I was just reading the discussion about DIY plastic surgery and wanted to bring something else to your attention: as big buttocks are becoming more sought after, increasing numbers of people who are not qualified medical professionals are offering butt injections, with increasing numbers of unsuspecting and naive patients also willing to undergo these treatments. 

Some of these quacks are using cement — yes, cement — and other very doubtful ingredients that are definitely not safe for use in surgical procedures to achieve larger buttocks. Super glue and oil are other ingredients sometimes used. 

So, please, if you are interested in bigger buttocks, never consider having it done by someone who is not a doctor, and always check that you are working with a reputable clinic!

Health Advisor

Well, if I'm honest with you, what I really wanna know is why would anyone do anything like that??? I guess the problem may be, and I've read about people having botch jobs done, you may hear about someone who does them injections at the hair dresser or some place, and you think, oh that person I know had it done and they look great, so I guess I would be fine with that. But yeah, course you gotta check if the place where you're having it done actually has a license and stuff, and also what kind of ingredients they'll be putting into your body. 

True story. My hair dresser has been messing with diet pills for a long time and this customer of hers introduced her to some kind of parasitic worm treatment that did make her lose weight but left her feeling awful, basically. She had to have medical treatment for that. So yeah, my only tip here is, don't be stupid and go do something just 'cause someone else said that thing worked for them... like Google around to see if it's safe and always, always, check whether the place where you're having something done, whether it's butt injections or even just leg waxing, actually has a license and is allowed to do that stuff to you.

Celebrity

Though I do know that having cement injected into your butt is a bad idea, I actually don't know anything about butt injections in general. What are the legitimate "treatment" options if you would like — I don't know? — a bigger butt, a firmer butt, or whatever it is people are after? What are people actually injected with that is considered safe, and is it really safe? I have specifically heard about people having butt implants tear and open, causing a flow of toxins into the body. Those operations were certainly carried out at plastic surgery clinics but apparently did not turn out to be safe. So that begs the question, what's safe and what isn't?

Celebrity

After looking this up, I have found the following information:

• "Butt injections" are in fact a combination of two treatments: patients first get liposuction and then have their own bodily fat injected into their butt. 
  • This is a safer alternative to buttock implants, which are more likely to lead to scarring, infection, and artificial looks. The recovery period is also shorter, and there is no risk of implants tearing if you do not have any implants. 
  • People who would like a larger butt and who need liposuction are good candidates for this procedure. 

Interesting! I was under the impression that artificial substances were used, but I was apparently wrong.

For those looking at the possibility of butt augmentation, there are actually quite a few different treatments around. Yes, lipo and own-fat injection is definitely one really good option but there are others too. For instance, hydrogel injections. This is illegal in the US, though, and it carries a fair risk of complications. Polymethyl-methacrylate are FDA approved however and you can also have silicone injections as well. It goes without saying that these injections should only ever be performed at a licensed clinic with experienced staff, and also that any clinic that is willing to perform procedures that are illegal is not going to be trustworthy.

Yes this! It may seem like a warning that falls into the Captain Obvious category, but butt injections administered by fraudulent doctors or people who are not doctors at all, with the wrong ingredients, are much more common then you think. This is such a problem that it has been covered by major news outlets including CNN. People have died from these dodgy butt injections, so yes, this is a very important issue that everyone who might be interested in buttock fillers should be more than aware of. You may think it cannot happen to you, but it's all too easy to trust someone who is wearing a white coat and is operating a clinic. These things aren't usually done at home or on the street or anything... The key is to check the ingredients are safe, and to make sure your clinic is a reputable place with a license and impeccable reviews.

I was a competitive athlete as a teen and I'm still very fit and slim... including no boobage and not butt, I'm sorry to say :) :). I admit it. When I see ladies like Kim K I'm a bit envious. I have considered (dreamed about :)) getting some help from modern medicine to achieve more round female shapes! Other than checking reviews for a clinic I would not be sure to know the difference between a good clinic and a bad one though. I have heard that many plastic surgeons routinely offer under the table treatments, so how do you tell the difference between something safe and something unsafe?

You could look into getting a Brazilian Butt Lift. This essentially consists of liposuction and then your own fat is placed back into your buttocks. The Brazilian Butt Lift is a treatment in which you look both slimmer in the waistline and/or the leg area and achieve more rounded female shapes. It is one of the safest butt augmentation procedures around because it uses your own fat.

As for plastic surgery clinics, you can check if they and all their staff are licensed and that they have no legal procedures running against them in order to verify their quality. Of course checking out reviews is also always good.