New Reply New Topic Followed by 24 people

This has been going on for a very long time.
I belch constantly, even upon arising in the morning. My heart skips constantly to coincide with the belching. If the belching stops, my heart stops the skipping mania. I was diagnosed with PVCs many years ago, but this is ridiculous. When my heart skips, I now also have blood pounding in my ears. Every night when I lay down to sleep, the blood also pounds in my ears.
I was in fits around noon today and drove over to the Instant Care Center. While waiting, my heart stopped its skipping and the belching stopped. Nothing showed up as abnormal on my EKG and they took 3 vials of blood, said everything was within normal limits and also checked for what the doctor called "heart damage." I came back home with a piece of paper that said to stop caffeine. And upon my return, the belching and skipping commenced again with ferocity.
My GP has talked about the "vagus" nerve (unsure about spelling). I am still skipping and belching as I write this. It's not food related or I wouldn't wake up with it. Whether my stomach is seriously empty or seriously full doesn't seem to make a bit of difference.
Any clues? This is driving me insane. Why did it STOP COMPLETELY for 2 hours today and then start up again when I got home? Don't tell me it's stress because this comes and goes, yesterday I had no incidents until 3 a.m. rolled around... I wish I knew because it's driving me insane, I belch on nothing and if I eat anything, I can taste it, even if it's a banana or a piece of bread... tried Gas X, Rolaids, librax, milk, pepto bismol, pepcid, nothing helps.

Hi..I am not sure of the problem but I have a lot of the same things you have. I always have belching, or passing gas with an irregular heart beat. Its like as soon as the gas leaves my body my heart is more calm! If you find an answer please post it.

The same thing happens to me. I get tired of it, and go to the doctor but I am fine while at the doctor, and then it starts up again at home! That part almost seems psychological. I don't know if I have PVCs or not, probably do, from my own diagnoses. Doctors just keep saying it is stress casued, which I agree with. Stress has a lag time, so if I am stressed for a week I may not get the irregular heart rate until many days later. But much of the time there is body gas involved it seems.

I had this so badly that I lost 100 pounds in a few months and got so sick I could hardly function at all. It was diagnosed after I had improved as gallbladder. Low fat diet, acupuncture was what helped me as well as medications- zantac for acid, and mild sedative which helped belching.

I have had the same things with my stomach and heart. Here is the real reason.
1: excess gas is caused by bad bacteria in the intestines.
2: When to bad bacteria gets out of control ( do to many reason )
the bacteria attacks the heat's sack. your heart has a bag around it.
your body protects your organs first so when this happens your defense system is low ( lack of sleep, poor diet, to much alcohol, antibiotics ..yes antibiotics! While they kill the bad germ ...they also kill the good germs.
3: When you heart's sack is irritated it causes extra thumps. and the bacteria causes mega gas in the stomach.

I have had this problem since I was around 22 yrs old, I am 33 now and have had control of my life back. The fear of dying, having a heart attack are now the past. I have taken all the meds in the world from 37 different Dr's over the past 10 years that never worked. Every heart test was fine but they still gave me meds?? $$$$

There is a natural cure for this and requires exact attention to detail.
you will have to upgrade you life and how you eat and things you do that will benefit you for the rest of your long life.

I have learn a lot from my own trials with this problem and have found what works. There are Many other benefits.

**edited by moderator**

ive had these symptoms too!yep, antacids help a bit,and a very basic diet. i agree with the person who said it can come on a week after a stressful situation.relaxation tapes to listen to help me.x

I had the same problem for about 10 years regarding belching and irregular heartbeat. My doctor had me take Ativan, as she thought I had anxiety. It turns out I have celiac disease! I have been on a gluten-free (meaning no wheat, oats, barley or rye) diet for several months and rarely have the gas/heart problem any more.
I think you're right about the vagus nerve...and I believe it's the gluten that causes the vagus nerve to react that way. My insides feel so calm now! Celiac has variable symptoms depending on the individual - gas, bloating, diarrhea, headaches, weight loss, anemia, etc. To be diagnosed, just a simple blood test is involved which shows your TGA (transglutamine) levels. A further test - tissue biopsy of your small intestine - can confirm the disease. A lot of doctors don't know enough about the disease and miss diagnosing it, or diagnose it as something else such as IBS, but in fact it's more common than earlier thought....almost 1 in every 100 North Americans have it. I was very surprised with my diagnosis last spring, as I have no relatives with it, and I'd barely even heard about it. But I feel so much better now. Good luck!

