I have symptoms like swelling of the eyelid, skin around it was little loose so my doctor has diagnosed that I am having Chalazion cyst in my eyelids. I want to know what acctualy Chalazion cyst is and what is a treatment for it? Thank you

Chalazion is a cyst that forms in the eyelids .It is a result of the blockage in one or more of the meibomian glands. First C. cyst may be red, swollen …but soon become painless. Your eye practitioner may prescribe you a drops or antibiotics, depending on the inflammation. Warm compresses are usually first treatment, helps to unclog the duct and allows pus to drain away. You can also massage the lid from the nose outward to release blocked fluid from the gland.

Hi there,
You have to understand that chalazion cyst is not that rare and many people have this condition. The problem is that this cyst causes you to have a swelling on the eye that is i some cases hard to get rid of. You also need to know that there are few things that you can do. The fact is that you need to keep your eye clean and you could try to apply warm pressure to the eye. Do not try to pop the chalazion because you will only make things worse. Also try to massage the eye and you will most likely have improvement in matter of day or two. I hope this helped a bit.
Best wishes,
Marco

I had never heard of a Chalazion until my left eye began to swell and developed a large bump on my eyelid. The swelling eventually subsided but left the bump. Then my right eyelid swelled and developed the same kind of bump. The pain was so awful, like someone punched me in the eye. I was diagnosed by an Optho as having Chalazions on both eyes. I was given an antibiotic eye drop and told to use hot compresses. The first day, after I used the antibiotic, the Chalazion on my left eye burst and began to bleed. It appears to be healing now. My right eye is still in terrible shape and so much pain. I believe that this was caused by extreme stress as I was using a steriod ointment for severe psoriasis on my foot and the Chalazion developed about five weeks later. This is the most uncomfortable thing I have experienced in a long time. I know I need to get my stress under control. Also, I bought some "cheapie" face wipes and they could have been the culprit that clogged the sweat gland. It is all so confusing and I can not pin down the cause only speculate on it. I feel for all of you who are going through this or have ever experienced it. I pray to God I never get it again. I am going to buy a top quality face wash and use it from now on. I don't care what it costs. God bless you all and I pray the blessing of healing upon you.

Peaches how long did it take for your right bump to heel ?

Peaches, what anribiotic ointment did you use?

I've gotten a chalazion for the second time in my life and in my case it's the most difficult thing to get rid of. A lot of medical sites say a warm compress and cleanzing the effected eye will help the cyst to deminish in a couple of weeks.
However in some cases, like mine the lump doesn't go away for months. It's a good idea to check with your doctor if it lasts for that long or if you have vision changes, such as blurry /spotty vision or general loss of sight.