I have a lump in my eyelid, my friend told me this is called Chalazion, could you tell me something more about it?

The chalazion is a kind of a small bump in the eyelid looking red and being painful and swollen. It is caused by the oil stuck in the gland which builds up and forms a lump in the eyelid. Eventually the gland raptures, and releases the oil into the tissue of the eyelid and causing inflammation. The lump is gradually appearing, from days to weeks. When the lump occurs, you should put warm compresses onto it a few times a days. If this seems to doesn’t help, you should see the ophtalmologist. Also, if you are experiencing fever, headaches, extensive swelling and redness or if both eyes are swollen, you should check it out with your doctor. The treatment of Chalazions also include massaging the swollen area with light movements several times a day as well as warm compresses. You must never pop chalazions!!