Ok...this is a long one but I think any of it might be relevant to solve the mystery:
My boyfriend has an autoimmune disease, and when he first got sick the doctors didn't know how to help him so they just gave him painkillers, and he ended up addicted to Oxycodone. During that time some of his friends who also used OCs moved on to heroine, and since he's a NY resident he would exchange their needles for them because they lived in NJ, where the needle exchange program is unavailable. For a while he was buying more than he was being prescribed from friends, and I couldn't tell if his symptoms were from his illness or his OC use. When he landed in the hospital I told his immediate family (who are all medical professionals). I did it out of concern so they and the docs could help determine what was wrong with him, and to avoid interactions. He was furious with me for telling, but he eventually stopped for a while. He was put on massive doses of prednisode and imuran for his illness, which helped his pain, but then when they started weening him off of those I guess is when he started using again.

When I caught him using about a year after I thought he'd stopped, it turned out he'd been on methadone for a few weeks already. His mom found him out before I did and made him join the program. During that time he supposedly lost his bowl (marijuana pipe) and would be smoking *something* out of little glass tubes (he called them glass roses) stuffed with copper wire (from a "Chore Boy" scrubber). He claimed he was smoking weed to help him eat since the imuran makes him quite nauseaus, but it doesn't smell anything like weed. It smells like horrible chemicals. He also still had tons of used OCs that come in a powder form wrapped in wax paper. He said he was afraid of throwing them away and getting caught (even tho he apparently isn't afraid to go buy drugs).
I accepted this until I found a few needles, which he claimed were the old ones he had meant to exchange for his friends. He has to get blood taken regularly because of his illness, and his decreased immunity also makes the scabs and scars stay longer, so it's immpossible to tell if the marks are from him or when he has blood drawn. But they always have a verrry hard time finding his veins because due to his illness, they're collapsed. So I believed him when he said he wasn't using needles.
Next came the little glass vials with white powder remnants in them. He claimed they were cocaine for his brother.

I keep finding stuff in random places in the house, wondering why if he just has this stuff and is afraid to throw it away, why he'd be taking it out and leaving it around the house? When he was on methadone he was regularly tested for opiates and tested negative for the last few months of the program. Before all of this we'd both experimented with stuff, but I'd never tried coke and he told me he didn't really like it.

Recently I found more white powder out, and realized I'd never actually seen him take his suboxone. Since then when I ask him to take it in front of me he says he's either too tired or nauseaus, or already took it, even though he promised me he would show me. He gets all annoyed and defensive when I press it. Only one time he came up the stairs with a pill in his hand and said "here, see!" and shoved it under his tongue before I could see what it was. He says there's no way he could be doing OC on suboxone because it stays in the system for several days...

Here's the biggest kickers as of today: I finally talked to his brother (he had been telling me not because supposedly his bro didnt want anyone to know he used coke), and his bro swears my bf hasnt been getting anything for him. He says he can't do anything because he may get drug tested for a new job, and that he has no problem admitting to me that he has done coke in the past (he knew I was already aware he does other stuff too). The second thing that makes me sure my bf has been lying all these months is that i looked in this backpack where he keeps some of his drugs, and I found his bowl, which he supposedly lost, and a one-hitter, and a “female piece” to his bong, which he said he's broken. That was his excuse for smoking out of the glass roses.

So my main question is....what the hell is he doing?? Is is possible to smoke cocaine? How bad is that for you while on suboxone? Or is he just taking his suboxone sporadically and using OCs in between? Or all of the above? And how long does a dose of suboxone stay in your system? Is there anything else the white powder could be?

His new symptoms are that he doesn't sleep for days on end and then needs to sleep for like a full 24 hrs; and He and has been having horrible pain, pointing to his intestines, with occasional vomiting (some with blood), but no diarrhea and an endoscopy didn’t find anything. His docs can’t figure out if this is a new symptom of his disease or side effects from his meds. I can’t help but wonder if it’s his drug use…Please help!

well... i was on oxys and morphine for a long time. and i have done coke. and i am now on suboxone, and have been clean for 3 months. A few siple facts:
1----After you take suboxone, you cant get high on oxys for about 2 - 3 days. if you do them before that time, its like wasting your money cause you dont get high.
2---- If he's smoking out of a tube with copper coiling, its probably crack cocaine. NOBODY smokes weed like that. its made for crack cocaine, or meth...
3---- If you were high on oxys, and you took a suboxone, you would get violently sick. like puking laying on the floor, moaning, trying to rip the sink out of the wall. you have to wait about 24 hours after taking pills in order to take subs without getting sick.
4---- if hes hanging out with people that shoot up, hes probably still doing drugs. all junkies think about is drugs (it becomes there life) ...

