New Reply New Topic Followed by 15 people

Ive been feeling a mild burning sensation in my vagina and vulva area and i have no idea what it is. It burns when i urinate. I went to 2 different docs and they tested me for yeast and fro bacterial infections and everything came back normal. This just started out of nowhere. I don;t have any discharge and everything LOOKS normal but i still have the burning. I feel it sometimes in my anus area as well but mostly in the vulva. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

I've had the same exact thing going on for a month off and on. Went to one doctor and he said no infection and then another said yeast infection. But there is no itching and no discharge. Just mild vulva burning the gets worst at night and before my period. Diflucan and yeast cream are not working so I doubt it's a yeast infection. And no BV or STD. Have you found out what's going on with you yet? I'm going back to the doc soon. I am on antibiotics so I'm not sure if that's the cause. Any suggestions

I am also having same thing vaginal burning which is on and off ....i have taken oral medicine vaginal tablets ...but no use....doe sanyone have idea

i feel a little bit of relief during the day but the burning sensation returns at night. No idea what could be causing this.  Have you found a cause or solution yet?

I don't want to frighten you, but you really should perform a self-exam of your Vulva..especially the labia majora, for any sort of pebble-sized lumps under the skin.  If all tests are coming back fine, and there is no evidence of a kidney infection or other UTI, any burning sensation should be categorized as important.  Early detection of any cancer is what saves lives.  Vulval Cancer has the above listed symptoms.

Hi. I have been struggling with the same thing for years. I have found some things that effect it. 1 food intolerance, if I eat bread/yeast it begins hurting the next day and lasts for weeks. 2. the more creams and ovules I try, the more irritated it gets. 3. birth control, any pill or condom makes all symptoms go out of control ,my solution was the coil. One thing that's interesting to ask yourself is are you very dry? Sometimes the creams dry you out and that hurts a lot! Anyway I hope this helps. I feel having 'this' is terrible as you look like a liar and feel like you are going crazy!

I've had this same vulva and clitoris  itching for 2 years.  It is not due to being pregnant or hot.  My doc tested for yeast.  Of course, that's not it either.  But no one can seem to figure out what it is.  It's a burning itch.  Itch, scratch, burn.  Repeat.  What is this?  I traced my symptoms to a visit to the gyno.  Not pointing any fingers, just saying that that's when I started getting this.  Right after a routine pelvic exam.  Is there some kind of untreatable bacteria out there?  My doc wants to take a bioposy of the labia.  Anything for the cure!  If you search the internet you"ll find that there's a lot of women out there with this.   No explanation.  No cure.  I've been using anitbacterial wipes every morning and over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream when it's bad.  This seems to keep it at bay.  Hope that helps!

When I was pregnant I had the same symptoms.  Burning, crazy itching.  It was streptococcus B.  have them test you for it.

I've been having the insane itchiness and now burning, so it's been site after site for me. Sadly I did myself hoping its something I read about so there is an answer.

What gets me though is that many women say urinating burns. For me it's basically around and above the clitoris ... Urinating is about the only thing that doesn't burn (although the wiping is agony).

I have a doctors appt, but that's almost three weeks away and doesn't help when I'm lucky to get 2 hrs sleep a night before the pain wakes me up.

same here. i see the first post is 3years old ! no has come back with an answer. what did your doctors say? i have had the same thing for 2 years, just started out of the blue. i have recently spent $2000 on testing for everything under the sun and everything has come back negative. tried hydro cream, tried coconut oil, tried metro gel....everything has made it worse! help!

I see this was posted on 2 hours ago... I am at my witts end!  It's not the itching, it's the burning!  Like the skin on my vulva is RAW.  I have taken a good look and it looks red and slightly inflammed.  No bumps, no obvious yeast, no crazy weird smell, no major discharge... I don't get it!  I've only had sex with 2 people in twelve years and I know they both were "clean"...  Went to my gyno yesterday and they put me on macrobid (antibiotic), difulcan (for yeast infection) and phenazopyridine (for burning)... NOT working as far as the last medication goes.  When I'm seated in one spot, I'm fine, when I get up and move around (which I have to do at work) it hurts like hell, I could cry!  I've tried hydrocortisone cream, not really working either.  Just called the office and asked it a lidocaine gel would work or to call something else in for me.  I read on another blog that lidocaine gel works.  It just feels like an open wound (which there isn't any) that's getting salt thrown in it every time I move... It started the night before last and got bad QUICK!  I wish I knew what was going on! :(

Health Guru
Hi couldn't help but reply to your post when i see it as i have read something similar before and it turned out to be an allergic reaction to a New soap she was using.
Hope this helps

Hi ladies, you may want to also check out the symptoms of pelvic floor disorder and vulvadynia. Unfortunately, they are very common and are kind of a pain (no pun intended). The only reason I know this is I was recently diagnosed with IC (interstitial cystitis), which is a very painful bladder syndrome. When I get these bladder flares, my lady parts get red, itchy and burn like I have a yeast infection. They go away once the flare has calmed down. I also hold a lot of tension down there which affects the pelvic floor muscles. All of those conditions are very closely related. Might be worth investigating! And I never had any of these symptoms before the IC came!

Health Guru
Hi has your doctor told you to drink cranberry juice to help eight the flare ups?

With the IC flare ups, no. Cranberry juice is killer for IC. It's a really big no no. It can actually send people in to major flares! I'm really are up wih my diet to make sure I'm not eating anything on the bad list (there is a very specific food list for IC). I'm gluten free now too. I've heard/read that food allergies and sensitivities can contribute to reactions like yeast, lactose intolerance, etc because they are inflammatory too. Might be something to look at. I tell you though, I have never become so intimate with my body and my lady parts since this diagnosis! Now, my body tells me stuff and I listen!!