I used to do cocaine occassionaly; probably once every few months for maybe up to two nights in a row. The last time I did cocaine, I went overboard. Did probably 2.5 grams in an hour or less. I was feeling good up until everything slowed down and I felt this intense and sharp pain in the upper left part of my chest. It was definitely my heart. I thought I was having a heart attack and wanted to go to the ER that night. I was pacing back and forth that night thinking I was going to die. Finally my mom and friend helped me thru that ordeal and I was able to fall asleep.

Now, over 3 months later, I still feel pain in my heart occasionally. I've been to the ER three times already, and the ECG had normal readings each time and X-rays showed nothing out of the ordinary. I am not sure why my heart hurts sometimes but it is extremely frightening. It's obvious that some permanent damage may have been done but I am hoping it is temporary. I can hardly drink one cup of somewhat strong coffee otherwise the heart pain comes back. Guess I have to stay away from stimulants for a while.

Just wanted to share and I hope everyone can learn from our mistakes, it's not worth it trading one fun night for potentially a lifetimeof pain and suffering.

I have exactly the same f*****g problem. I used cocaine pretty heavily for two months. There was one night in particular where I used an excessive amount and ended up in hospital. I was given a week's supply of Valium, which completely fixed all of my problems #heaven. Actually the next weekend I was crushing it and snorting it with my coke - you know, to balance myself out. I'm 26 and I've been off cocaine for 6+ weeks now. I've been to hospital four times and had the ECG, X-rays and blood tests done everytime with no result. Right now, I'm lying in bed with the same recurring symptoms - increased pulse, shortness of breath, pain in my chest and back, weakness and numbness in my left arm and the left hand side of my jaw. I feel like i'm have a heart attack. I'm so sick of going to hospital. Does this ever go away or do people just die and they're not able to blog about the problem anymore? I'll let you know once my problem has gone...otherwise, i'm dead

...sooo I've just been seen by the cardiologist and had my stress test. Apparently my heart looks fine. The doctor seems to think I am having oesophageal spasms. I've been given some over the counter 20mg pantoprazol. Hopefully this solves my problem. I'll keep you up to date

I'm glad the doctor was able to diagnose something. My Cardiologist said my heart was just fine. My main doctor thinks it's a stomach ulcer or acid reflux. I'll mention the esophageal spasms as I've had similar side effects. You said you were doing coke just a week after having a heart related episode? Are you crazy? Dude, stay away from that sh*t. There are people in their teens that suffer heart attacks from doing so much. There are studies that show cocaine does damage to the heart over time and most users are unaware because they don't have any symptoms. It's not worth it at all, in my eyes, to shorten your lifespan, period. Thanks for updating man and keep us posted. And please stay away from that sh** forever. I hope we can all stay away and recover.

Soooooo
I went to the doctor and had a thousand and one exams relating to my heart and lungs. The doctor seems to think it's just some muscle pain and anxiety. I've never felt so relieved to be anxious.

My story - 28 year old male, been using coke for at least 8 years, not to heavy but regularly once per week.  Began taking a hair loss medicine called propecia and then the problems started.  I have since stopped taking propecia, but foolishly I continue to use coke although less often (fortnightly).

I find I am ok when taking it, but for several days after I experience a dull pain around the heart/left of chest area. Also when I wake from sleeping my heart feels like it's fluttering.

I know I need to stop, and all the symptons will disappear, it's just so difficult especially as I live in Liverpool where every man and his dog takes it.

I haven't been the doctor, and I certainly wouldn't put it down to anxiety, I believe its my body giving me a warning that enough is enough.  I have began taking some steps to reversing the damage such as leading a healthier life style, quitting smoking/taking up vaping (nicotine free).

