New Reply New Topic Followed by 15 people

Pretty sure when your own meth you dont sleep.

Did you handle the meth by hand before using?. If so, then you had some on your hand. Also, some dealers use cuts like the horse vitamin MSM because it has plenty of the same "quality" characteristics(crack back, bonding, looks, etc.) as meth. MSM actually helps your body clean out unknown substances you ingest. For example, it causes prefuse sweating (this XBOX One controller has my hands sweating as I type this lol) and you sweat out the meth so the high wears off sooooooo much quicker. That causes you to use more often and you come crawling back to purchase more. I'd say your eyes then came in contact with your meth contaminated hands during picking. Be a big girl and stop using before you blind yourself and become dependent on someone else holding the flame just to get your fix.

I am a moderate yet chronic user of 30 years. What I mean by this is that I use every single day without fail but I don't binge. I go to sleep almost every single night. I continue living my life as I would without it. When I was a teenager I went overboard of course but as it turns out, I'm just way too dedicated an addict to do something that would bring an abrupt end to a party I don't ever plan on not attending. The funny thing about addiction to me is that most don't use like this. They let it own them instead and sure enough, in one way or the other, they spiral out of control and can't ever party again.

When I say party by the way, what I mean is really just to feel at home in my skin and perhaps that's why I am able to use the way I can. It doesn't "tweak" me out, I don't even feel my heart beat increase when I use. It HELPS me sleep, as opposed to hindering it and helps me to concentrate. Maybe I am one of those people who would benefit from adderall but the medical community isn't quite cutting edge in that regard and even though I'm a high functioning and very sane and healthy woman, at the age of 41, those clinicians I have spoken with still won't prescribe adderall to me because I have "SA". Not really. I have a use disorder which is different than an addiction and maybe this is because they won't allow me to try something that might work a bit better for my ADD. How often do you hear situations like this? 30 years of DAILY use? No negative ramifications? If I was a Dr. (and I will be in 2 more years actually) what I would hear from this testimony is that I am ABSOLUTELY a perfect candidate for adderall. I guess it pisses me off that I'm still going to the ghetto to buy a bag of sh*t as if I was a child instead of having something prescribed to me that I obviously benefit from and could take in a cleaner form without the risks of getting pulled over as I drive the baggie home, going to bad neighborhoods and getting batches that have chemicals both known and unknown to me mixed within them.

Anyway, meth use doesn't have to be the after school special you saw in high school. As a matter of fact, I don't think what "type" of drug a person uses is what creates the extreme and debilitating changes experienced by users, I think it's temperament because if it wasn't meth, they would go overboard with heroin, or coke, or cookies or cake. An addict does everything they love on overdrive. Lives can be just as easily destroyed with an extreme shopping habit. Another problem is that the world isn't being honest yet to one another about what "actually" constitutes the human condition. Extreme sadness, mania, paranoia, anxiety, shame, guilt, dissociative states, hysteria....these aren't mental disorders..we would like to think so...and this is our mistake because these things are all just another spot on a continuum with regard to the human condition. There are no cures for ANY of those things I just mentioned. They wax and wane, become more intense and then completely dissappear to perhaps come back again another time or never. As long as we find the human condition unacceptable, we will always be out of control.

When people start taking responsibility for their behavioral and emotional triggers, have ownership of their struggles and practice basic mindfulness without the need to judge everything they look at, using and continuing to live can go hand in hand. It's ok to have problems. It's ok to be crazy (and honestly I feel sorry for those who aren't a bit touched because there is more value in pain and struggle with regard to how much LIGHT can be found on the other side that would have never existed without it). We cause so much more damage to ourselves in the long run when trying to escape pain. People spend so much energy keeping those things that they fear most in the world just out of reach, so that this fear is literally always there, a millimeter away. Why not instead practice tolerating pain, without feeling the need to label ourselves, or judge whether we are crazy or not and understand that there is value in it and that life isn't supposed to be easy and that as a matter of fact most of us "prone to addiction" types, would be bored senseless if it was. The most horrible things I have ever experienced have contained more horror than the simplicity of addiction...addiction is a result more than it's a cause. We need to stop running and we also need to stop chasing the notion of safety, because it doesn't exist and thinking that it does, actually puts us more in harms way than anything else does.

That's my 2 cents.

Sadly there isnt really any medicine that can help with withdrawels. Just more meth. And as far as how long it will last it really depends on how bad he was using. Id say 2 to 3 days

The best things to help u deal with a meth withdrawal is eat plenty of food some some good weed and take a Xanax and stay hydrated is the most important thing to remember

Pop a xan

Far what amazing storey it touched me reading this I smoke meth and I'm trying my hardest to give up a lot of things been happing in my life reading this is making me realise thankyou for your storey.:( :)

Withdrawling from meth is just as horrible as heroin. But there are ways that you can tolerate the geumos,and shaliness and the I'm I feeling. You want to drink as much fluids as possible to get it completely out of your system. It helps you not sleep till you feel better and also with the shakiness. And if it gets to bad you can,always talk to your primary care Dr and can give,you something for,the rest . gl on your road to recovery I hope that you stick with it

I found out ny nom was on meth when i was 14 i beged her to stop abd she bever did bye the time ny 15 birthday came around i started to do whag she was doing hopeing to catch her att but it only mad things worse geg her to a rehab now befor she is too far gone to even care

We're you touching the meth with your bare hands ( I never do) well did I've been clean for over a month but maybe the meth little shards were sticking to your fingers then you transplanted them by touching your eyer