New Reply New Topic Followed by 15 people

This may sound bad but I HAD been smoking meth for 3 days. My mouth became dry allot but I tried to stay hydrated. However, once my trip was over I couldn't talk. I went to the doctor and she said I had bronchitics and laryngitis. I have never in my life had this before. Could I have made myself sick from the meth. or is it more likely that I got it from all the sick people that I work with. Also, now that I have had this is it more likely more me to get it again in life and what could happen if I don't take care of this sickness and just continue to smoke Meth? Would I get worse and worse or what my body come immune to the meth and the effect's it is having on my throat and lungs?

I will tell you how it went for me. Almost every time I ended a meth binge, which usually lasted 2-3 days (depending on supply), I got sick. I felt horrible, and like the residue of the stuff was coating my lungs. I would cough up stuff that had a consistency thicker than glue. So in my opinion, it can certainly cause bronchitis and laryngitis. Bronchitis is essentially inflammation of the bronchial tubes, and inhaling poison into them is bound to make them inflamed. And the coughing from that, is bound to make you loose your voice (laryngitis:inflammation of the larynx-your voicebox)! Just so you know, the more you smoke it, the more sick you can count on being. And yes, your body will build up a tolerance to meth, but that only means you will do more of it. And the more you do, the harder it is to stop. I had alot of fun...but I also have scars all over to show for it. I spent hours with a needle trying to pull an invisible hair out of my skin. It is a horrible drug...please don't use it.

i think my moms doing meth. i have considered hundreds of fax i have but i read how u guys were talking about coughing stuff up thats thicker than glue. my mom always hacks and spits and says thats her spits thick as glue and stuff. about a year ago i found a pipe and a bag of crystals and she found out and told me it was incense and stuff and i was like ok. im 17 and stuff but i dk...i guess she is on meth. im just in denial. how should i approach this...i meen i want her in rehab but im scared to confront her and stuff. i think me and my grandparents and step dad are going to plan something. but my step dad doesnt know. hes at work all day. please if u have any info...HELP!!!

To the dude who suspects his mom.

The glass pipes that you can buy legally to smoke meth, are called incense burners, similar to the way bongs are sold as "tobacco water pipes". No one uses these pipes to burn incense, and no incense looks like glassy crystal shards. BE SCARED to confront her, meth addicts, especially when you threaten what they live for (believe me, they live for it- that is how it works, flippin switches in your mind to make -altering it so that it is number one priority, above friends, family, and any real chance of happiness) She'll flip possibly violently and dangerously. If you really want or have to do somethin betta let your step dad know. Believe me I know, I currently smoke "ICE" and have lost many friends to it, to jail, to mental wards, and to death. stay safe and stay careful.

Alanon is a wonderful group of people who are or have lived with a loved one with the disease of alocholism or addiction. It is a program that works the same 12 steps as Alocholics Anonymous. It helps you to live your life in a way that is sane whether your loved one is drinking/ using or not. I cannot say enough good about the program, and it is free. You can find groups near you through your local health department. Alanon and AA are both excellent programs

My ex uses meth, we were engaged and had lived 2gether for 6 months. Be careful, they'll lie, manipulate, bagain, cheat, steal and end up taking you down with them. She became very violent even after she pled guilty to domestic violence with me. IT DOES NOT STOP. And you cannot change or fix them, (go to alanon or CODA if you have anyone in your life who does this hellacious drug.) I now have a restraining order on her and am terrified for the safety of myself and my son. It is the most evil drug in my opinion, the relationship lasted for nearly 2 and a half years and you really get sucked in. BE CAREFUL!

