My husband had a hemorrhoidectomy on Jan 25 and is still recovering. He is having a vast amount of trouble with leakage that has caused a terrible "diaper rash" for lack of a better expression. He has tried various diaper rash treatments (Boudreaux's, Desitin, etc.) without improvement and I was wondering if anyone with a similar experience had suggestions.

Thanks.

hi, the leakage will be very irritating to the delicate skin in this area, the best way to keep the irritation under control is to be very vigilant about cleaning and drying the skin gently with hypoallergenic products, applying a heavy duty barrier cream to limit the skins exposure to leaked fluids and if possible to allow the area to air dry whenever possible as the constant presence of pads on the skin can be just as irritating. if you still have no joy then speak to your doctor to ensure there is no infection present, they may be able to recommend some products you otherwise may not have access to. hope this helps.

Did this end up healing?? I had the surgery 12 days ago and I have the worst diaper rash from it :( Please help!