I'm scheduled for a closed bloodless hemorrhoidectomy. The doctor who is performing it has patented the method:

The method comprises sequentially the steps of 1) Isolating a hemorrhoidal mass from a patient with a curved forceps applied at the perianal skin outside the mucocutaneous junction, and eversion of the internal and external hemorrhoidal mass. 2) Application of another curved forceps at the base of the internal hemorrhoid, and suturing under the forceps with 20 catgut (securing hemostasis), then amputation of the internal hemorrhoid with a knife. 3) Leaving the first forceps in place, application of the second forceps at the base of the external hemorrhoid, suturing as above, amputation of the external hemorrhoid, and removal of the forceps. 4) This procedure is repeated for the remaining hemorrhoids.

Has anyone undergone such a procedure? What was it like?

Thanks.

It is ridiculous to think someone could have patented this.  It involves no special devices, and doesn't differ much from a standard hemorrhoidectomy.  Did he invent the internet too?

Actually, it is patented. The US patent number is 6,688,312. A 3 second google search of closed bloodless hemorrhoidectomy brings up the patent as one of the first search results.
It differs from standard hemmorhoidectomy in that it is bloodless and thus no electrocautery is needed. It also does not require general anesthesia (only local) and can be done in a clinic setting. The patient walks in and walks out usually within an hour and the only complications are post operative pain.
Also a surgical device designed specifically for this procedure is being developed currently.

Source: I work with this doctor and have personally assisted on many CBH

Well, I don't know if this works. But I can tell you that THD does NOT. Rubberband ligation did not work for me either.