Hello! I have had some problems with my hearth lately. I have been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation or irregular heart rhythm. I have been prescribed Coumadin by my doc. I am a 26 old male. I like drink beer sometimes. Can I have some problems if I use beer and Coumadin at the same time?

Best for you is to avoid alcohol while taking Coumadin. Coumadin has a strong interaction with alcohol. But if you do drink, you must limit your intake to no more than one drink a day. I must tell you one more time, if you using Coumadin and alcohol at the same time, that can increase some of the side effects of this medication.

I had my first DVT in '05. A trip to the hospital for Heprin and Coumadin for 6 months and they said you're good to go. I got my second one in Spring of '08. This one went from midcalf up to my hip (left). Surgery to blast anti-coagulates at it and more blood thinners and they sent me home. My new blood Dr did all the blood tests and basically, I guess, my liver is create clotting enzymes for no particular reason. He said they don't know why it happens and it can start/stop anytime. We're continuing to monitor any changes.
Now back to the original topic....I just turned 26 and live in a low population city in the country. Needless to say they're not much to do except drink with my friends. I here constant talk about the 'dangers' of alcohol and blood thinners, but nothing to back it up. I know it'll throw off my levels, but haven't heard anymore common dangers to keep me away from my current lifestyle (by 'drinking' I mean large quantities to get drunk). From my point of view I don't feel any different (except the pain from the PE scar tissue) which has always been their since the 1st one.
My point is, I guess, is that until someone shows me more info about these 'side affects' (I haven't seen any rashes or dizziness, etc), and I start to experience them, I'm going to continue living my life the way I see fit. So go ahead, have a few drinks if you want...it's your choice.

I understand Iv been on it for twenty years or so