Hello guys

I just read the book "The Cortisol Connection Diet" and I think this diet is great. I would like to start following it in order to lose my belly fat. I really have a good feeling about this diet and from what I read in that book it is very efficient. I am prepared to be self disciplined and to follow it without cheating (I cheated a lot in some diets before).

Has anyone here on this forum followed Cortisol connection diet? Please write me here if you have some extra information. I don’t know how to prepare foods for the diet.

Can you give me some simple tasty recipes for it?

Here is one. It is a recipe for Salmon With Sautéed Tomatoes.

Ingredients needed:

one cup couscous

two tablespoons of olive oil

two pints grape tomatoes

4 -6 ounce skinless salmon fillets

kosher salt and black pepper

1/4 cup of dill, chopped.

Preparation:

First cook the couscous (follow the package directions for preparation).

Next you will need to heat one tbs of oil in a big skillet over medium heat. Then cook the tomatoes with quarter teaspoon of kosher salt until they are soft. It will take approximately 4 to 6 minutes. Fold in dill and then move to a plate.

If you like pepper, you can season the salmon with half teaspoon of salt and pepper. Cook it in the remaining oil in the skillet for about  4 to 6 minutes a side. Serve with the tomatoes and couscous.

I have a recipe that includes dark chocolate. Since it is very high in antioxidants, this type of chocolate effectively reduces oxidative stress inside our body, and this is supposed to lead to lower levels of cortisol. Here is a recipe for Healthy Dark Chocolate Green Smoothie.

You will need:

one peeled and pitted mango,

two tablespoons cacao powder

two tablespoons cacao powder

one cup of frozen blueberries

three cups of baby spinach

sweetener (optional)

one tablespoon of chia seeds, soaked for 5 minutes

and eight ounces of homemade almond milk.

Put all of these ingredients in your blender . Make sure you add the greens to your blender last. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds and enjoy.

That is true about the dark chocolate. You know what else is good? Berries.  Here is a recipe for a breakfast berry smoothie. You need:

one small ripe banana

apple juice or if you prefer mineral water

about 140g blackberries, blueberries, raspberries or strawberries (you can also use a mix of these, I do that almost every time)

runny honey, to serve.

Preparation is very simple. You just need to cut the banana into your blender or food processor and add the berries to your choice. Mix until smooth. You will want to pour in juice or water in order to make the consistency you like. You can toss a few extra fruits on top and drizzle them with honey. When that is done, it will be ready to serve.

Hello everyone

I recommend you to make oatmeal. Even though I am not a big fan of grains, oats are really healthy and can reduce your cortisol level.

Here are the instructions. Prepare 1/4 cup of quick cooking oats, 1/2 cup of skim milk, 1 teaspoon of flax seed, 2 tablespoons of walnuts (chopped), 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 banana (peeled). I usually use frozen bananas but you can use ripe bananas too. Combine the oats, milk, flax seeds, walnuts, honey, and banana in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in microwave on high for 120 seconds. Mash the banana with a fork and stir into the mixture. I prefer to serve it hot.

Hello again

Another great meal for reducing cortisol level is oyster meal. I hope you like them because I have one extraordinary recipe for you.

Ingredients needed:

• 1 lemon (cut into wedges for garnish)
  • 1/2 shooter of tomato juice
  • 1 shooter of vodka
  • 1 cup of raw oysters
  • 1 teaspoon of horseradish
  • 2 teaspoon of pepper

In a mixing bowl combine horseradish, pepper and tomato juice. Mix all the ingredients nicely. Cut the lemon into 6 wedges. Pour the tomato juice into a glass. Now add vodka and put one oyster in a glass. Garnish with a lemon wedge. You can use ice cubes if you prefer cold drinks.

As you may now garlic is extremely healthy and contains substances that can lower your cortisol level. You can make these garlic croutons. It is very simple. You will need: 4 tablespoons of butter, 1 clove of garlic (minced) and 3 slices of French bread cut into the cubes. First, preheat your oven to 180 degrees. In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic. Now cook and stir for 1 minute. Add bread cubes, and toss to coat. Spread on a baking sheet. Now bake that for about 13 minutes until it is crispy and dry. Be very careful while you are baking to prevent burning.