So, I went to see my urologist last month and he noticed that my foreskin became tighter. It has always been tight, since I was born, and I'm incapable of retracting it when erect. Whlist flaccid, I don't have any problem. But he said that, sooner or later, I won't even be able to do it at all.

I'm not afraid of the operation. In fact, I think it will be for the best.

What I want to ask is about the outcome of getting my foreskin removed. Until now, with my glans covered, sexual stimulation is practically null, whether vaginal or oral. My penis feels and looks almost like a finger, actually, and I'm not kidding. I was wondering if getting circumcised will indeed improve my sexual life.

Here are some issues regarding my penis that haunted me since forever:

I'm generally scared of intimacy, because I'm so self-conscious about my penis: it looks kind of weird, strange, different from the other's, with that extra piece of skin. That makes me feel so very anxious, which commonly keeps me from having a full hard erection. (That's also where most of my performance anxiety in bed comes from).

Maybe getting rid of my foreskin will not only boost my confidence and self-esteem, but also help me to achieve faster, easier and harder erections: besides the psychological factors, there are plenty of nerve terminals in the penis' head, which remain inevitably unstimulated during sex due to the interference of the foreskin. Having the glans totally exposed, I guess, will make arousal not only possible but also more enjoyable. Correct me if I'm wrong.

People, I'll appreciate so much your input on this matter. It's so important to me to finally have a full and rich sexual life, just like it is for everyone else. In short: will circumcision boost my self-esteem and self-confidence (since I won't feel "deformed" anymore when naked), and will it contribute to feel more stimulation and, therefore, better erections?

Thank you in advance and may you have a wonderful and happy New Year :)

Health Guru
hi, just because your penis looks different to others you have seen doesn't make it deformed, all are slightly different even circumcised ones, some guys have long foreskins are long and cover the head even when fully erect and some are short that pull back when erect. Have you ever tried to stretch yours over penis when your erect? As for being circumcised you should think long and hard about it if you can because once its an don't there is no going back. In my opinion I wouldn't get one, at first your penis head will be very sensitive but over time that sensation will go as the skin thickens up. I would try stretching exercises first then if that doesn't work go and have a circumcision.

There are a lot of ways to make a foreskin retractable that do not involve circumcision.

Adult circumcision is an elective surgical operation to injure the penis and reduce its size and sensation by cutting off the nerve-laden sexually sensitive foreskin. Adult circumcision is usually performed with a general anesthetic however local anesthetic may be used. Like all surgical operations, it has risks of hemorrhage, infection, and surgical mishap. Loss of the penis has been known to occur. Death has been known to occur.

The cost is about $2,500. Circumcision may be carried out under local or general anaesthesia.

The foreskin is a complex double-layered structure composed of smooth muscle fiber, skin, mucosa, nerves, arteries, and veins. It is natural, normal, healthy, and its possession contributes to a sense of well-being. The foreskin has protective, sensory, sexual, and immunological functions. It is loaded with nerves and is the site of most of the penile sensation. The foreskin is a “specific erogenous zone.” The foreskin is essential for normal intercourse. Foreskin provides the additional skin needed to allow for penile expansion during erection. Amputation of the foreskin, which is an integral and important part of the penis has very significant adverse sexual and emotional effects.
Nature put the foreskin there to provide at least fourteen functions:

1. to cover and bond with the synechia so as to permit the development of the mucosal surface of the glans and inner foreskin.
2. to protect the infant's glans from feces and ammonia in diapers.
3. To protect against disease causing pathogens.
4. to protect the glans penis from friction and abrasion throughout life.
5. to keep the glans moisturized and soft with emollient oils.
6. to lubricate the glans.
7. to coat the glans with a waxy protective substance.
8. to provide sufficient skin to cover an erection by unfolding.
9. to provide an aid to masturbation and foreplay.
10. to serve as an aid to penetration.
11. to reduce friction and chafing during intercourse.
12. to serve as erogenous tissue because of its rich supply of erogenous receptors.
13. to contact and stimulate the G-spot of the female partner.
14. to produce pheromones to excite the female sexual partner.

It is normal to keep the foreskin forward over the head for protection.
Circumcision is an injurious, damaging, destructive, and harmful surgical operation that cuts through nerves and blood vessels that feed blood to the penis. The operation is irreversible. You will have the rest of your life to mourn your loss of your erogenous foreskin.
The foreskin is filled with nerves that make it the most sensitive part of the human body, therefore, cutting into it is very painful.
It takes about six weeks to recover from an adult circumcision. One should avoid getting erections. Oral ketoconazole may help to prevent postoperative erections.

One will never fully regain the lost protection, sexual function, sensation, and sexual pleasure, even if one restores the foreskin.

If you should become interested in restoring your foreskin, a search on the Internet for “foreskin restoration."

sometimes I think that is very hard for a male to talk about this. I am circumcised as well. talking to someone about male circumcision was causing me headaches always. when I told this to my new girl back then, she was terrified. She looked at me like I have some abnormality, and even if I had one abnormality, that is not a reason for that look. I have tried to explain to her that this is OK (I don't remember why I even tried to do that because she was looking at me like I am disgusting). After her, I have learned to live my life and to talk about this normally because this is normal. My message to you is that you should never be ashamed of who you are.