Interesting you mention celiac disease in regard to this. I have really loud pounding of my heartbeat in my ears. Went to a cardiologist two days ago, but he really didn't have an explanation. He put me on a low dose of a beta blocker I'm supposed to try for a couple of weeks and see if it helps. So far, it seems to be getting louder, not better. My heart rate is already low (about 46-52 resting heart rate), so I'm a little concerned about the meds making it even lower. I am a diagnosed celiac and have not consumed gluten for more than 15 years, but that obviously has not helped this particular situation.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

It took me very many episodes over the years to finally make the connection between stomach gas with tachycardia (very rapid heartbeat) and tree nuts (walnuts/cashews/sesame seeds/pecans/brazil nuts/many others). The reason it was difficult to conclude that I was allergic to tree nuts is because they must first be completely digested and then the proteins have to enter the blood system. That can take from 3 to 36 hours, long after the nuts were consumed. I have recently noted that some food products now have warnings that the machines used to make non-nut products were previously used to process tree nuts. By the way, peanuts are not nuts. They are legumes and I am not allergic to peanuts. Stop eating any kind of tree nuts (ever) and see if your problem disappears. Be advised that lactose intolerance can cause the same symptoms as tree nuts so also eliminate lactose (milk/ice cream/etc.) Use lactose free milk.

