I know we've been through this, and I still don't understand. Can someone please offer me a logical reason we do this?? I hate it..... :evil:

So the rooster can sleep later in the morning

I hate it..... :evil:
Isn't this reason enough? Just kidding. It irks me, too. The dogs have no concept of time change so they wake me up at whatever hour their internal clocks are set to. And it never aligns with the time change.

cheryl.....please don't start.....the last two mornings with my sons have been miserable. My oldest son does not do well with any change and dst is top of his sh*& list right now. :x

Daylight Time Conspiracy. If one can see his way clear to accept the premise that "Government can give people nothing which it has not already taken away from them," the rest follows as surely as cappuccino gets into the mustache. Daylight Savings Time involves 1)TAKING an hour from every American in April (the fact that this is done under cover of night should alert anyone with half a brain that something is amiss,) and B) GIVING the hour back in October to the survivors. During the course of six months, tens of thousands of senior citizens, accident victims, and other red-blooded Americans have the misfortune to die. If they die during the Daylight Savings Time months, they die an hour early. Their lives, tragically cut short by death, are cut an hour shorter by DST. WHERE DOES THIS TIME GO? My father-in-law inspired this quest of mine. I noticed that no matter whether one Sprung forward or Fell back, my wife's Dad managed to lose an hour. During each of these occurrences, he was engaged in worry over his Social Security. This realization made all the pieces fit -- suddenly I realized that the government is stockpiling our time, borrowing an hour from each of us at zero interest and paying back only those fortunate enough to still be alive in October. Have you ever wondered how members of Congress can vacation among their constituents, go on fact-finding junkets to the Caribbean, campaign for reelection AND constantly create new bad legislation? It isn't difficult -- they have plenty of time! Did you ever wonder why Senators build up such impressive retirement benefits in a single term? For them that term is well over twenty years! What will become of America if we give the government 250 million hours outright? It's still not too late. Or early.

Sorry, I have slept late 2 mornings in a row. I'm cranky. :x

It changes because I need a good reason to use that headlight on my bike.

Jrjo, you're on a roll today... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

There is no real logical reason for DST. More info can be found here, but the real reason is simply to conserve daylight. By pushing more light into the evening when more people are awake, it was assumed that societal productivity would increase. Plus, believe it or not, it's federal law. But I think it's all a bunch of hooey. :P

Its federal law?? But aren't there states that don't do it? Like Indiana? Witness Flarunner?

"By 1966, some 100 million Americans were observing Daylight Saving Time based on their own local laws and customs. Congress decided to step in to end the confusion and establish one pattern across the country. The Uniform Time Act of 1966 (15 U.S. Code Section 260a) [see law] which was signed into Public Law 89-387 on 12 April 1966, by President Lyndon Johnson, created Daylight Saving Time to begin on the last Sunday of April and to end on the last Sunday of October. Any State that wanted to be exempt from Daylight Saving Time could do so by passing a State law. The Uniform Time Act of 1966 established a system of uniform (within each time zone) Daylight Saving Time throughout the U.S. and its possessions, exempting only those states in which the legislatures voted to keep the entire state on standard time. In 1972, Congress revised the law to provide that, if a State was in two or more time zones, the State could exempt the part of the State that was in one time zone while providing that the part of the State in a different time zone would observe Daylight Saving Time. The Federal law was amended in 1986 to begin Daylight Saving Time on the first Sunday in April."

And now the wackos in Massachusetts want to change to Atlantic time. Like I need another reason to stay away from MA.

When I worked for a state senator we actually got a letter from an elderly woman asking us to exempt Texas from daylight savings because...and how could I make this up?--the extra hour of daylight was hard on her roses. We spent days going :LOL: