Users comments and reviews on article Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Best non-med treatment for anxiety and stress problems by JR1

I have done the whole ant-depressant thing for awhile and I swear they have ruined my life. Starting out on an anti-anxierty/Anit-depressant (Paxil) then sleeping pills from the insomnia the paxil caused, then Tranquelizers because the sleeping pills weren't working. All of which have caused some annoying awful side affect. Once I found out I was pregnant, that was enough for me to just quit the drugs altogether. But now I am suffering from almost severe depression because I didn't not wean myself of the medications. I am seeing a nautrpathic doctor to have her help me but in the mean time anxiety and stress is ruling my life right now.
I am going to go to Borders tomorrow to look for that book.

I recommend this to people all the time because I think that CBT is very helpful for lasting life-long impacts for someone's anxiety and issues. I think that it's much better than therapy or antidepressants, although I know that it works differently depending on who you are, so I am glad to hear that you're talking about this. Thanks for posting this, and talking about your own experience. I think people definitely benefit from hearing stories like this to know that they're not alone.

Celebrity
healthnfitnessguy wrote:

You're welcome and thank you for adding your great input here also. Slowly I think more people are becoming aware of the value that CBT can add to their lives :D

Celebrity
I'm sorry to hear of all your struggles. I was stuck in the medicine conundrum myself so I feel for you. I hope you can achieve the results you desire with CBT also.

JR1 wrote:

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

I think it's all just a matter of people knowing about it! I mean, it's been shown to have a very high success rate so long as people actually practice it. Thanks again though because this really is helpful for people! So long as people can learn about it, then people can actually do it.

Thanks for the encouraging post! I am going to give it a try and hopefully will have success too.

Celebrity
Guest wrote:

You're welcome. I hope you are having success and feel free to message me if I can be of any help :D

Guest wrote:

Hey if you are still around, can you tell us if you had any success? I'd like to hear an update if you're still here. Thanks!

Celebrity
I'd be interested in hearing how it worked for you too. Also I would be happy to try and answer any questions if i can for you :-)

Wow thank you so much for that JR1, that was sooo very helpful, I am always looking for a better way to cope with anxiety and you gave me the answer, I will defenately look for that book, keep up th good work and all the best to you.

joost wrote:

I'm glad to hear that the book is working out for you. Can you tell me if you have an update on how you're doing now? I would like to hear how you are doing. Thanks!

Celebrity
joost wrote:

Thank you joost! I am glad it hit a chord with you and hope you are having similar success with it. CBT may not be the easiest way to find relief, but I believe it gives the most complete and lasting relief if you make it a part of your life. I already did my TEA forms today and I continue to feel better :D

Awesome article thanks! I am going to get this book today and give the TEA forms a try. Thanks so much and I hope they help me as much as they helped you.

Celebrity
Guest wrote:

You're welcome and I hope so too! Do them everyday and I think you will see results :D Let me know if you have any questions and have a great new year!