Hey,
Did anyone heard of the cookie diet? You are supposes to loose 10 lbs a week and eat 6 diet cookies a day (this is about 800 calories). Is that even possible?

Hey,
I am glad you are observing this Cookie diet with a critical eye. This sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it? Besides, who could survive the whole day only on diet cookies? :-) I read somewhere that 1-2 lbs weekly is healthy for a balanced diet and not more! I mean, 800 calories, this sounds insane!!! What do they want to do to people- starve them to death?! I think 1200 (for men maybe even 1500 cal) will be normal and healthy and so on … but not 800 calories. I think this cookie diet is another fraud- they starve you to death … it’s better to use fruit and vegetables ... it is healthier in a way. But remember, diet, where a person can loose 10 lbs, is no healthy diet.

fyi...
I was on the cookie diet for 40 days and lost 30 lbs. Yes it works. The first 3 days you feel like you're starving but after that, you get to a point that you're never hungry. I was forcing myself to eat the cookies and couldn't. Plenty of water throughout the day, 6 cookies throughout the day whenever you're hungry and a healthy meal at night. You can sub with a lean cusine or weight watchers plus you add sides to it. So far I've lost 40 lbs and I've been off the diet for 10 months. I did gain 10 lbs back but that's my fault. The only thing is that it shows up on your mid section. I plan on going back this week and losing another 20 lbs as my goal for this month. I've tried all sorts of diets and this is the only thing that helped in such short period of time. I went from size 14/16 to 8/10. They do labs and are very strict. You can not have any health conditions in order to join.
Good luck,
Igi
Miami

a diet that relies on on food type is not good. YOu are starving you body of nutriets from other important foods.

You should be developed a good overall balanced diet with wholefoods and fruit and vege. and exercise. Not placing all your hopes on a diet that will probably do more damage to you body in the long run.

My hairdresser turned me and my mom onto this diet. She lost 50 pounds and has kept it off for two years with no yo-yos after her results. The diet trained her in a way to eat smaller portions throughout the day and be sensible about what she would put in her body by limiting the night meal to lean proteins and leafy vegetables and eventually whole grains. My mom also had similar success just wanting to lose ten pounds. Me, I like to eat too much and don't mind being a few extra pounds for it since I still run 7 miles a day and don't think my weight's a health concern.

Although I've not tried a cookie diet, I am suspicious of a diet that only includes one food. I have recently, for example begun to try to eat at least 5 fruits and vegetables a day. I'm not trying to lose weight, though. So perhaps my point of view is different.

Wow...so much confusion about a simple diet. Okay, here are the facts: The Cookie Diet™ is not a fad and it isn't new. It's been around for thirty years. The diet, and the hunger-controlling cookie, shakes and soup, were created by Miami physician Dr. Sanford Siegal as a way to control his patients' hunger so that they could lose weight on a low calorie diet. Dr. Siegal and his diet have been profiled on Good Morning America and in Woman's World, Health magazine, and elsewhere. More than 500,000 South Floridians have used Dr. Siegal's Cookie Diet™.

A few days ago, Dr. Siegal announced his decision to make his Cookie Diet™ available from drug stores and doctors around the United States. Here's the whole story:

prweb.com/releases/CookieDietCookies/DrSanfordSiegal/prweb496332.htm

Hey there,

I'd be happy to answer any questions that readers here may have. Don't worry, I won't "pitch" anything I'm only interested in providing the facts. Only those who have been on the diet are those who administer the program at a Smart for Life Center will have the proper information. Feel free to email me or reply here, I will make sure I check it as often as I can.

Regards,
Shiraz

So normally I dont ever post on these things I just read reviewssss.
Let me tell you I have tried the cookie diet and people out there who dont believe its true then TRY it. It works I lost about 20lbs in a month. Basically you cant eat these cookies forever so this diet is just a jumpstart. Then you can excersise and eat right to keep it off. It works amazing trust me.

Cookie Diet(TM)Creator Dr. Sanford Siegal's Company, Owner of the Cookie Diet(TM) Trademarks, Sues Smart for Life Weight Management Centers Franchisor

Lawsuit Against Smart For Life Weight Management Centers Franchisor and Principal Sasson Moulavi Alleges Trademark Infringement, Cyberpiracy, Lanham Act Violations and Other Causes of Action

Miami, FL (PRWeb) February 7, 2007 – Through his company, SM Licensing Corporation (SMLC), renowned physician, author, and weight loss expert Dr. Sanford Siegal, famous for creating the Cookie Diet weight management program and related diet cookies, shakes and soup, yesterday filed a Federal lawsuit against Boca Raton-based U.S. Medical Care Holdings LLC, franchisor of the Smart for Life Weight Management Centers, and its principal, Sasson Moulavi. The lawsuit, which was filed in the United States District Court Southern District of Florida, cites numerous causes of action related to the defendants' alleged unauthorized use of intellectual property belonging to SMLC, including license rights to Dr. Siegal's name, the "Cookie Diet" trademark and other trademarks, and copyrighted images.

From September 2004 until August 2006, a franchising agreement permitted the defendants to use certain trademarks owned by SMLC and to distribute the famous Siegal diet cookies, shakes and soup. Although the relationship between SMLC and the defendants ended in August of 2006, the lawsuit alleges that the defendants continue to use the Siegal IP.

