Hi to all the sufferers like me out there. I also agree with others it is hormonal and stress related as no matter what the doctors say it only happens to me when I am going through a tough time in life! I have tried everything from antibiotics, topical solutions, fucidin cream, even chemical peels. Chemical peels were last resort years ago after severe scarring depressed me and I must say chemical peeks are not a nice experience but worth it in the end mind you bloody expensive so had to put it on a credit card! The peels help get of old dead skin and lessen scars but not permanent removal of scars but makes them and your skin look better. I have just recently had a bad flare up after coming off of the pill 6 months ago and being stressed so now more stressed with painful lumps. Doctor has prescribed fluxcloxacililin as said bacterial skin infection needs attacking from within to bring the painful lumps down right now I have 1 massive one in my check, side of my nostril and the other too the side of my nose close to my eye. I am taking this short course of antibiotics but I refused to take the longer courses as more side effects than results so I would rather not risk it. Been referred to a dermatologist again for what it's worth as nhs will just want to prescribe you rouoctanne which I won't take tried that years ago. If you don't have medication from your gp then I also suggest ibroufen as reduces inflammation too. My suggestions are try to destress yourself by excercise and if cash flows a problem do a yoga DVD at home and go for a fast walk or jog as often as you can. Ice cube in kitchen towel pressed for 15 seconds at a time in the lumps also helps a bit as numbs it and reduces swelling. Heated cotton pad when it's itching as chances are a head is trying to form so heat will bring it out but try not to squeeze as makes it ten times worse trust me! If you can afford private get a cortisone shot to bring lump down but they do leave scars and chemical peels and maybe laser treatment down the line for scarring but costs far too much. Make sure all your products are oil free. Face wash oil free Clinique one or all simple products are great to use as oil free! I also use polishing citrus cleanser from herbalife as I am a distributor and was advised this would help and is helping good products along side once or twice a week the herbalife skin purifying mint clay mask help drawing out all the c**p from deep in your skin. Use an oil free moisturiser too simple or Clinique maybe. Then apart from that drink plenty of water cut back on bad foods & try to look after yourself inside and out. Be positive and think it could be worse and you and your skin will improve in time. Good luck all.

Hi it's me again since this post my cystic acne had got worse another cluster and flare up on my chin!! So painful taking ibroufen and ice on it and using these salycidic acid pads by a brand called image once every other day they smell awful and sting like mad but wears off after a few minutes and helps dry them evil things out. Went nhs Dermotology and was advised take 3 mths worth of another tablet went to take but haven't yet as since then went to my go as tummy cramps and missed my period! Only had spotting for 6 days instead of period they think I may be pregnant!! I doubt it as been safe but had a blood test and waiting for a scan. Did a test at home and said negative so can't be but if not then it could be just hormones messes up after being on pill too long or may be PCOS which I am praying it's not. Will keep this updated.