I was a regular soda drinker until I ran into some shocking facts. When I think of it now, I realize that I never thought about what it could be in sodas. Now that I do, I stay away. I just wanted to share with you guys what I found out. The main soda ingredients are sugar, which raises insulin production, cholesterol, causes weight gain, etc; phosphoric acid that prevents our bodies from using calcium possibly leading to softening of the teeth and bones aka osteoporosis; notorious aspartame used in diet drinks that has been linked to cancer risk, birth defects. Diabetes, etc; tap water that contains many chemicals and caffeine that could cause hypertension, jitters, problems sleeping, etc. now, one can of coke or any other soda contains 10 sugar teaspoons, around 50 mg of caffeine, 150 calories and lots o artificial food colors.

I agree that we should definitely cut down on sodas. Have you ever put a piece of meat in a glass full of coke and watched what coke does to meat? Try it! I can only imagine what it does to our bodies and organs. I have quit drinking sodas!