Hi all,
I'm just wondering if anyone had any updates.
My boyfriend is an extremely fit 27 year old who has been a stimulant user for 7 years pretty regularly.
Over the last year he has noticed the exact same symptoms as above.
Heart pain both a dull ache and then sharp bursts, short of breath, left arm pain and tingling- you name it.
He was under the impression all these would go away once he stopped taking drugs altogether but had an episode that put him in the hospital before that could happen where he collapsed on me in the kitchen and told me his arm was tingling and being a nursing student was convinced it was a heart attack or stroke. He said he felt like he was dying.... Every test-drive EKG, Echo, xrays, stress test... All came back clear. After being referred to a cardiologist, he mentioned it may be an ulcer... Which I doubted. Told him to slow down on drugs and come and see him in a month.
He has stopped and still has this dull ache and then random almost complete muscle spasms and sharp bursts of pain for anywhere between an hour to the whole night....
Last night I stayed up researching to try and find an answer and came across costochondritis...
Text book symptoms, textbook tests coming back clear, textbook everything... Just wondering if anyone else has read about it??
It's hard to diagnose but it's not even your heart! It's the inflammation of the ribcage joints. My boyfriend is convinced this is now what he has and it makes alot more sense... Hoping I could maybe take the stress out of anyone thinking they have a stomach ulcer or really bad anxiety or heart disease...

I am literally going through this exact pain. It spreads from my left side of my chest and into my armpit :/ I've suffered with anxiety for years now and did cocaine like yesterday and got this sharp pain which hasn't gone yet at all.. been worrying myself and working myself up into a right state, had like 3 panic attacks this morning over it. I'm glad I read this thread. I will never be touching that c**p ever again.

Is your problem gone yet? Because I'm having the same issues.

Hey guys,

I'm in the same both with you. Although I'm jogging and firnes every day.. once I felt the symptoms I thought I'm going to die...

I'm 30 yearso old fit and sporting guy and was only a social user - 1 2 times a week maximum, to once per 2 months for a year.

I red about a study that your heart small blood vessels are getting much wider after regular cocain use and this is not detectable problem in normal tests. This affects the work of your heart.

I've stopped before 2 months. I'm sporting every day, sometimeso 2 times. Stopped smoking and drinking carefully on occasionsale. With this super healthy life It gets better, but sometimes I still have this bothering pain in the nights. Although I'm recording when was the last time and trie to overcome this as much as possible.

My ECG and echo was fine as well. This can't detect your damage from cocaine.

I'll give you recipe to overcome this:

(0. Go make heart tests if you haven't.)

1. Never ever use again if you want to be alive and have normal live.

2.Try to live as healthy as possible. In the recovery period don't smoke and DO NOT EAT AT LEAST 6 HOURS BEFORE BED!

3. Exercise every day. If you are new start carefully. Best sports for your heart are swimming, jogging and some body weight fitness.

4. Eat mainly fruits. Lemons is a must for your recovery! Honey helps. Try to lose a few killos/pounds.

5. BE STRONG AND BELIEVE YOU CAN OVERCOME IT WITH PURE LIFE, SPORT AND POSITIVE AND CALM EMOTIONS! This is very important.

6. If you want to live a happy life and feel good after the recovery, better keep the habits above. Period!

Be strong and do your best guys. Healthy life and sport. Never use shots again! Goodluck to everyone.

OMG... I recently did the whole coke OD with weed... ND I feel the same way you are.. thank god for you. You saved me a trip and a hospital bill. Do you know how I can take the pain away?

Any suggestions for anxiety and also for pain in the chest two commonly treat them

I am doing cocaine for last 5 years, now i am trying to come down from a session take last 2 days almost, i have pain chest and panic attacks when i fall to sleep. Please pray for me to get rid of this addiction. I will do the same for you!

Hello, i did a few g's of coke over about 2months and one night started having pains in my chest. I went to the doctors 2 days after and had EKG, Echo and blood tests done and they all came back pretty much perfect.

This was about 3 months ago and I am still getting a dull, squeeze like feeling in my chest/heart from time to time. I actually went back to the doctors today for an unrelated issue but told him I was still facing these problems and he gave me an oral spray for 'Angina'.- I'm not actually diagnosed with angina, he just wanted to see if it helps.

Has anyone here been diagnosed with Angina because of coke from there doctor? And can anyone state whether the pains will go or do I have to live with them.

I know to never go near that sh*t again though

Hey bro, any updates?