hope this helps.

mr.guywithnoname

Hey I’m sorry to say but I was in the same situation your bf is in I am a 22 year old male. Your boy friend is smoking crack drug addicts are the most lying sly foxes that have ever been produced. Suboxone is an orange pill with an 8 on one side with a cross on the other; if he only takes the subs once in a while it doesn’t do that great of a job blocking the opiates. I would take one too early and start to go through what they call precipitated withdrawals and after that I would shoot up heroin. Your boyfriend sis lying to you. But please don’t leave him. I had a gf and when she found out how truly screwed up I was she left. And it sent me down a hell of a warpath almost killing myself multiple times if your bf is coming up clean on his drug test that doesn’t mean sh*t. Does he take state test or home kits? If he is taking home kits if you run the top under warm water cause to purity of the water it will show up right away as everything clean. I know I sound like a raging screw up. I have been clean for close to a month but have been prescribed subs for two months and I would take them when I couldn’t get drugs. Your bf though is def smoking crack. The rose is a tube with a rose in it with what they call "choi" the copper stuff. If it’s a chemical smell like almost burning metal if you leave it on the stove for too long like an empty pot or something your smelling rack. He’s not sleeping because he is doing crack. I’m sorry hope I helped. And know he’s not alone. If you live him tell him that you want to help you know what he’s doing but you wanna stand by his side. That will be the best thing for him if you don’t want him to go into a drug rages and end up dead. I’m sorry if I’m being blunt but I was there less than two months ago and I know how it goes. I used heroin and crack at the same time. so I fell for you your bf needs help tell him you love him and you will help but telling his parents I know you care but it makes it worse and he'll start down a path you may not be able to get him off of.

Sounds to me like he is using Crack Cocaine, Heroin, and OCs.

The 'glass rose' is a pipe made for smoking crack out of. Do not let him tell you that is for weed, it is not, it is for crack/ maybe meth. This is the reason why he is staying up for days on end.

The little wax paper bags - that is what heroin comes in. Oxycontins are pills and NEVER come in a bag broken up. Your boyfriend is using the heroin.

The glass vials - this is the container for the crack. He is buying those - then packing the rocks into his glass rose and smoking it.

He probably got around his drug tests, because opiates only stay in your system for 3 days or so. I have taken drug tests 7 days after using and had no problems. Also, a side note on the suboxone. Some people's bodies can handle the sub and oxy. I have personally taken a sub, and about 8 hours later took some OC and got high. Everybody is different.

Bottom line, don't let him fool you. Glass roses are for smoking crack. Vials with powder in them is the container crack is sold in. Wax paper is what heroin is sold in. Needles are probably used to shoot that heroin. It sounds like he is in some pretty deep trouble - I would do whatever you can to get him some help. Explain to family and friends all of the above drugs he is using and get him some help.

Best of luck! hope I helped

First off let me say,, DONT TELL HIS FAM!!! thats probly half the reason he's being so sneeky now about his use.. you said you had told on him before and he got mad...

allso, yes you can use coke or upers with sub... thats half the reason people that use subs usuly also start to use upers like aderol ridelin coke crack meth so on and so forth...

to me everything thats going on sounds... like he's useing but then again you suldt go pointing fingers intill you know for shere thats only going to lead to more of a problem even him knowing that you know already could also. Right now he thinks you dont know and is sneaking around hideing it witch makes it harder for him to use cause he's afraid of you finding out for all sorts of reasons.....

I would say sumthing about him smokeing crack in your face and thinking he can get it past you.... if it ever happens again i would say to him give me a hit see how he reacts.... you will know then... pluss you said you have exsperimented in the past right... another way you can tell if its crack is buy looking in the pipe if you dont see any thing in it you will know or if you dont see any ash and if hes all way puting sumthing in it cause crack with a chore boy you dont nead any ash to smoke it.. also most people pack one hit lite the top for a sec let it melt a bit then lite it again and put it to his lips to get the hit and they repeat that over and over.. if he was doing that i think you would know tho...