i have had the same symptoms as people described above. it is very attention keeping and usually leads to feeling like its check out time. insanely high pulse rate, so fast its hard to even count. my vision sometimes is affected and i notice drastic changes in the vein size in my wrists. i sometimes get it when cold ive also lost alot of weight and have a hard time gaining it back 6'2 160 was 175-195 seasonally my whole adult life. 49 now. i believe i got dosed with carbon monoxide from a bad chimney pipe about 2.5 yrs ago which really messed me up i used to be genious iq, inventor, creative, built thousands of websites...it put me out of work and for a year made me almost non functional, creativity took 2 years to come back for more than a brief flashes. i cant build sites anymore at least not well opened the software i lived in practically, didn't know where to begin, i get dyslexic and leave words or blocks of words out when i type, i published/edited typeset for decades, frustrating now as can't trust what i write and have to read it a few times and fix it. for about a yr it felt as if i had something inside my guts like a big ball, my friend who was staying at my house temporarily got alot of the same symptoms, she thought she was pregnant despite celibacy. ar 2.5 yrs that feeling of something in my guts went away her as well i couldnt even touch near my navel, and a sensation hat to cal it pain often presented itself 2 in to the left of my navel. i had been drinking water from all over PA and do alot of festivals so drink water from many sources. I could eat and eat and not gain weight, i freeze my ass off all the time now. I wondered if it could have been worms or intestinal bacteria or cysts. i notice the symptoms you folks described alot, sometimes i notice it more if i consume oil or fatty meat such as a bacon cheese burger or fries. i also notice it comes on with stress, or after stress. I noticed i craved rice alot. I noticed dairy esp milk gives me gas. i drink alot of coffee i never had and i dont have issues with that and cant say it makes a difference, what i have noticed is that it seems alot of beans i get have an oily substance on them and taste oxidized like old stock despite being well within exdate. I haven't consumed tree nuts to my knowledge prior to the onset of symptoms and from what i read on the vagus nerve i don't get the symptoms of vagus nerve disruption. I have had blurred vision, tachacardia, skips of beats, what feels like the heart squeezes then beats like crazy, 3 maybe 4 times what it should, my rate usually is 60-72bpm. When i was getting affected by the carbon monozide i thought i was dying, even saw the tunnel with blue light ...had my friend drive me to hospital went to hospital(health corp now) and i dont have insurance as i am usually healthy so you know i thought i was dying, had a strugle with trying to fill out the paperwork and by the time i was seen every thing was "normal" DR tried to give me ativan which i refused went home and started looking for what was poisoning me good thing i did as there was a huge hole where my chimney met the furnace pipe. the anxiety or panic attack like symptoms seem to vanish with the belching or sometimes flatulance, usually always belching, lots of it. I rarely drink like onec a month or two but if i do tie on a good hard liquor buzz say 3 or 4 shots of tequilla or drink certain brands of beer that give me the runs it seems i dont have issues for weeks. I eat good or presumably good food, almost no restaurant or fast food, the only canned food is beans or spaghetti sauce, try to avoid msg and food with preservatives additives or out of usa fruit or veg that get fumigated at the port of entry. Where i consider my risks to be coming from and i'll add the word possibly is ; water borne chemicals(tap city water), possible cyst contaminated well water or city water, i work in moldy environments several of them with up to 20 different species of mold, carbon monoxide, the fire safety chemical in cigerettes though i noticed these symptoms prior, second hand smoke which smells different these days, excessive periods of sitting in uncomfortable chairs or not padded or restaurant booth type seats, driving or riding in certain vehicles, bad beds too soft, and it seems i have lower back issues and shoulder issues, eating beef or fatty meats, certain types of coffee. Another thing i notice is if i don't eat and i get that hunger pang, very hungry need to eat feeling and don't eat immediately i get cold, especially extremities, the veins in my wrists get tiny like angle hair pasta size and often symptoms start shortly thereafter 15min to 45 min. I also have noticed a presence of night sweats during periods of the symptoms. If feeling crappy i have a hard time thinking, creative thought holding, lowered motivation, blurred or kind of tunnel vision, but ultimately inability to want to do physical work, if feeling good i can move woodstoves, shovel tons of snow off my roof, cut haul firewood, out work a teenager easy. The more fresh air and excersize i get the better i feel. I noticed the carbon monoxide(or attribute it to that) made me chemically sensitive to many things especially carbon based substances ie perfume, diesel fuel, gas fumes, paint fumes, vehicle exhaust esp diesel, plastics(some), vinyl, this seems to lessen with time. but immediatly after getting dosed with CO years back one whiff of a passing bus exhaust made me feel like i was going to pass out. Felt frail and weak for about 2 years, also if i get an adrenaline dump good or bad it came on super strong, had to avoid confrontation for about a year or so...tough planet to avoid conflict on and tough times and lots of people in bad straights these days, couldnt even listen to people bitching or having someone get dramatic and yelling or freaking out about something...i swear it is really maddening trying to figure this out. Not to get all conspiracy theorist or buy into such...the chemtrail issue of metals being sprayed from planes possibly used for weather manipulation or as a radar reflector haarp project or who knows (look it up try not to laugh at some of it it gets kinda out there even with a wide open mind) metals have different effects on people ...and i have really had to consider anything as possible till i can eliminate it and rule it out. It doesn't seem to match up with ulcers, gall bladder, or any other symptom lists...some symptoms but not all or others my father had his gall bladder removed in his forties i have no clue as to heridity on that. the near constants or at least most often occuring are the gas belching then feeling better and heart rate goes back to normal, the hunger pangs, vein size change, seemingly super fast heart rate , skipping beats, the feeling like a valve malfunctions like a squeeze of heart, night sweats though they do often occur if sleeping on a sleeping bag or in one, back pain, muscle rigidity, and it seems like my eye brows go down over eyes more than if feeling good especially the right eye kind of the same look as if brow knit or concentrating or squinting. i plan to start journaling activities foods consumed and onset duration and type of symptoms. sometimes juice or food will make them vanish other times not. ive never tested high for glucose when ive used friends diabetic testers, diabetes runs on my moms side of family but mostly seemed to affect females not all though. Hope one of us figures this out before it takes us out of the game. I have to say nothing really scares me in life anymore but this gets pretty close. I do lead a fairly stressed life so its hard to rule out the effects of stress, i try not to let things get to me and really keep my expectations low and use the it is what it is and its all good man philosophies and keep worrying at bay most of the time. its hard to say if stress or anxiety bring it on or if it brings on stress and anxiety. Hope something in this may make sense to someone here ill try to check back regularly and read or post pertinent info. I find music helps lessen the symptoms or at least anxiety from them, like a live grateful dead show or doing a little hand drumming mellow stuff, but it could just be a distractant. I also wonder if tooth issues have something to do with it as well like perhaps an infection, cavity or bad root canal, a damaged crowned or capped tooth or excessive mouth bacteria from decaying trapped food...just a thought...seems a little more plausible than chemtrails or agribusiness poisoning up to sell us pharma. like i said i feel iv'e about driven myself mad trying to figure it out. I have asked everyone and anyone i meet or know in healthcare and they don't know either. I did notice similar symptoms from spider bites years ago but i haven't noticed bites or marks that indicate being bitten. The CO exposure messed up my head and makes me forget words and make typing errors frequently so excuse typos, dyslexic or missing letters or words missing i can't help it.

I have had many of the same symptoms, all since my recent exposure to toxic mold in my house.

OMG, I don't feel like the lone ranger anymore. I am experiencing all the same things everyone of you have mentioned. Yes, I feel like it's check out time. Ofcourse I get anxious, nervous. My heart will start beating hard, sometimes it speeds up, followed by a BM, then immediatly I start belching, it can last an hour to an hour and a half. Very frustrating for me. My BP goes up a little, and I normally have low BP. I have done so much research lately. I have come across info about sulfites, MSG mainly. Acid reflux seems to have a lot to do with it. I am 48 years of age and started experiencing this 4 summers ago. I am at my wits end with it. I can't sleep at all when it's acting up. It makes me want to tell my husband how much I love him, just incase I die that night. I did go nearly a year without any episodes. I have changed my diet, and I have lost weight. I weighed about 126 a week and half ago, now I weigh 120. I don't want to loose anymore weight. I know stress can bring it on, but most times I don't feel stress. This evening when it kicked in, I was just having a normal evening, playing on FB. I am so tired of dealing with it. 4 years ago I saw a cardiologist, he ran several test and found nothing, put me on a beta blocker, I took it for about 3 years, but didn't like the side affects, mostly lowered my already low BP, so over a 3 month period I took myself off of it. It does help my mind to know that there are other people dealing with the very same thing. Sure wished ya'll lived next door. LOL.

megahertz6970,
Might want to check for gallbladder

This reply is by no way meant as a for sure thing. I'm just relaying my story to you as a possible cause.

