Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

So I am here to discuss changing from novomix 30 to lantus/novorapid?  Does anyone know anything about these types of insulins?  I am being switched and I wonder what extra benefit will result?

I have been insulin-resistant for quite some time now. I am still too embarrassed to even tell my friends, isn't that terrible?  I kinda know where Paula Deen is coming from when she didn't bring her diabetes out in the open.  It is like you are a failure if you end up with something preventable.  It's such a stigma in our society.  Anyway, has anyone been on lantus or novorapid?  I am a bit nervous about starting something different.  Will I feel more like I am going into a hypo with it?  Or make me feel sick?  I am dreading any side effects that come with it.  I have to take it at night, my doctor says.  I am worried about getting a hypo in my sleep and not waking up :  That is worrisome.  I hope someone out there can reassure me that it is nothing to worry about?

Loading...

Novomix 30, the insulin you had been taking for your diabetes is an insulin preparation that contains 30% soluable, or rapid-acting, insulin aspart.  The other 70% is protamine-crystallized, or intermediate-acting, insulin aspart.  Aspart means that it is insulin that is man-made.  The crystalline part of the protamine is what delays the action of the insulin, making it absorb over a longer period of time.  Because of this, the combination in Novomix 30 allows the diabetic to receive fewer injections during the day. If you are being switched to Lantus and NovoRapid, apparently the doctor believes you benefit from the long acting action of the Lantus and the short acting action of the NovoRapid.  You will take the Lantus before bedtime and it will last you all through the day.  Fifteen minutes before your meals, you will check your blood sugar and take the prescribed dose of NovoRapid that the doctor wants you to take.  This way you are getting constant control throughout the day with Lantus and NovoRapid will address any BG spikes during the day.  I hope this helps your understanding.

 

Reply

Loading...


Yah, I always wondered how insulin worked and why there are so many types out there. I think it has been something else for scientists to come up with these concoctions where they work quickly or all day. It really makes managing diabetes and blood sugar much better. I have been diabetic for many years and so much has changed just in the last 10 years.
Reply

Loading...


I know what you mean. The ways that diabetes need to improve as the percentage of people who are diabetic is increasing at an alarming rate.
Reply

Loading...

Hi .. My mother in law had been diabetis for most of her life.. She has recently been changed from Novomix, taking any where up to 32 units a day. To Lantus insulin. She take 6 units a day and nothing else with it.. She is type 2 .. We dont think this is correct .Have you any advice as to whether or not the novorapid should run alongside it please
Reply

Loading...