Hello, I ha a big problem with cocaine and was doing it nearly every day for a year. I have completely stopped now and not touched it in over 5 weeks. However I still get slight chest apins and breathing problems. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to relieve the pain?
Thank you

I have the same prob only if i smoke tanything i get winded and i notice if i loive healthy i feel healthy so stop smoking and if you dont then maybe its because your heart is still weak and you should excersie a few times a week. good luick

hello yes I have similar symptoms such as pain in my chest and heart after I made a few bad decisions. I took acid during the day and was blowing coke during the night. My heartrate skyrocketed and I went to the hospital where they gave me sedatives. That was four months ago and I'm still feeling chest pain. Any Suggestions comments, I would greatly appreciate them, Thanks a lot.

Every day for a year huh? Wow. I've been off cocaine for almost three years now and my pain has trickled down to a couple of palpitaions a day. But I had chest pains and panic attacks for about a year and a half after one episode where I took too much. They get better though. You just gotta keep telling yourself that you're okay. I even had an echocardiogram and stress test done and the cardiologist said there was nothing wrong with my heart. If you're still worried, forums are'nt going to answer your question. You'll have to see a doctor. If you don't have insurance, just go to the emergnecy room. They have to see you and treat you and all hospitals have programs for the uninsured. I'm uninsured too so try to trust me here. But I wrote in another forum, if you used a razor blade, did you ever realize after only a couple days, the blade would be almost completely rusted over? And yet, we're still willing to snort it all up like nothing. Good job getting off that stuff, both of you. It's really really hard. I think one of the hardest things for me still is hearing songs that I used to listen to when I was all coked up and thinking I was happy. I don't know if that ever goes away but life really is way better without it.

And I forgot to mention...when I was having a lot of pain, I discovered that sips of really cold water seemed to make me feel a little better. It relieved what felt like heat and compression on my chest for some reason. I called it "magic water," kinda silly but it worked. Whenever I felt like my chest was gonna explode or I was gonna have a panic attack, I'd drink ice water. Of course, it doesn't make everything better but it alleviates the irritation of it if only for a minute or two and without more painkillers. Hope it works for you too.

wow - i've just been going through this myself over the last two days. i used coke last on saturday night and a bunch of nights before that, and i started having an intense pain in my heart, that was also spreading out to my left arm. it was terrifying - i thought i might be on my way to a heart attack. i am a 32 year old, otherwise healthy woman. i went to the ER, where they did an EKG and they found a sinus arrythmia, which scared the sh*t of me even more. i couldn't believe that i had maybe actually done something to damage my heart - i was pertrified. they brought me in to see the ER doc and they did a chest x-ray and another EKG and a bunch of blood tests to see if there were any enzymes present that indicated that i had heart damage. there was nothing. the next day (today) i went to a follow up visit with a cardiologist, who gave me a stress test on a tread mill, and the outcome was normal. they are telling me that it is stress and anxiety - which i never would have believed in as a diagnosis before, but after feeling this, i might be shifting my thinking about that. the one thing that IS absolutely changing though, is that, I am never ever ever touching that sh*t again. i had the scare of my life the last two days, thinking i had damaged by heart, and apparently, i haven't, but if i continue down that path, i will. as i write this, my left arm and heart still has pain in it (why else would i be randomly googling "heart pain cocaine"?) but the doctors say i'm ok, but deep down, i know i messed myself up a little bit - and thank god it's not more than that. i hate this drug - it's enticing - and most of the time, there are no ill effects, but my little brush with reality these last two days will keep me away from it for good. i never want to feel that fear again. peace....katie

I am 19 years old and was a heavy cocaine user up until 3 months ago when I collapsed after a night of heavy cocaine use. I didnt go to the doctor until about 3 days after when I was experiencing chest pain and a numbness in my left arm. I was freaking out thinking I had had a heart attack and messed up my heart. I had EKG an blood test done I had low levels of potassium but everything else was normal. I left the doctor but the chest pain continued I went to the cardiologist and the did am echo test and a stress test and everything was normal. I then went on to have a cat scan done of my chest and everything still seems to be normal. After reading this I'm happy to see that other people experience this problem. Cold water helps me too and I take Advil as well it helps me.