I started experiencing the same symptoms four years ago (my heart beat would get as high as 200+ bpm) and had eventually connected it with the artificial sweetener Aspartame (Nutrasweet). After I had made the connection myself, I spoke with my doctor about it. He never heard of such a thing. But I continued to eliminate it from my diet.

I couldn't understand why it would suddenly have this kind of effect on me since I had been drinking diet soda and eating low calorie or lite food and snacks all along, until I started doing some research on the sweetener. Even though the FDA has approved it, it has been connected with some very serious side effects and can build up in your system to cause a sensitivity to it.

Aspartame/Nutrasweet was cut totally out of my diet by reading labels, the problem cleared up and I had no more episodes.

Two years later, I started having another series of episodes. Again, the culprit was Aspartame. The candy and gum companies changed their formulas to reduce the cost of manufacturing and substituting part of their sugar formula for partial aspartame, and the gum I was chewing regularly, had the artificial sweetener in it. I searched all over for gum that did not contain the sweetener and found only a few that hadn't changed their formulas. Chicklets, Beemans' and Canels to name the very few that did not contain Aspartame at that time.

Recently, I experienced another series of episodes and once again.. Aspartame. I couldn't figure it out since I am so careful about it. They had changed the formula in Canels gum to include it. I let my guard down and stopped reading their label since it didn't use to contain the artificial sweetener. Lesson Learned!! No more episodes since.

Anything that says "diet, low calorie, lite, or any similar wording or has the warning Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine... Read the label and stay clear of it if you see Aspartame as one of the ingredients!! If you're going to give it a try and eliminate Aspartame from your diet, read every label on everything you put in your mouth. It's worth a try and a simple solution to a very serious and life threatening problem.

I am by no means saying this is what your problem is, just offering it up as a possibility. My sympathy to all those that are suffering with this problem. It's frightening to have your heartbeat out of control and having the fear of a total blow out.

Good Luck!

I have had this same problem (belching/heart palpitations) for the last 4 years. I thought it was a stomach/digestive problem and explore that area extensively with many different doctors. I underwent all kinds of tests and try many different medications to no avail... I got to the point where my doctor "suggested" that it may be "anxiety" and "stress" (isn't that always the easiest disgnosis to give a woman when doctors can't figure out what you have????). I was prescribed antacids and sent on my merry way... Needles to say I never went back to that doctor... A year ago a had a mild heart attack where they found a totally blocked artery (not a main one, thankfully) and although my heart did not suffer any permanent damage, I had to undergo an angioplasty and two non-medicated stents were inserted in the artery that was blocked. By that time, I started making a connection between my heart and the constant belching. I went home and started my precribed medication - Toprol, lipitor, aspirin and Effient. After three months on these drugs I was feeling lousy and the belching and bloating was out of control. I "fought" with my doctor until he relented to take me off them after six months (not the "at least a year") as he had originally suggested. He was against this, but sometimes we know our bodies better than anybody else. I did a extremely thorough research and I decided to wean off all medication and change my life completely. I started exercising 6-7 days a week, started following a vegan regime (I was a ovo-lacto vegetarian before and I ate lots of dairy and eggs), so for me was not that big of a change. I am happy to say that I lost almost 25 lbs and my cholesterol went down 40 points (dairy and eggs were the culplit!) in just 5 months. All that was great but my belching and palpitations continued, not as severe as before, but I still have occasional attacks were I start belching even before I get out of bed. Having food in my stomach or not, does not make a difference. I have also try to cut out some foods to test their effect on my bloating and belching, for so far I know is not wheat, soy products or tree nuts (only peanuts worsen my condition a little bit) I have never thought that you mention in your post - Aspartame - could be a posible cause of this condition. I regularly drink Snapple diet iced-tea and have an occasional diet coke. I also use Splenda on my coffer and eat "diet" and "sugar free" foods where aspartame is used as a sugar substitute. I am most definitedly will try cutting out all aspartame out of my diet to find out if that could be the culprit. Thank you very much for your post!!! :-D