I tried with various methods to remove this keloid growth. I tried aspirin paste, oils, vitamins, etc. Nothing worked. At the end, I had to remove my piercing. My keloid grew and it was ugly. You should consult with your surgeon about this. I hope I have helped. Good luck!

what it really is is an overgrown scar. i know this can be very embarrassing cause of the attention it is causing but just go to a surgeon and they can cut it off painlessly2

I have the same problem and I went to the derm to get it removed, I had it removed twice and it has come back even bigger each time...

i have keloid and i got my ear pierced like 4 years ago and it was fine for a while but i took my earring out once and it would not go back in. lucky my keloid was on the inside of my ear but the doctor saidd i couldnt get my ear pierced again at the risk of it growing on the outside next time. it just went away from the inside of my ear after a while. guess i was lucky. not so lucky about the scar on my stomach though..........

I presently have a keloid on my right ear... and so far the only thing that has worked are monthly injections of steroids. I would advize epersons NOT to cut it because it nly grows back, and grows back bigger.

anonymous wrote:

I disagree, I had a keloid cut from my ear about to years ago and it has not grown back, the procedure was painless and my ear is back to normal

Hello! I've also had this problem recently, I did what I was told and cleaned the infection 3 times daily with salt water, but I soon came to find this angered my keloid and made it alot bigger! So i resorted to creating my own little solution. I sterilized a needle and pierced the water i placed a salt waterd soaked cotton pad against the infection until all the water seeped out! I then covered the now relatively flat keloid with a generous amount of iodine. Within two days my keloid was non exsistent! This is can be a painful solution and is not for the faint hearted but it is honestly the quickest solution ever!
Pwb Lwc!

i pierced mine myself and its still the same size as it was before so would you recommend that i do this what you did

Ive had this problem before with my industrial. Keloids formed on each side of the piercing because of the piercers lack of...experience with measuring out a correctly sized bar. Well, I had to go to a different shop to get the bar replaced and they said oil worked. The little bottle was just marked body oil and applying it a couple of times a day...each of the four keloids were gone within a couple weeks.

I Know it might sound a little nasty but it works. I got my industrial done and a couple of weeks later i got 2 huge keloids. I went to a different tattoo place and let the guy look at it and he said it was caused by my ear not being pierced correctly. and he told me to use antibacterial soap and use tea tree oil. I tried that and it helped a little bit. Then my fiances mother told me to warm a tea bag up and just put it on my ear. it actually really worked. it drew everything that was in my ear out. then i was also told by her that if it didnt work to try virgin olive oil with garlic (garlic is the key) gets rid of it in 1-3 days depend(just put it on the keloid 1-2 times a day with a q-tip). My sister in law used it on hers and it helped to so either or works.

I've tried the garlic and olive oil and it did work, fast! But I hated smelling like garlic all day! And I've also tried sea salt because so many people suggested it. It didn't really seem to work for me. I've had my keloids for a year and a half now and still trying to get rid of them. I've read SOOO many websites that say to use pure tea tree oil so I'm gonna go get some today, hope that works as well as everyone says it does!

i have it to its so ugly because my keloid scar is under my breast and ihave it more than 5.. it so ugly and i cant wear spegetti shirt ang 2 pis because of this.. can you help me what should i do to remove this.plsss.thanks

hey... i was wondering, bout the virgin olive oil and gralic remedy.. do they come together? as in do u get virgin olive oil with garlic in the market or do i have to mix em up? if yes how do i mix em?

Use saline solution and bio-oil, also evening primrose oil can help when massaged on, but be careful as this stains clothes. Also, when sleeping wear a dressing on the affected area as so not to inflame or catch it when sleeping, and try not to touch it unless massaging when cleaning. I have a keyloid on my anti-tragus piercing and also my cartilage, so painful!