I have developed hemorrhoids! I used to laugh at my friend who was telling me how awful it is when not being able to get rid of waste properly and be in pain. It sounded so unimaginable to me. I developed mine during pregnancy. I went to see a doc and he recomeded me a couple of methods of removal. I decided to go for cryosurgery. I just want to freeze them and get rid of them. Is there anybody who could tell me about cryosurgery?

I think that cryosurgery is not the smartest choice. There is so much pain involved. Believe me, I was there. The freezing is done by nitrous oxide or liquid nitrogen. Local anesthesia is used but I mostly suffered after the procedure. My wound got infected and I had some rectal discharge and odor. It was disgusting. Next time I developed hemorrhoid I used rubber bands.

yes

Just curious, now that you have tried both cryosurgery and rubber band ligation, which method is better for pain and results?

mclester wrote:

How did your surgery go?