New Reply New Topic Followed by 10 people

This morning after shwoering I had thick clear mucus to come from my vagina. I'll sometimes have small amounts of this from time to time but this morning it was more of a clump of mucus. What could this be? I'm late on my period, which I should have had last week. Could I be pregnant? Any help or answers is much appreciated.

I have the same symptoms sometimes. The funny thing is I dont see it evry month. It ia thick clear gel like discharge.

Cervical mucus changes are monitored for determining when ovulation occurs through the cervical mucus monitoring test. As your cycle progresses, your cervical mucus increases in volume and changes texture. The changes in the mucus that is secreted from the cervix reflect where you are in your cycle. The consistency of your cervical mucus changes during the cycle due to hormonal fluctuations. You are considered most fertile when the mucus becomes clear, slippery, and stretchy. Many women compare mucus at this stage to raw egg whites.

Every once in a while, the brown discharge in cervical mucus can also be attributed to implantation, in which case you are pregnant. After ovulation a mature ovum, ready to be fertilized is released in the uterus. If this ovum encounters a good sperm and gets fertilized, it means the woman has conceived.

It's normal to have a clear and/or white discharge. The vagina is self-cleaning. Since it's coming out of you yellow, you need to see a doctor as you probably have an infection.

Different Types of Discharge:

White: Thick, white discharge is common at the beginning and end of your cycle. Normal white discharge is not accompanied by itching. If itching is present, thick white discharge can indicate a yeast infection.

Clear and stretchy: This is "fertile" mucous and means you are ovulating.

Clear and watery: This occurs at different times of your cycle and can be particularly heavy after exercising.

Yellow or Green: May indicate an infection, especially if thick or clumpy like cottage cheese or has a foul odor.

Brown: May happen right after periods, and is just "cleaning out" your vagina. Old blood looks brown.

Spotting Blood/Brown Discharge: This may occur when you are ovulating/mid-cycle. Sometimes early in pregnancy you may have spotting or a brownish discharge at the time your period would normally come. If you have spotting at the time of your normal period rather than your usual amount of flow, and you have had sex without using birth control, you should check a pregnancy test.

Different types of infections:

Signs of yeast infections:
White, cottage cheese-like discharge
Swelling and pain around the vulva
Intense itching

Signs of bacterial vaginosis:
A white, gray or yellowish vaginal discharge
A fishy odor that is strongest after sex or after washing with soap
Itching or burning
Slight redness and swelling of the vagina or vulva

Signs of trichomoniasis
A watery, yellowish or greenish bubbly discharge
An unpleasant odor
Pain and itching when urinating
Most apparent after your period

I've read all of the feeds on the clear/white vaginal mucus discharge. This has been happening to me, but I do not have periods (I am on the pill constantly because of endometriosis). What does the mucus mean if you are not having cycles?

When you're on the pill it just happens due to hormonal changes. On the pill your body is convinced it is pregnant so the discharge becomes thicker to protect the vagina from infection

For the past 6 months, I've been dealing with a thick, whitish goo coming out of my vagina almost consistently--not partial to arousal or the time of the month. It's so thick that it soaks my underwear and drips out when I go to the bathroom. There is so much that it irritates the mouth of my vagina and makes it itch. Often times, it hurts waaay at the end by my cervix during sex. Until 6 or 7 months ago, this would never happen and I have been sexually active for about 6 years now. I am in my early 20s, and starting to get nervous. I have had a yeast infection before, and I know this is not such an infection. I have gone to the doctor several times, once overseas and twice here in the states to check on various possibilities, and have since concluded what I do NOT have: My PH is normal, my cervix looks normal, it's not HIV, Chlamydia, Gonhorrea, yeast, or a (typical, at least) vaginosis. I don't think it's trych because the goo is thick and cloudy white, and not bubbly at all. The doctors are saying that they can't see what it could be, but I know my body and I know something's off. It doesn't smell BAD, but it doesn't really smell like me...I've been reading some of the other people's notes on here and other sites and the people who are experiencing the same thing haven't seemed to find any answers. PLEASE HELP!

so i dont really have to much of a discharge ever but i have irregular siths in my ovary and they have been hurtting really bad lately and ive been having this clear very thick very sticky discharge, and before having it, for like a week i would have to go pee and not be able to hold it basically

i get white sticky secretions during the mid of my cycle,which from the posts i understood as normal, but my vulva feel very itchy and little numb at the end of my period
is it normal?

I have been experiencing a thick, somewhat translucent "gel" like mucus, which makes me feel "wet" and when I wipe...its quite a lot. I have had STD testing which is negative or within normal limits. I can not figure out what it is since there is no associated pain, smell, itching or anything else.

28 Day(s) of Cycle:

Cervical Mucus Characteristics:

Days 1-5

Bleeding (normal period)

Days 6-8

Dry days (no CM)

Days 9 & 10

Cloudy, thick and little or no stretchability.

Day 11

Not as cloudy, thinner and more stretchability, but it still globs.

Day 12

Clearer, wetter and stretches more than previous day.

Day 13

Clear, slippery and has the consistency of a raw egg white. Stretches a lot before clinging to one finger.

Day 14

Still clear and slippery and very stretchable.

Day 15

How Long will I Ovulate?

As you can see, the CM changes back to cloudy after ovulation has occurred. Some women may ovulate one to two days (CM very clear, slippery and stretchable). Other women may only ovulate a few hours in one day. These women may have problems conceiving due to the short amount of ovulation time. The CM in a woman that only ovulates a couple of hours may be clear, slippery and very stretchable in the morning or night and then change to cloudy a couple of hours later. If you are experiencing CM that only lasts a couple of hours, you may be able to conceive if you have intercourse during the "peak" hours of your ovulation phase.

Hope this helps

I have had this thick mucus coming out of my vagnail area since before I was sexual active. I think it started when ever I frist started my period. Ever since it has always happened right before or after I have my period. I dont think it is an std cause it started before I was ever sextually active. What could this be??

I don't have my period and brown liquid is coming out of my vagina. Also, I have a lot of stomach pain. HELP!

i'm scared i'm 15 yrs old and i have a brown discharge coming from my vigina now for almost a month its on i=and off. I'm on birth contriol and sexually active but not often could anyone tell me what this could be?

I too have endometriosis and have this weird mucus discharge. Usually when i get it is when I'm hurting the most. Its like a huge gloob of it too. Sometimes it will suddenly drop and will completely soak my panties. Its very weird and I'm starting to think it isnt ovulation but the endometriosis.