At one point in my life I was completely hopeless, out of control, and missing. I had scars on my arms and legs from the cuts that I inflicted on myself just to be able to feel something. I was smoking crystal meth and snorting Oxycontin daily. My life was spent dancing on a pole letting men feel all over me just to be able to afford the next hit that I was going to take in the clubs bathroom. My body had just become a thing to me, respect for myself did not exist instead it was replaced by a false sense of confidence that I exuded to all those who came in contact with me. I hated my parents, my life, and myself. I thought I was crazy- bipolar, schizophrenic, manically depressed, and every other thing I could self diagnose myself with by looking on the internet. It was to the point of misery that I don't even think Mr. Webster has words to describe. I lashed out at everyone and everything around me. I did drugs to feel what I thought was normal but my problems and emotional distress went far beyond the drug use itself. The drugs were my comfort, my last problem I thought. On October 9, 2005, I hit that "bottom" that you hear people who have struggled with addiction talk about. I remember the moment like it was yesterday. I had this sudden realization that I was sitting in a hospital..all alone..high..and wondering why I was covered in blood. Where were my "friends"? The same people that I had considered my family because my family had shut me out emotionally since the time I was 14?? You know those same people that were there with me everynight while we got high??
The doctor came in and let me know that last hit I had taken had killed my unborn child. I hit the floor in utter panic for I was so lost in myself I had never even know that I was pregnant much less even beyond my first trimester. Trembling and hysterical I called my mother and she of course didn't belive me, because like a typical addict- lies flowed out of me like it was my native language. I left that hospital with the numbest feeling that started in the roots of my hair all the way down to the soles of my feet. I was slowly realizing that I had no clue what I was doing, who I was, or of anything I wanted to be. Emily, as I thought I knew her, was gone. I had become the drug- you might as well renamed me Crystal. I left that hospital drove home and layed in bed- not crying..not speaking...just staring at the ceiling completely inside myself trying to search for something anything that was left of who I used to be. I needed anything to cling on to..just to know that I was still alive. I called my mother once again and between falling to the floor because my 82 pound body was so weak without the drugs, I uttered the words "I am ready...I need help." Within the hour she had plane tickets for me to fly to her house. I left everything- my clothes, my car, my jewelry, EVERYTHING -- I barely made it to the airport falling over and trembling the whole way. I got escorted on to the plane and arrived in Florida. My mom took me off the plane and immediately started yelling at me. I couldn't belive her response. I thought she would be happy to see me and glad that I was attempting to get help. The cycle of our conversation was repeatedly she yelled...I stared blankly at her...she questioned why...I numbly just would answer I don't know. She put me on the phone with a man named Paul Weiss, at
Narconon Arrowhead in Oklahoma. He was trying to describe a program to me that would "help me get my life back"..but all I could hear was blah blah blah and so I would repeatedly hang up on him because I was just sooooo tired. At the airport the next day I got in an all out screaming war with my stepfather, who was putting me on a plane to go to rehab in Oklahoma. It was not because I didn't want the help, I just honestly didn't think it was possible to help me. I thought I was meant to be this completely miserable person that I must have a chemical imbalance or some other thing that taking medication would cure. His words to me were "Fine I will buy you a plane ticket back to Lafayette, Louisiana but don't you dare ever talk to us again because you are already dead." He put it in such a manner that I realized that from the outside someone could see just exactly how I was feeling on the inside. I had felt like this for many years but no one could ever tell. I was a master manipulator and could hide it and put on a front that I was confident, happy, and secure like anyone you had ever seen. My mask was ripped away from me in that moment and all my fears and insecurities were layed out in front of everyone at the Continental airport ticket counter. I begged him to please buy me a ticket to Oklahoma I would go...I would have done anything at that moment. I was absolutely miserable, so miserable that the idea of killing myself just seemed like it would take too much energy to accomplish. I took the flight to Oklahoma entered into the doors on
Narconon Arrowhead and from that moment Emily, the real Emily started to come out of hiding. I had abused myself so much that I hid from myself.
Now 3 years later- I have never looked back. I have no remorse for things I have done because it has made me the person I am today-- I am unbelievably happy, confident, and healthy. I have formed relationships with my family that even before I started using drugs were not even possible. I am a dedicated, responsible mother of a beautiful 18 month old son. I have gone to college and a future that cannot be taken away from me. I no longer experience depression instead I have a healthy way to embrace saddness. I have learned how to talk to people and form meaningful relationships that don't just dwindle down to nothing within a few months. I owe my life and happiness to
Narconon and the methods it uses.

If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, PLEASE get them help! Narconon was an amazing program and it allowed me to heal myself. If you have any questions, please email feel free to contact me ***

**edited by moderator**

emily, i just read your story and cried all the way through it .You are a brave amazing person to share your story. I was looking for a posting on bleeding in pregnancy and came acroos this by clicking on the wrong subject. I am pregnant, I feel so bad for you having to go through learning you had just lost your child alone. I'm happy to hear you have been able to move on and become a mother. I hope you continue your journey in life as happy as you must be now. Thank you for sharing your inspiring story. Good luck with the rest of your life.

i want to quit smoking meth. i woke up today after smoking yesterday with a runny nose, sore throat, watery eyes, and just now a small nose bleed...im tired of the comedowns and i dont know y i do it.....the high isnt even enjoyable to me anymore....its just.....there....but i just cant say no to it even tho i know it wont do me any good.

