I would like to know what the history of complementary medicine is. I came to conclusion that complementary medicine practitioners are predominantly sought after to treat chronic conditions, prevent future illness, or maintain health and vitality. I think that this is a very good alternative for our health.

Alternative/complementary medicine has been provided by practitioners outside the mainstream of conventional medicine in response to steady public demand. These practitioners employ a variety of therapeutic techniques that are not incorporated in the official, certified practice of medicine. Thus are not parts of the medical curriculum. Complementary medicine emphasizes self-healing as the main approach for enhancing wellness and treating disease. Practitioners from all the major alternative medicine systems have approached illness first by trying to support the patient's self-healing processes. When is successful, this approach may decrease the need for high cost interventions. I don’t know much about history but I think that use rose during the 1990s. This orientation toward self-healing and health promotion makes alternative medicine especially attractive.