New Reply New Topic Followed by 18 people

I am a guy, 15 Y/O and my chest sticks out about 3 inches more than it should. I have talked to doctors and they say it's no big deal. But then I say YES IT IS! My chest hurts like a mother and it is stopping me from playing sports, being as active as most kids my age and having fun. Not to mention it looks like I have boobs from a side view of me... Not so cool to be me... I weigh about 150 and I'm about 5'5". I could use some help with what I should do. I was told by one doctor, which I travelled over 500 miles to see, that it was no big deal and I have a choice of getting surgery on my chest to make the sticking out feature go away, but I would have to wait until I stop growing. Again, I could use some help/information/whatever the hell else you have to give me.

i have the exact same thing and am looking to get rid of it, if you have found anything out could you please let me know?
peace x

Hey Me too man! It sucks i know ppl don't understand how it is. wait till you get older will suck even more. I was going to remove it but, It might be worst. cause they have to flip your chest around. first cut a circle or something. or they will remove bone narrow till its back to normal i guess but if you decide to do that your chest will be very fraggel and like a punch will break your chest so just keep it. But I lost hope already i don't think I will remove it. just live with it

i have the same thing and it pisses me of because from the side it looks like i'm fat but i'm actuall thin. my stomach is flat but my chest is thick so it looks weird. you don't know how bad i want this to go away. it would make my life so much easier.

Guest wrote:

Have you spoken to a doctor--by which I mean a plastic surgeon--how you're doing? Can you talk to them about getting that shaped?

I have it to, its a pain
its looks funny i hate it
i wish it grew normal as you grew :/

I have the same thing the doctors say it is some kind of bone disorder. They give you a brace to put around it that pushes down on it to make it normal If i find out what it is called i will leave a message. But it is better then the ones that other kids have that go in instead of out!!!!!

I also have this problem, but luckily I am a girl and no one can really notice it, because of my breast. It has always bothered me though, and I have always wondered why my chest bone sticks out in the way that it does. Sorry you can't also hide it boys :-(

i know what yall mean mine doesnt hurt but mine just formed out of no where, im six foot 1 and wiegh 160 and it pisses me off cause my chest does that!!!!!
but, i went to my doctor and he said i need to work out
idk why he just said that you have lost muscle behind your chest and if you do chest workouts it wont be as noticible
i just started workin out again cause i dislocated my shoulder in football but that was the time when my chest bone stuck out when i was rehealing
and btw it might help girls on here might not just lettin you know what my doctor said so hope it helps yall

Ok I have the same gthing and everyone says iam di formed or however you spell it but .. I hate it, no one thinks im fat or nothing bu they think its weird and they make ffun of it. I mean I would do anything to fix it idc but like i there is anything to fix it let me know but i thought i was the only one tht had it its sorta just nice to know tht some people are sorta the same as me...

i also have the same thing im like 6 ft weigh 120 lbs and 16 yr old but it doesnt hurt at all and doesnt bother my doctor just told me it wuz cool :/ and i got an x-ray and cat scan but they didnt tell me anything yea real help docs nobody makes fun of me or notices unless my shirts off then they feel it awkwardly XD im just gonna live with it, its cool to b different :-D

I have it too it is pain in the ass. I have to wear a brace for the chest it hurt like hell. I look like I have a boob in the middle of my chest. It looks so bad feel like take a saw and cut it off. Can't go to water parks look abnormal

well i work out my chest like c**p and it still looks the same cuz its below my chest and its weird!i hate it,everytime i go to the beach or smtn i am with my shirt on :-( i cant stand the fact that everyone gets to go to waterparks and beaches and take off there shirt and wrestle while im the only one with ashirt on. :-( i wanna be normal chested

hello guys, im rly happy to see that some ppl have the same thing and think they way i do,i have it aswell but i can bet that i have it bigger than u guys have it but if u see me u will not notice it at all because i rly have large 6pacs and im doin a bodybuilding program atm but im still low on 'weight but still im rly fit i can show some pics and stuff,thats the reason ur doctor said to exercise,beware NOT to break it because if u do u will damage ur stomach and it will cause u health problems ,imagine that ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting** thing going inside of ur body? :? im rly angry i give anything to remove it but ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting** sciense doesnt seem to actually help us atm,there should be some articles about it from doctors and help us if they can find a solution?i mean they found all kind of solutions to fix us and make us better but this ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting** bone in our sternum doesnt seem to have therapy yet i think,i havent checked thats why i came to post here, we should make a chat room and all join it and post anything we can find that it will help us, i can give many tips but its ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting** looks its just ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting**!!!!!!!

guys add me on msn its ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

ill be rly happy to talk with somebody about it and we will both feel better i rly wanna find out about that brace u put around ur chest but how does it help?and everybody EXCERCISE UR ABS ur chest will not hide it,when ppl see me my abs are above the strange bone and they always talk about how nice my abs are but the bone is ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting** guys i cant bare the thought that everybody is normal chested except me and im always careful to hide it