I was diagnosed recently with polycystic ovaries I have more of them it seems and am now very concerned if ovarian cancer could be mistaken for polycystic ovaries. It is been for more than 2 years now I am trying to conceive and my blood test showed some hormones elevated especially regarding testosterone, prolactin and also some thyroid gland hormone. Anyway I have also period's problem for they are not frequent as they should be for I got my period occurring at intervals of about 40 days and even longer but also I have got hair on my dace and practically my lower abdomen is covered with hair so I need to depilate it. Anyway all those signs and symptoms were good reason to have a pelvic ultrasound and so I ended up with polycystic ovaries diagnose but am afraid if ovarian cancer could be mistaken for polycystic ovaries?

I don't think you should be worried for the ultrasound could precisely determine what ovarian cancer is and what polycystic ovary is but there are other complications that could be caused by the polycystic ovary syndrome if it is not treated but I suppose you have already got the proper polycystic ovaries treatment such as some meds that would regulate your menstruate cycle-I had once the same problem few years ago and I was prescribed some sort of oral contraceptive that consisted of combination of estrogen and progesterone which also in certain cases reduce the risk of developing endometrial cancer so basically there is a risk of developing endometrial cancer and that is why you should be taking those meds mentioned above. So basically I don't think that ovarian cancer could be mistaken for polycystic ovaries at this moment but on the other hand patients diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome are at risk of getting diabetes, hypertension and increased levels of triglyceride and cholesterol which could cause cardiovascular diseases.

cheri wrote:

i m 29 years old and i have exactly the same problem like you.i have been married for a year and trying to conceive..i have polycyctic ovaries as the reports say.i get my period occurring at intervals of about 33-35 days.I have got hair on my face and practically my lower abdomen is covered with hair. some hair are around the nipples and on the breasts also.i took some medicines but with no results.my heamoglobin is also below 8.5 .i m very worried.would you please write what treatment did you take and whether you have got some positive results?

Hey my name is michele. I got diagnosed with polysystic ovaries when i was 19. I have no symptoms of hair growing in strange places or anything like that, but i do have frequent excruciating pain...... oh my god. I went to the hospital when i was 19 i was in so much pain, i had these horrible cramps, and they did an ultrasound on me and gave me the diagnosis. i didnt have a period for a whole year. now i only have my period every like 3 months, which hey... has its benefits.... but still im really sad about the whole infertility thing. and the pain sucks. And the period is soo soo light. I have not had to use a tampon in 3 years now. But i never had any of these symptoms until i stopped taking my birth control..... My doc said that if i stay on birth control my period would come back, it will regulate my hormones, and honestly i think that it could help you ladies out a lot. It regulates the hormones so it will probably help you with the hair, pain and everything. I just choose not to take it. But i think it would really help you i know it did me.
and honestly if you are trying to get pregnant, i would think that if you took the pill, and then skipped days you would be able to get pregnant. I know a lot of my friends that missed a day of the pill and got pregnant. And if the pill gets rid of the symptoms and reduces the inflammation... then it might help to trick your body. A lot of the infertility i heard is caused by the inflamation and the pill gets rid of that, and if you miss a day of the pill then i dunno it might work. Then again im no doctor. im just putting two and two together. but i swear on my life birth control does work.

i hear that metformin helps with polysystic ovaries and helps women get pregnant