Guest wrote:

I'm really glad to hear that you want to quit smoking meth. Have you spoken to anyone about this yet or is this the first you've gotten to talk about it? I think that it would be a great idea for you to do so because it can be very destructive and painful for you to keep doing it. Have you talked to your doctor or to a treatment program or anything like that? PLease let me know how you're doing and how it goes for you because I think it can be a very powerful step for you to take.

I smoke meth, and I smoke a lot more than I should, but everytime I'm high my eyes seem to always bother me and I pick at them. About 2 weeks ago I noticed there was a mucus-like discharge coming out of my eyes and I was a little worried, but then this morning I was laying in bed talking to my boyfriend and all of a sudden my right eye was completely swollen. He mentioned it so I looked in the mirror and I had crystals completely encircling my eye in between my eye ball and the skin. We went through and got them out without harming my vision, but could anyone explain to me what that was? He suggested "meth eye", and I went to look it up and can't find it anywhere. If you also know what that is could you please inform me? Thank you

I have no idea what the heck meth eye is but your boyfriend probably is not the best resource for that anyway. Sorry, I don't mean that to sound judgemental--I'm not a medical professional either! I think that the picking at your eye is what is causing the problem. YOu may have picked at your eye in your sleep which lead to the problem you describe. Can you see a doctor about this? I think it might be a good idea because it sounds like it needs treatment. Let me know, okay?

I just read the Emily story, it reminds me of my life in so many ways its not even funny. My mother died in 2006 on my birthday of an overdose..which was really suicide come to find out later. Then, 2 weeks later my grandmother died (who raised me my whole life). My mom, who was a wonderful person suffered from addiction also. When she was younger her own father (my papaw) tried to touch her when she was a little girl. When she got older i guess she just got in with the wrong crowd and started getting wild which later ended up as addiction. When she got older my papaw would give her drugs so she would mess around with him and she did. She tried to get clean when i was about 7 years old and i remember her trying to tell the family the truth, the truth about her own dad trying to rape her and that she was just so messed up and needed rehab. Nobody believed her..her own mother didn't wanna except the fact that he did it. Well years went on and my grandma (her mom) got sick, she was dying... so mom ended her life too.
Which leads to my story. I was your typical teenager going to school and living life. I had gotten high before of course..i was using cocaine and oxycontin at the age of 15. I would party with my mom all the time before she died, but never NEEDED anything...i just used drugs for the fun of it maybe like 7 or 8 times a year, if that. But when i walked up on my mommy laying there dead, something changed in me. I was so depressed i had just lost my mother,grandmother, the only people in the world that really loved me. I dreaded moving in with my grandfather so bad, knowing the things that he did to my mom..and the things i knew he'd try on me. Only 2 weeks after his own wifes funeral he asked me if i'd take naked pictures for drugs,money,etc. My world was falling apart and i became so depressed because i knew i couldn't tell anybody. Nobody believed mommy and nobody would believe me. I stayed high all the time as much as i could and ended up getting married at the age of 16 so i wouldn't have to live with my grandfather and so i could get high and not worry about reality anymore. Now im 18 and nothing has changed...I used to be so pretty and now im underweight, depressed, and back at my grandfathers afraid to come out of my room unless he is gone. I've been awake for 7 days on meth. Everything about me is crying out for help but my family thinks that im the bad guy here because im on drugs but i know that they wouldn't understand. I just wish that day mom confessed to them everything, that someone actually listened instead of being in denial. I can't blame all of this on anyone but me. This is my own fault after all. I just wish i knew a direction to go.

The answers will become clearer to you. I know that might sound like a bunch of foolishness but it's true--as time goes on, you'll be able to figure out what's needed, and you'll get it together. Trust me, a lot of people have been there and you will figure it out, okay? Does that help you out at all?

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

i need some insight on ways to help with the withdrawls of meth my litte brother went to kansas chasing after a female an ended up hooked on meth/ice...we finally have got him back home in Va . it's been 30 days since he has been..he came home got really sick then started getting 'addorell " of the street since he been home he has the cough and his neck/glands are swollen and is has a fever as of today.we don't what to do .. is there any type of medice that he could take to help with his withdrawl cause i know addorol is just a replacement for the ice/meth use.he is right now on the couch sweating with a fever and coughin c**p from his throat how long will this last and help will do please and thank you in advance