The white powder in the rap i wouldt go saying its Heroin he could be telling the truth sumwhat about that.. you say he or his frends use syringes right well depending on what there shuteing up usuly it will leave a rinse in the spoon witch you can scrape out and save to do again latterwitch you said he was subscribed oc's os that could of been what he saved over time from that..

another thing is is that he could be switching of on what hes useing some of the powder you see laying around could be his subs he could of not been useing anyhting but sub but how he has beeen useing it is snorting it up his nose and that is just c**p he left laying around... theres a million things that could be going on so thats why i say dont go pointing your finger...

the viles that could be cottens left from shooting but it also could be coke or crack... if its coke it shuld make your tung numb if you were to stick you finger in the powder and rub it on your tung thats how you could tell if its coke...

you also said his stumick was hurting or his blater thats probly from useing opeits.. or subs or methodone it messes up your bowel movements and makes you not poop so you get backed up over time and if you dont use your peeing out you ass lol...

sorry for splling and gramer... If i were you i would just kinda sit back and bit your tung for a wile intill he gets to trust you again and thinks he can talk to you about it or intill he feals comfterbal around you useing.. cause telling his fam or brakeing up with him or trowing him in rehab or what ever you think you could do to him just know its not going to work... i say this because he's not going to stop if he dont want to and he's not going to want to intill he sits down one day or really takes a look at him self one day and relizes for him self that he has a problem.. that then will be when he's ready to get help cause hes just going to go get cleen and end up geting out to go do it again its just want happens to adicts they have a dezzeze its really not there falt and trust me if your there with him when the time comes it will really help and also bring you to together more cause when you come off drugs you will get depressed and you emoshons will be all over you there will help trust me on this i know first hand all about it i am an adict nmy self i been trew it all and i been in and out of jail cleen for month then just start right back up out of know ware and have it be worse then the last time it wasnt till i for my self noticed i really hit the bottom of the barrel till i could stop for good the people he hangs with or that he is around the play the bigest part in his sobriety...

concernedgf2, sorry u go trugh this trouble,,
first of all, we all humans and unfortunatly lots of ppl start doing drugs, one way or other, some trugh illnes some have just addicted genes or just quriosity, thats a fact
Im gonna try anwser some of your questions and consernes, dont know if will help but hope so
If your bf stays for days without sleep its abviosley Speed (Amphetamines) or in US called crystal meth wich is more potent and dirty to add. i mean he cant be awake for days and days and not sleep if he uses opiates,, Oxys or Heroin, couse those are downers, so thats why i said it , it might be Speed,, and i doubt its a coke or crack also couse on coke one can go trough a night or two at most but not more,, and w speed is a diffrent story, so that is my opinion about your bf not sleeping

As far as Suboxon, i would suggest u make sure u give him a pill an front of your eyes, make sure he puts it under a tounge, so if he doesnt want it or he gets angry or agrivated about you giving suboxon to him that means probably he s on oxy or heroin or any other opiate and he s afraid going straight to imidiate witdraws wich can be described as goin trough hell for bout 36 hrs, so please keep that in mind, make sure u give it to him and watch him put it under the tounge and let him disolve it

Also if he takes his suboxon reegularly that means he doesnt take heroin or oxy couse it is waste of money and pills or heroin, cousse there is no high when one is on suboxon, and the pipe, like i said it can only be from crystal meth and thats wath u should confront him about, im pretty sure thats the case couse in the end u said he doesnt sleep for days and then sleeps 24hrs at once,, i know exsactly what u sayin

In the End, please dont take my anwsers and coments negative or in any way thinking im telling you what to do, im just trying to help thats all, and also sorry about my english,, after all im serbian,, but also speak many languages. been trough the world a lot in mine 34 yrs and saw a lot, thats why i tried to help couse i learned of the others (friends) and my self, i experimented all of that, so i wish you luck and to your boyfriend too, and remember there is a light on the end of the tunnel
And one more thing,...many say Suboxon is a miricle drug, wich i think it is , but it makes ppl depressed,, so there is another one called Subotex wich is pretty much the same , only difference is it does not have naloxone , the chemical thatprevents ppl from shooting, and also it seems to make ppl depressed and have mood swings.,.. on the other hand Subotex has one chemical wich is main chemical in both Suboxon and Subotex,, its called buprenophrine, if i spelled right,, and they block opiates couse they attach to pain receptors, and buprenophrine wich is partial agoinst opiate is bout 100 or more times stronger than full agoinst opiates,,, it pushes all full agoinst opiates out of pain receptors and does not alow them to atach while one is on buprenophrine
One more thing,, if he is on suboxon it means it will block only opiates but not speed or cocaine couse they uppers and have different chemical structure
Im not a doctor or professional, all what i told was put of my expiriance, so please dont take this as a medical advice,,thanx

pipes / chor-boy/ and chemicals smeling like burning metal/ plastic is crack cocaine or cocaine or meth or freebasing if theirs ash involved sometimes.
oc's in a was airplaine powder formed bag, thats heroin. im sorry to say it but thats the exact description of those two things.

