Hi, I had breast implant surgery a year ago. Recently, I heard of high capsular contracture incidence. How can this be avoided?

Hi, the highest risk of having capsular contracture is in first seven months after breast implants are inserted. Any strange object that is placed into body can induce forming of the lining around it. This is the body's natural response. Capsule is made of fibrous tissue. If the pocket remains open, the implant will look and feel natural, but if the capsule tightens, the implant will be squeezed. You will feel hard in your breast and the appearance of the breast will be distorted.

Hi i think i may have capsular contracture, although my breast hasnt gone a funny shape or iam not in pain like I have read.. My breast has just swollen up 5 months after my operation and it is slightly hard. Do you think it could be capsular contracture?
Any advice would be great.

lauren