SMLC's lawsuit seeks a preliminary injunction to immediately stop the defendants from continuing to use the trademark "Cookie Diet" and all other Siegal IP; the assignment to SMLC of various web domains containing the Siegal name and trademarks; and compensatory and punitive damages.

In 1975, Dr. Sanford Siegal created the Cookie Diet and its first product-an oatmeal raisin diet cookie-to help control his patients' hunger so that they could lose weight on a calorie-restricted diet. Other flavors, as well as shakes and soup, soon followed. The diet cookies and other foods provide unusual hunger control per calorie as a result of Dr. Siegal's secret blend of certain food proteins called amino acids. The Cookie Diet foods contain no drugs.

More than 500,000 patients have been on the Cookie Diet during the past thirty-two years. Dr. Siegal and his program have been featured in dozens of media outlets including ABC's Good Morning America, Woman's World and Health magazine. Recently, Dr. Siegal announced his decision to make the Cookie Diet foods available nationwide from doctors and drug stores beginning in March. A story about the decision appeared in the January 19, 2007 issue of South Florida Business Journal. A web site, notifies interested consumers where they will be able to obtain the Cookie Diet products in their area.

**edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

I understand the law suit regarding trademark, but are the diet and the cookies the same? I believe originally the smart for life people had been able to use the doctor's cookies and his weight loss plan and then he broke off from them. Is that correct? if so, then people who are able to go to smart for life are able to take part in the cookie diet the doctor created originally.

Not all people who have just been on the diet are well informed - especially enough to administer the information & proper facts of this diet! Are you certified? Did you study directly under Dr. Siegal?

It is very dissapointing, not to mention extremely scary, that individuals- just because they have tried a diet - consider themselves well enough informed to teach others.

That's interesting...has nobody seen this article?
Cookie Diet™ Creator Dr. Sanford Siegal's Company, Owner of the Cookie Diet™ Trademarks, Sues Smart for Life Weight Management Centers Franchisor

"The lawsuit, which was filed in the United States District Court Southern District of Florida, cites numerous causes of action related to the defendants' alleged unauthorized use of intellectual property belonging to SMLC, including license rights to Dr. Siegal's name, the "Cookie Diet™" trademark and other trademarks, and copyrighted images."

Shiraz wrote:

Hey there,

Regards,
Shiraz

Just happen to see the comment on the Cookie diet. You actually lose between 10-15 lbs. per month. The first week you are on it you can lose 6lbs. Then it averages about 1-2 lbs. per week.

THe cookies are made from organic ingredients and are mostly fiber at 80 calories a piece.

The dinner consists of something you make which is nice to be able to eat the same food as your family. 6 ozs. protein and two vegetables.
Chicken, all types of white fish, scallops, lobster, oysters, shrimp, etc.

8 glasses of water per day or tea or coffee...

They also have soup and shakes now. Soup equals one cookie and Shake equals two.

If you have kids in school and can eat the same thing your family eats at night it is one of the best no brainer diets.

They have a maintanence program to reintroduce foods after you have lost your weight.

Exercising is not recommended the first few weeks unless you have been on a program before starting

It does help to get you on track towards weight loss... you have to be ready or it isn't the diet for you.

Is this programn safe? It would seem to me that such rapid weight loss could result in additonal health problems.

The cookie diet isnt a fraud, and physicians are provided to each individual who is on the diet to make sure they are maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Lifestyle Weight Management Center of Tysons Corner, which opened its doors to patients over 6 months ago, offers a medically-supervised weight reduction and weight maintenance program, featuring South Florida physician Dr. Sanford Siegal’s Cookie Diet™ cookies. In addition patients receive help from a team of experts in the weight loss field including physicians, nurses, psychologists, and nutritionists dedicated to helping patients meet their weight loss goals. Since opening their doors, over 100 patients have signed up to lose weight and make a lifestyle change. Thus far, patients on average are losing over 16 pounds each month. Among the many patients who have succeeded on the program is local WASH-FM morning driving host Loo Katz, who lost over 35 pounds in less than four months.

They have also just introduced a competition for losing weight...Lifestyle Weight Management of Tysons Corner, partnering with several other local organizations, is sponsoring a 10-Week Weight Loss Challenge to promote health and weight loss in the Washington, DC region. The Challenge will reward one individual and the top three teams (3-5 people) with cash and prizes for losing the highest percentage of their weight over ten weeks. Participants will achieve their weight loss using the trusted system at Lifestyle Weight Management, which features Dr. Siegal’s famous Cookie Diet™ products. Contestants can win over $10,000 in cash, as well as various health related prizes from numerous local sponsors. In addition to the health and wellness benefits, Lifestyle Weight Management will also make a $100 donation to the American Diabetes Association for each team that signs up for the Challenge.

The central feature of the program is a reduced-calorie diet that is aided by South Florida physician Dr. Sanford Siegal’s Cookie Diet™ cookies, a convenient, sensible snack food that effectively curbs hunger. The cookies contain no drugs, but rather a secret blend of amino acids and food proteins. At the age of 78, Dr. Siegal still personally makes every batch of his secret hunger-controlling protein blend by hand in his own bakery near his Miami, Florida, medical practice. His products have helped over 500,000 people reach their dieting goals since 1975.