concernedgf2 wrote:

I'm responding more than an year after your orig post- hope you (or someone) sees this. I've been a nurse for 3 years and worked at a 'homeless shelter' for 17 years before that. Your "BF" is very sick with addiction and his behavior (and lack of judgement) puts YOU at RISK. At the very LEAST, if there are drugs, pipes and needles around where you live, if the police come to visit, YOU go to jail !! If he is shooting/sharing needles with other people and you two are intimate / having sex, there is a VERY good chance you could get HIV/AIDS or perhaps worse, hepatitis C. Both are lifelong diseases that, in the end, truly SUCK. Please do NOT keep his secrets with other family/friends- if he is lying/playing/scamming people, or putting them/their families at risk, they deserve to know.
It is possible that for you to survive + be healthy you may have to leave this relationship and never look back.
G-d bless you, him + the whole situation.

...also, please consider going to an NA meeting (Narcotics Anon) and asking the people there (the people up front, running the mtg) for help. they're pretty wise.

don't jump to conclusions. everyone here saying that a glass tube is not used for smoking weed is full of sh*t. it's called a paperless joint. i used to put the spring from a pen int the "glass rose" and fill it with weed. you like the weed end and use a stick to push the weed toward the lit end, pushing out the ash. now, it is possible that he is using the glass tube for that and it is possible that he is using it for other drugs. again, don't jump to conclusions.

First off, the "crushed OC's" that you found in wax paper, that was heroine. That's what they sell heroine in, little wax papers kinda looks like the cover for a band-aid, they put dope in those because its so sticky that its too much work to just put it in a normal bag like cocaine. As well, hes likely smoking crack out of his little glass roses, and since u asked if u can smoke cocaine i'm not sure if your familiar with the fact that crack is a crystallized form of cocaine that is basically made so that you can smoke it instead of snorting it. most likely he isn't taking his subs, especially if hes making such a big deal about taking it infront of you. Simply ask him to take a little piece, even a quarter of the pill/film or less, but Something, and you don't swallow the subs they melt under your tongue so its kind of hard to see if hes really taking them unless you watch him and make sure he doesn't wash it out after placing it underneath his tongue. hope i helped, good luck. and of course, the glass pipe Could be for smoking weed, but since your finding cocaine or for all you know Crack, it's more likely that hes smoking that sh*t

I agree "ONE" of the drugs he uses is definitely crystal meth, this can be smoked,shot,snorted,etc and is the ONLY drug that makes one stay up for more than a few days then sleep for a few.
One thing about meth IF he is using it is he will lose weight at a ridiculous rate and will scratch himself so much sores will show up on his face/body.
and yes i have a lot of experience/knowledge about this drug.
he really needs help and i feel bad for any drug addict because most really feel lost without a answer but there is always a answer as i found out. but he really needs to want to find that answer or he will never put it into use.
good luck and god bless

Don't tell his parents , my ex gf told mine and all it did was push me further into drug use like worse then ever cause I felt so betrayed by her. Maybe now I realize it was better but I think it would have been much better to just have her support instead of her tellin and leaving. Witch almost killed me.

Very true on the people he hangs with you should not hang around old friends like that for a year or so thats how i tested my self and now it can be in the room with me and dose not bother me one bit to look at it or watch people do it suboxone is a life saver done properly. I would suggest only doing subs for 3/4 mounths max i felt good and was not taking them every day didnt crave anything and felt normal did not have any slip ups till a year later. But only because i was out of my subs i did not know i was subing one thing for another now i need subs to function everyday.. the doc did not know at the time the drug was new and he told me take it every day and dont forget. But i was better taking it hear and there to help with cravings and eventuly not taking at all till was forced to take as reconended now i feel traped again but atleast this is a battel i can win some day when im ready again... i was doing drugs sence 12/13 years old and now am 27 my body dosent know normal and im scared to feel it honestly.not the pain and feelings just how i will function.. but to me sounds like hes smoking hard aka crack. Its a whiteish yellowish sometimes almost penutbuttery looking stuff ussaly pretty hard.. and coke is more softer even in little rock forms.. and as far ad the the paper it could be h or oc i seen people fo that take one pill and put filler in it and now you have two.. but as addicts we are very deciving and we give you guilt trips wisper sweat nothings till we get what we want hope this helps...