Hello all

I'm pretty new to the whole smoking marijuana scene, having only smoked it twice now, and am experiencing some odd longterm effects I can't really understand.

I smoked on Saturday (~5 hits), fooled around, crashed, and awoke to notice I felt a strange dizziness and difficulty in concentrating on things. My peripheral vision is seemingly in slow motion and my eyes quickly jolt around (eg. reading text on white backgrounds is difficult because my eyes want to jump all over the text in no given order). Simply put, its almost like a very weak high. This same feeling was evident the first time I smoked, but it only lasted for the entirety of the day following.

I still feel this effect from Saturday... 4 days ago.

Aside from the odd visual problems and dizziness etc. everything else in my body is behaving normally. I can think well, having already taken 2 finals while the effect was evident, and I have no unusual pain in my body.

Interestingly, the effect seems to completely dissappear if I need to focus/strain my mind. Taking tests or during difficult classes the entire sensation seems to dissappear. It's worst immediately following sleeping or watching TV.

Has anyone else experienced this sensation? If so, how long did it last because quite frankly I'd rather not feel like this in public places and in school? And lastly, is there anyway to flush my body or perhaps get rid of this feeling?

Thanks so much in advance.

hey man i feel the exact same way...i smoked 3 days ago hittin a large pipe taking about a total of 4 strong big hits. Everyday since that day I have been dizzy my head feels heavy, my eyes are jumpin around everywhere, when I turn my head or body it somewhat twitches. and I can't concentrate on things. I hope this effect will go away. The other friends i had smoked with didnt get that effect except me I really hope this feeling goes away as I feel the same way as you. :-(

did you find out what it was....i'm having the same problem and its been about 5 days now and i don't know what it is, or how to fix it

Hey, I might have something similar...

I'm a very occasional smoker, I smoke once every 3 months, tops. I've also smoked larger quantities without experiencing any unpleasant effects. However, I have had a few quite scary "bad trips" years back after smoking marijuana, so I might be someone sensitive to it.

Anyway.... two days ago I smoked maybe 1/5 of a joint and I got quite high, nothing scary though, I was just quite relaxed. Then after 4 hours, I felt like the effects had passed so I decided it was fine to start drinking, so I did... At the end of the night, I was simply drunk and went to bed and had no problem.

But the next morning, when I woke up, It felt like my head was a little heavy, and I noticed that I had a lack of balance/coordination and I was dizzy. I didnt pay much attention to it at first, but then as the day went by, the effects stayed with me. Now I'm starting to get scared. The morning after when I woke up and I still have the exact same effects. It's been over 35 hours now and I've never heard of or experienced anything similar, even 24 hours after the "bad trips" I've experienced in the past. I can think quite clearly but the feeling is quite irritating.

Anyone know if that's normal or when it passes ?
Thanks

I'd like to start off by saying I am not a long term user of pot and have probably only smoked about 20 times in my life (im 20)

About a month ago I had a very bad panic attack from smoking a large quantity of weed (dro) and I really freaked out. For the next two days I was still a little out of it and had similar symptoms as I do now. But within 3 days it wore off and then I felt fine after that.

Since I figured that "bad trip" was just a one time thing, I started back up smoking when my dad went out of town on buisness. I smoked saturday, monday, thursday, and friday. A total of 4 times in a week for the first time since my bad experience. Everything seemed normal after that until the next night (saturday night) when I felt the same feelings you described.

Tomarrow will make the seventh day I have felt like this. My head feels a little heavy, I have a hard time focusing on things, and I feel as if I am moving in a slower motion while doing tasks like getting dressed and getting up from bed. It is so annoying and I really hope this goes away!

I will keep you updated on my progress as time goes on.

On a side note I work out constantly and have less than 8% body fat. I felt this information would be important because I have heard people talking about marijuana lingering in ones fat cells which I do not know if this would factor into these effects of the pot.

Damn everyone stop bitching about how you think you're screwed up from weed days after smoking, it's just the effects of cannabis it dulls your thinking for 1-4 days or so, makes your vision in HD, and you lose focus on things because of its chemicals. You're all fine it goes away eventually shitbags

Ever heard of Placebo effect? Some people in this thread could benefit from looking it up.

Im not dismissing what people are saying, its just worth considering.

I would generally agree with the last couple posts... get over it!!!

But...

I've been smoking off and on for 20 years, probably longer than many of you have been alive. I've had a relatively consistent year of smoking with no problems. But the last couple months I have noticed way more dizziness and loss of balance.

I've been getting the heavy spins for the last month, like just before you pass out. I was laying down today when they happened, so I figured I would "ride them out" and see if I actually did pass out... nope, just 2-3 minutes of watching my ceiling hit the floor over and over and over again. In 20 years I have never had anything like that happen 3 days after smoking.

There is a lot of sh!t growers can put on their plants... another reason for legalization. I'm laying off until I can guarantee the purity of my source.

This is silly. I wish weed had an effect days later.

your normal in like 2 hours. Get over it.

Hey guys I wanna said that I don't smoke but I try it 5 time and never feel no effect after 3 days a go when me and my girlfriend went and try it again...let me tell you I don't like the feeling i get I feel like I was going to die and I start panicking when I speak my word just sounded stupid I thought I was losing my mind I went online and see what are the effect and I find out that they call it D.P and it been 3 days. it happen on Monday At 1:32pm and now has I'm writing you this I feel Dizzy and I cant stop my vision from moving slow and I don't eat as much as I use to its like nothing is real no more I feel better then the first time it happen but I want to know when will I be completely normal again cause I'm scared....Please tell me what do to... :( :( :( :(

I'll take what you're smoking

I feel the same way, I took marijuana it was called dream_....something I don't remember,  but real slowly I'm feeling better. It is the worst place to be in because you don't want to be high anymore you want your mind in control, (the way it used to be). People say to GET OVER IT but the truth is that if they were feeling what you're feeling they would say otherwise. Smoking was one of the biggest mistakes in my life, Its f**ks up you, your judgment, your mind and it also has the ability to hurt your studies if you're in school. Smoking tears up your body and your family, sounds stupid (I know) but its so true.
                                                      Ps. Just some friendly advice, Do not try smoking again because you don't want to go through the hair pulling, belly wrenching symptoms, just try to sweat it out.

From your friendly simple 16 year old. 

This is what i like to call  being, "baked over" its the same concept as being hungover but not so negative. its pretty much the lingering amount of cannabinoids and thc molecules that your body still hasn't fully processed. you feel weird after waking up but its perfectly normal. if you don't trip out on the whole fact that your baked over then it will be easier to ignore.

All of these affects disappear after a few days no biggie

Hello! Iwe smoked weed 5 times now in last month. First 2 times there was no effect at all, but the next times i started to feel something. At first it was good, but then that weird feeling started-like nothing is real, and i got scared. After third and fourth time the feeling dissapeared the next day. But after last time that was almost 5 days ago, the feeling wount dissapear. Im quite scared right now, but i hope that this will finnaly wear off. Im glad to hear that im not the only one whos experiencing this kind of thing.