I am curious what means cystic ovarian neoplasm for that is what my latest pelvic ultrasound showed and I am scheduled for the surgery in 10 days for I am diagnosed with endometrioma of left ovary. I had strong pain in my lower abdomen that was enabling me to walk lately for it has grown big as the ultrasound has shown. The thing is that I am afraid of some possible complications or of the possibility if this cystic ovarian neoplasm could be a cancer so what do you think?

If it is about endometrioma than it is not ovarian cancer related for those forms of cystic ovarian neoplasm are usually benign though of course some ovarian cystic neoplasm could be malignant that is cancerous but in the cases of endometrioma it usually is not the case. You in fact have developed the cyst that is caused by the endometriosis that is a condition manifested in growing the uterus cells out of your uterus so this sort of cystic ovarian neoplasm actually attach to the outer side of the ovary and keeps growing and the surgery is the only effective opt. my sis had this sort of cystic ovarian neoplasm about 10 years ago and though they needed to remove her right ovary he has managed staying pregnant even few years after the removal of endometrioma and the biopsy result showed it was not malignant and she is doing just fine now.