New Reply New Topic Followed by 23 people

A study did shown that light color eyes are actually a birth defect and are more prone to dialeted eyes due to the fact that they are more sensitve. ( I have blue eyes myself) but my son has dark brown eyes and he is two he is on a few diff meds for asthma but just recently I noticed his pupils are dialeted and have stayed like that. So I have made him a appointment with his ped to c what it is I do know it could he his eye muscles are weak due to being premature but I thought it would already show

Crazy, my life exactly. Always jokingly told im on drugs, eyes only shrink in sunlight. I have bad vision, eye doctors have never even questioned it.

I am blue eyed and have the same condition. I have gone to jail for public intoxication because the cop did the eye thing wuth the pen and I failed. He asked if I ever had head injurues, I was born with hydrocephalus and my shunt got broken in a car wreck a few years back aand in March 2015 someone struck me in the head almost killing me. I died 29 minutes on the operating table. They did brain surgery, I am told beacause I have hydrocephalus. I guess I will always be harrassed by cops because of my dilated pupils.

My 11 year old son has blue eyes and is gifted. Not until he was recently diagnosed with severe OCD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder have I noticed his eyes are constantly dilated to the point that you can't tell they are blue. I have yet to get an answer as to why. He has suffered several bouts of Strep, pneumonia, and a lifelong GI tract problem. I believe the OCD, GAD, illnesses and GI tract issues are interlinked but I have no idea if they play a part in his dilated pupils.

I have dilated pupils and I am looking up why I do and I read this but I'm 13 and it hasn't gone away so if u he has trouble seeing long distance I recommend glasses or even just get a eye check

Ive had dialated pupils ever since i can remember. I did notice on days where im really ill that they are worse ( ill as in i feel like fainting or weak, Fatigued, cant sleep, nausea all the time & sometimes vomiting, also tingling in skin like needles). Havent been diagnosed by any of the hundreds of doctors ive seen but these symptoms hit me all of a sudden when i was 24. Im now 30 & the only thing that helps my pupils & illness is adrenal stability supplements. After a week of taking them my body normalizes a lot more & so do my pupils thanks to the nice asian man at the vitamin store. He can tell more about me than any doctor ive seen just from looking at me. Im guessing i might have an adrenal problem or dysfunction but i hear its hard to diagniose through test. I ran out of adrenal vitamins for about 5 days & i am so sick again barely able to even walk i feel like im going to faint. But i have now so i should feel better in a few days

I've dealt with this disorder since birth... It is a struggle... It is a difficult thing to deal with in life and it causes issues of different kinds.... But there is nothing you can do for it... They have have no answers to being born with it other than the possibility of fetal alcohol syndrome.. Head injuries can cause it also as well as medications...

I have grey blue eyes and red hair.... Mine are permanently dilated and have been since birth.. Mine do not constrict.. They are fixed... And I am the only one ever in my family gene pool to deal with this... It is not hereditary

In my sons case, he was recently diagnosed with PANS. It's a little known autoimmune syndrome caused by pneumonia where his own antibodies are attacking his brain. This has many symptoms​, among them dilated pupils. On a large course of supplements, LDN, antibiotics, and Prozac. Dilated pupils have improved, they are dilated only when he is extremely stressed.

I have been told large pupils can also mean you have a diseased pancreas.

I have a 10 year old daughter with red hair and blue eyes. Her pupils have been large since birth. A nurse once asked me if she had down syndrome because of that (and she doesn't). Her vision seems to be fine. My eyes are blue also but the only thing about mine are they change from gray to dark blue.

You say that you put him in homeschooling following the incident yet you say he struggled in school afterwards. Don't you think that the drastic changes to everyday life, an unqualified teacher(as most homeschool teachers are), and an impulsive parent may be to blame more than a bumped head. I would not worry unless there are true signs of a brain Injury which you should research more thoroughly.

Pupils that are constantly dilated can indicate adrenal fatigue. This can come about from chronic stress. I would suggest going to a nutritionist to treat this. Western medical tests usually don't catch this and Western medical doctors don't believe that it is a real thing. It is very real and can cause concentration problems, anxiety, insomnia, depression, sleeping too much, trouble waking up.