New Reply New Topic Followed by 16 people

hello ,

just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar.
since 6 months ago i have been bleeding everyday usually dark blood but sometimes redder like a constant period. i had the doctor look at my cervix she said it looked ok and i had swabs for chylmydia and a few other stds which came back negaitive. the doctor does not seem concerned. have been put on a few different pills and perscribed transexamic acid to help stop the bleeding but nothing seems to work...im really concerned about what it could be have recently pushed to be put forward to a specialist but doctor is in no hurry it has taken 2 weeks for him to even refer me....im 22 . any ideas???

i have had the same thing happen to me for the past 3 months. i'm 23 and my period just will not go away. a month before the never-ending period started i had a ruptured ovarian cyst (before that i had 3 months of NO period). i've been regular my entire life, i have no idea why this is happening. i am uninsured until august so i can't see a doctor about what's going on... i'm just as in the dark as you are!

AVACADO= You can go to a planned parenthood, which woulds ee you for very low cost! They do not care of you are insured or not, they WILL SEE YOU, and MOST give discounted-super low cost care!

DEF get checked out =)

I HAVE BEEN BLEEDING EVERY DAY FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS. THE MOST I HAVE GONE WITHOUT BLEEDING IS 3 DAYS. I HAVE BEING TO THREE DIFFERENT GYNOCOLOGIST AND EVERY TEST IS NEGATIVE. I HAVE USED ABOUT TEN DIFFERENT BIRH CONTROL PILLS AND PRESCRIPTION MED TO STOP THE BLEEDING NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK. THE LAST DOCTOR'S VISIT HE MENTIONED TO SEE ME IN THREE MONTHS. LIKE IF BLEEDING WAS SOMETHING VERY NORMAL IN HIS BOOK. I PLAN TO SEEK ANOTHER GYN DOCTOR BECAUSE I KNOW THIS IS NOT NORMAL, ACTUALLY I'M AFRAID THAT I HAVE BEEN MIS-DIAGNOSED. I DO NOT BELIEVE IS MENOPAUSE BECAUSE I AM 38 YEARS OLD. THE WORSE PART IS BEING MARRIED FOR 19 YEARS AND NOT BEING ABLE TO PLEASE YOUR HUSBAND LIKE A NORMAL COUPLE WOULD.

i have also been bleeding for now 6 1/2 months daily. i have chaned birth controls and been in and out of my ob's office no std's, not prenant, not anemic, not thyroids... and she seems to have no concerns. im only 18 and i am really worried about my health. have u had any luck with ur situation?

NO I AM STILL IN THE SAME SITUATION. IS THERE ANY ONE OUT THERE THAT KOW OF A NATURAL OR HOME REMEDY TO STOP THIS STUPID BLEEDING. MY MEDICAL DOCTOR MENTIONED THAT IT WAS DUE TO A POOR DIET. I TOLD HIM WELL GIVE ME THE RECIPE TO A RICH DIET AND HE LAUGHED. WHAT A GOOF BALL.

I have also been bleeding now for six months. I am 22 years old, I went to my doctor after three months of bleeding, and my husbands concerns. He said that it was most likely the birth control I was on, so he prescribed me "stronger" ones, I am on my third pack of those pills and there is still NO change yet. I might stop bleeding one day out of each month, and by stop bleeding, I mean a light tan colored discharge, one day, then bleeding again. As soon as I can afford it, I am going to a Gyno. Something has to be wrong here. I was actually trying to find a cause and cure for this when I came across this post.... if anyone has any luck stopping, please email me and let me know what helped. I have always had a normal cycle, and I have three children, I am starting to get worried, so is my husband. angelbuck3@aol.com

Does anyone have anymore information about their bleeding for months at a time? I've now been bleeding for a month and I have a doctors appointment on Monday. I'm like most of you and am only 22. I'm quite freaked out about what this could be.

Hello, I am suprised to read about young women experiencing the same problems as I am. Almost eight months now I have experienced constant vaginal bleeding,almost allways a dark color and sometimes a verry heavy red. I am 25 years of age have gave birth to three beautiful boys who are now 8, 5, and 4 years of age. I may get a break for a couple of days have intercourse and go right back to bleeding. I have not gone to see a doctor yet but I have made my first appointment for later this month. I am tired of not being normal, and yes the bleeding has put a damper on any relationship I get into. I am terrified something is wrong. Has anyone since received a diagnosis or had any questions answerd they might be able to pass on.

I am 19 years old..i have been on my period for 3 months now. Out of the three months i have only stopped about 2 days.My doctor has put me on a few different birthcontrol pills to help stop and it isnt working. It is so annoying to be blleeding especially when you are newly married and can not please your husband. My doctors are also not to concerned with this. I went and had my insulin levels checked, had an HH and a CBC and everything came back negative. My aunt who is a nurse said i might have to have a D&C. This is really starting to concern me b/c it isnt normal and i am so tired of having cramps. My doctor did tell me that on the days that i dont bleed to still not have intercourse b/c it could be causing it to start back up again. If anyone has any answers please email me at acrawford020587@yahoo.com
i will keep everyone posted if i ever find out what this is

Nice to know I am not hanging out there alone. I am experiencing constant bleeding as well. Usually quite dark and sometimes very red. I will have a couple of light days followed by a couple of heavy days. When I say heavy I mean heavy. I pass blood clots that fill the palm of my hand. I can't sit, stand or even lay down without having to change my clothes. I am soaking through sanitary supplies in about 10 minutes (or less). A couple of times I have just sat in the bathtub.

I have not been to a doctor yet as I don't like to go. They always look at me like I am stupid and making it all up. I was to a specialist for a different problem last year (vision) and he was so mean I broke down and cried right there in his office (how embarassing) I am overweight and I think that tends to be blamed for everything. I know it is a concern and I do need to take care of that.....but something else has to be happening.

I am 26 years old. I have searched online for a while but everything comes up pregnancy related. It is not possible that I am pregnant, nor have I ever been. I have never been on birth control pills either....

Any advice?

Hormonal imbalances can be a cause, as there is not enough of a specific hormone to actually stop the bleeding you are experiencing.

Ovarian cysts can be a culprit...

Sometimes these things happen without a cause, and even birth control pills do not stop the bleeding..

I was in the same situation and I decided to write down all my symtoms as they happened over a month period. When I took all of this to my doctor he told me that I had a sensitivity to estrogen and that the pill I was on was too strong, thus causing extra bleeding and cramps than normal. This might be worth looking into for the rest of you.
Take xcare,
Liz

I am in the same boat as you not as heavy but right there it will go for 3 months on and then just about 3 months off.. Large blood clots that scare me. I just wish I knew what was wrong.. I have never been pregnant and never been on birth control either I am 32. When I was about 26 I have a ovarian cysts that grew and wrapped around my ovary and falopian tube on my left side killing it and it all had to be removed. Not that my periods were regular before being over weight but they sure aren't now.. I went about five years with out a pap smear and finally had one and all std test came back normal and pap was abnormal but she said come back in 3 months but I don't think she knew what she was doing she was a general dr not gyn. I want to go to someone that knows what there doing I was about 2 1/2 months without a period and then had intercourse. Now I can't stop If anyone has any suggestions please let me. Know my ins does not reinstate until Jan so I have to wait. :shock:

CAR wrote:

Any advice?

:shock:

IF YOU have no insurance, PLEASE consider going to planned parenthood. Their clinics charge super low fees, and no insurance is necessary. They are sexual health and womens health specialists, so they know what they are doing.