Please, can somebody help me? Today my boyfriend noticed blood in his semen. Immediately I thought that he got some sexually transmitted diseases. I was terrified. But he told me that he also had some other symptoms of urinary tract infection. Now I’m confused. Could UTI cause blood in your semen? Thanks!

Don’t panic! Yes, urinary tract infection is one of possible sources for blood in the semen. But you never can be sure if you don’t do some tests. Your boyfriend has to go to doctor and do analysis of urine and blood, and maybe also semen analysis. If he really has UTI, it will be treated with antibiotics and everything will be ok.

Hello there,

Last year my younger sister came to me with the same problem and since I had similar situation few years ago I knew the answer and how to resolve it. Namely, it was cold winter and I wasn’t taking good care of myself (I was wearing light clothes and staying out late and unfortunately drinking a lot, but in my defense I was young J).

So one day I was masturbating and I have noticed blood in my semen. Of course I was terrified and fist thing that came to my mind was STD. so I called my girlfriend and accuse her and she was so mad that she has left me. Than I have decided to visit urologist. He told me it was UTI and prescribed me with antibiotics and after few days I was fine.