Cannabis-based medicine, called Sativex, was made in the UK to help people who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, and in the first preliminary trail, the drug showed benefits. After the treatments, the drug showed to act as a painkiller and it also had benefits on slowing down the disease’s progress.
Around 60 patients were involved in a trial. The first group of patients was given Sativex daily by fixed delivery oromucosal spray and the second group received placebo. During the trial, scientists were measuring assessment of pain on movement, pain at rest, morning stiffness and sleep quality by a numerical scale. The drug showed benefits on all areas being assessed.
All of the side effects were mild to moderate like mild dizziness, light-headedness, and dry mouth but there were no severe adverse reactions.
Although this was a preliminary study and the improvements made while on Sativex were small and variable, authors of the trial find that the benefits have clinical importance and that more research needs to be done.

Hi, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. Since my diagnosis, I have been using Cannabis & it's properties have help with joint pain & inflammation! Is is now apart of my treatment & use it when it is required. I was using other methods for pain relief such as opiates, these didn't help with pain. I do believe very strongly that Cannabis has it's place for the treatment of disease.

The Australian government should get their act together & allow CBM "cannabis based medicine. For people like myself & many others that suffer from this crippling disease should have the right to these beneficial medicines.

It shouldn't be up to the government to dictate what is wright or wrong for the relief of pain.
RA is incurable & a lifetime of pain. It should be up to the patient what is more suitable for quality of life!
I have taken so many prescription drugs for RA with many different side effects.

I would love to here about someone else that might have a similar story.

PERTH WA