I had a closed hemorrhoidectomy on 13 January, it's been for months now, I don't have any pain but feel discomfort as if i have something inside that shouldn't be there. Has anyone experienced this? My BMs are ok, I'm just aware of this discomfort all the time. Could it be scar tissue? I saw my doctor 3 months after the op he wasn't very helpful, he had a look outside but not inside, I'm worried.

I'm sorry to hear that visiting the doctor was not helpful but it might be a good idea to investigate it further either with him or with a different doctor. If you are still feeling discomfort while having a bowel movement then that is something to look into for sure! It could be scar tissue, but it's hard to speculate. It's good to know that you've largely recovered though. Keep us posted on the diagnosis.

Hi:
It sounds like a second opinion is due here. I am glad that you are no longer in pain. I hear a lot of stories about the post-op pain from this type of surgery. Get a second opinion right away. Surgery should make you feel better. Don't settle for not having an answer. Keep looking for a doctor that will answer your questions. Try a different medical group. I'm sure you will find what you need. I hope you get answers soon. Let us know.