My son is diagnosed with bipolar disorder or precisely he suffers for years now of manic depression but lately his condition got much worsen for it involves now even some psychotic seizures he never had before and that is why I need some info about controlling manic/psychotic symptoms. He actually started having some delusions and hallucinations and I am really having hard time controlling his manic/psychotic symptoms and would like to hear what is this condition about and how is it treated the best way? Thanks much!

I suppose your son is taking antidepressants and mood stabilizers but whenever it comes to combination of manic/psychotic symptoms than usually antipsychotic drugs are being prescribed. My daughter has the same diagnose but sometimes bipolar disorder are manifested with sort of psychotic seizures which basically are part of schizophrenia condition and she is now taking Zyprexa-that is antipsychotic drug –also along with these other drug prescribed to treat bipolar disorder and along with some psychotherapy this is the best way for controlling manic/psychotic symptoms I guess.