I am 40 years old and a very occasional/recreational user (once a year), but I had a gram of coke recently and did some roughly each day for the last week. Finally on Sunday afternoon, I did 2 more lines and the second one gave me the same symptoms others here have complained about. I felt really lightheaded and my chest has tightness and pressure, but that pain also moved around my chest to both sides, below my rib cage and even my back. I had shortness of breath as well. I even felt like I might faint a couple times due to being so lightheaded. That occurred Monday and Tuesday as well, so finally Tuesday night I wen to the ER. They performed the same test as everyone else: EKG, blood, and monitored my heart. They gave me nitroglycerin, which seemed to help a little at the time, but could have been a placebo effect. All test checked out fine, so I left. I still have the shortness of breath and pressure in my chest. I'm thinking of going to see a cardiologist to do the stress test and all, but my feeling is it'll come back fine like everyone else. Better to check and rule it out though I guess. My thinking is the coke caused muscles to spasm, potentially pushing on an artery (causing it to spasm) and this is causing these symptoms. This obviously can have a profound effect and is no fun. It obviously can also lead to potential other problems such as heart attack and for us that have experienced this, i believe we'd be much more prone to having a heart attack if we continued to use. Every body is different and unfortunately ours doesn't like the powder so much. I for one am done with blow. As much as I like the euphoria, this was such a nightmare, it's just not worth it anymore. Life is too fragile and I would tell others the same. Good luck to all and be safe.

Hi I was a crazy cocaine user for may years from age 32-37 on the party circuit in London sometimes for four days and nights at a time. We would do everything that was going from E to MDMA Caps to coke and mix it all with alcohol. Fortunately I have always been pretty fit and healthy but I also had a couple of scares at parties where I had to go and disappear and lie down for a few hours.

I eventually had heart issues and the pain down my left arm a few times went to hospital a few times for ECG's I knew I had to jack this in so I dumped all my old friends and got my life back together. It was the best thing I did!!!!

I still worry about any damage I may have done however I have stress tested my heart on my bike and running many times for miles and it seems fine although I get strange twinges and it feels different but I read that the left ventricle can enlarge in heavy cocaine users which can take a longer time to return to normal although I might go for a full check up for the peace of mind!!

People please try to stay away from Coke and from the party people that appear o have a great time using it also bear in mind that the wraps today have an average of about 5% coke in them and 95% whatever else... please stay away!!!

hello am 29 and hve olso stopped for 5 weeks after thinking a was haveing a heart attack had all the tests and everything came back normal still hve the same symptoms as u hopefully we will be ok after readin this alot of peolpe hve the same issues

Thanks for writing this post, Katie. As I write, I have pain in my left arm and in my heart (I feel as though I am going to squish my heart if I lay on it incorrectly). I am 27 years old and have had my fair share of stimulants (illegal and prescribed). I had an EKG and and echocardiogram (sp?) done a couple months ago and everything was okay. Last night was very scary for me- I thought I was going to die from a heart attack (BP was 164/116), but didn't want to go to the hospital because I'm trying to get out of major medical debt. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for this post because I think it's beginning to calm me down a bit, which I really needed! It's sad that we take our bodies for granted and don't realize it until times like these. I'm hoping I never forget this feeling and abuse my body again.

the feeling that u guys are feeling is it a burning sensation in left side and feels like your body is burning up inside, cuz that's how ive been feeling after a did this stupid drug, its been a week and im still feeling this,went to the hospital they said everything was fine, but still scared thinking that something is going to happen to me..

I am a very heavy user in fact i use rigs... i have tried so hard to stop but cant. the whole family hates me for it but its an addiction the otber night i shot bout 7 gs in 4 hours. when I would slow down and stop doing it for about 20 minutes my heart would feel like it's going to jump out of my chest it scared me because I thought I was going to OD but you said you came back from it and didn't even go to the hospital for 3 days so that makes me seem like I should be fine.

I just want to state that I had a similar experience with a high grade of the booger sugar. I was actually headed home (out in the country) and all of a sudden I could absolutely not move my fingers or toes. Breathing was difficult and my heart was racing. I thought for sure I was going to od and/or die. I took very slow and deep breaths in order to relax my heart as much as possible. I pulled off to the side of the road and counted to 10 to collect myself. Honestly, this episode lasted nearly 2 full hours. Helpless and hopeless, I waited doing whatever I could to remain calm. Was absolutely horrifying, but cocaine is a hell of a drug. Don't use with alcohol. Weed slows your heart rate. It may have saved my life to have a bowl beforehand. Just don't do more and run the risk of getting in too deep. I had never experienced this before on any kind of level. Watch out for the pure(r) stuff. Eventually your heart will beat irregularly or give up on you alltogether. I'm young and healthy and it was only my 4-5th time doing it, but I don't think I can come up with the words needed to describe what it's like to have to elbow steer your car to the side of the road and helplessly try and catch your breath (for 2 excruciating hours) while your heart cannot even get blood/oxygen to your hands and feet. I had maybe a half gram via the nose over a 3 hour timeframe. This isn't even very much! Be careful, be safe, live to die another day.

How are you feeling now?